Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whether the announcement is of AP 2.0 or not, I think your comment is a very good one. The only way there isn't a drag on sales that increases with the passage of time is if most sales are to luxury car buyers who don't follow what goes on with the company or with the technologies it uses. But since Tesla doesn't advertise, I think those potential buyers tend to know and talk to owners who likely would be aware of these issues, or they would do internet research that would inform them about these issues.

I'm ready to place my first Tesla order (Model S) and I'm waiting on AP 2.0 to make the move. If it's announced Monday, I'll be ready. If not, I'll wait. Don't really "need" the car til the Spring, so I can keep waiting. In the meantime, I'll continue to follow everything on this fantastic website.

While the inverter would be a Solar City announcement, I was just reading (lost the reference) about the potential of a new DC/DC home car charger hooked up into a PowerWall/Solar Panel setup...
This would actually be a very good product and I am sure it's part of the long term strategy to integrate all the power features. Why waste 20% or more of your power just converting it back and forth needlessly.

This would actually be a very good product and I am sure it's part of the long term strategy to integrate all the power features. Why waste 20% or more of your power just converting it back and forth needlessly.
I've been mentioning this since at least August of 2015, and I rarely get support for it. I've had pushback mostly because other members think I want it to fully charge the car off of the Powerwall, or act as a Supercharger, or some other combination. But yeah - I really love the idea of a Powerwall bypassing the onboard charger and supplying a DC charge to the car at whatever rate it's capable.

I've been mentioning this since at least August of 2015, and I rarely get support for it. I've had pushback mostly because other members think I want it to fully charge the car off of the Powerwall, or act as a Supercharger, or some other combination. But yeah - I really love the idea of a Powerwall bypassing the onboard charger and supplying a DC charge to the car at whatever rate it's capable.

Interesting especially if it would charge significantly faster. But why not just include this in the October 28 announcement since it is Powerwall related? It certainly would be a good way though to build up even more interest for the 28th.

USA Today has an article speculating that Monday's announcement is probably Tesla Vision

I'm having trouble imagining that Tesla, at this point in time, can pull off a high level of vehicle autonomy using only cameras and radar. Google has been at this the longest, and they are still using Lidar. I absolutely hope that I'm wrong, and like the article said when quoting Elon: "(next level of autonomy) will blow people’s minds; it blows my mind (and) it’ll come sooner than people think"

If they can pull that off, they will have leapfrogged Google. Even if it is "only" on ramp to off ramp full autonomy, that would definitely blow many minds.

RT

Way out there, but what about a solar panel attachment for model s/x? like a roof rack... that would be sweet. definitely help with range anxiety :)
It would do nothing to ease range anxiety. The extra drag would likely negate the very small number of wh collected by that amount of surface area pointed straight up.

I'm guessing it'll be Autopilot 2.0 with long-range rear sensors, capable of fully autonomous driving once the software catches up. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the non-Performance 100D with crazy range. I doubt it would be the Model Y; that one deserves its own large flashy reveal event, perhaps synchronous with the Model 3 event part deux.

Longshot: it could also be V2G related, such as the ability to trickle-charge a PowerWall from the vehicle battery during an outage. That would certainly be unexpected by most.

V2G may actually fit the timing proximity to the Oct 28 Tesla/SolarCity announcement. There could be some shared components

Reactions: callmesam
Most Wacky: Electric bicycle for huge China market
Most Impactful: Model Y, to take advantage the insatiable American SUV appetite
Most Likely: Tesla Vision
Most Ass-Kicking: 350 mile Model S 100D, 250 mile minimum Model 3
Most Significant: 200kWh Powerwall in same footprint
Most Out There: $300K Model S or X P120DLM (M is prepayment for set on SpaceX Mars transporter)

Reactions: callmesam