Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updating from 40.3 to 40.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw .4 was released a bit ago, but now updating to it and never realized I was on .4. I have been having very weird car issues lately. I hope they are fixed.

At a stop like and it going into park.

At a stop light and flashers flash twice, then all the heated seats turned on.

weird stuff like that

I saw .4 was released a bit ago, but now updating to it and never realized I was on .4. I have been having very weird car issues lately. I hope they are fixed.

At a stop like and it going into park.

At a stop light and flashers flash twice, then all the heated seats turned on.

weird stuff like that
Wow, that is really weird stuff. Have you tried resetting the computer? Going into park while you are driving is very bad and should never happen. If you reset your computer and this is still happening I would schedule a service appt immediately. Heated seats coming on while at a atop light with flashing lights is just straight freaky, but this seems like something that would be correct by resetting the computer.

Reactions: LionXng
Wow, as i was posting my last post I just got the notification that .4 was ready to install. So, installing now.... As a side note, I occasionally experience weirdness after a FW update so I typically do a computer rest after each update just to make sure everything is fresh.

I always have (for three years) rebooted after firmware installs and I know the few times I haven’t I’ve gotten glitches or the car hasn’t slept. And the reboot the car does ‘anyway’ is not the same. The software is not in place yet. Highly recommended to do a scroll wheel reboot. Not sure a power down reboot adds anything but can’t hurt!

And if you ever call Tesla the first thing they will have you is those exact things. Reboot both ways.

Reactions: Fernand and sduck
I always have (for three years) rebooted after firmware installs and I know the few times I haven’t I’ve gotten glitches or the car hasn’t slept. And the reboot the car does ‘anyway’ is not the same. The software is not in place yet. Highly recommended to do a scroll wheel reboot. Not sure a power down reboot adds anything but can’t hurt!

And if you ever call Tesla the first thing they will have you is those exact things. Reboot both ways.

Nobody’s saying rebooting doesn’t fix things in general. It’s just unnecessary for most, it not all people after a software update. Watch your screen - it reboots exactly the same as a double scroll wheel reboot at the end of the update.

Whatever. To each his own!

Well the two button reboot just restarts the screen. The actual power down reboots the car, so wouldn't you want to reboot the car and not just restart the screen? (info pulled from the manual).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.02.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.02.39 AM.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 132
Watch your screen - it reboots exactly the same as a double scroll wheel reboot at the end of the update.

This is my take too. No harm doing extra reboot. But as far as I know, there is no formal requirement to reboot after an update, so it can only be something that might help in very unusual circumstances so try it any way.

Watch your screen - it reboots exactly the same as a double scroll wheel reboot at the end of the update.

This is my take too. No harm doing extra reboot. But as far as I know, there is no formal requirement to reboot after an update, so it can only be something that might help in very unusual circumstances so try it any way.