Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v11 software update SUCKS

Do you prefer v11 Tesla UI to v10.x, or want Tesla to go back to v10?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, it sucks, the blind spot cams have a small delay which you end up staring away from the road down even for a couple split seconds, it dangerous, everything is moved around, the music is a complete and total disaster, it was a mess before but now its just a disaster... two and three taps to do things you used to be able to do in 1 tap..not cool, *sugar* update.

Yes, DANGEROUS is exactly the word I would use. I recall back in 2018 or early 2019 when I hadn't even had my car for a year, someone complained about the changes at that time which were more about positioning of the controls and much less radical that this. At the time I thought it was no big deal. But I've gotten used to the layout, knew what to look for and where to find it. Now I have to relearn all that again and the icons are absurd! I literally have no idea how long it is going to take me to find things again. I thought I'd take some time and read the owner's manual... I CAN'T FIND THAT!!! &#$%#*!!!!

WTF are they thinking?

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Placing shortcuts for icons/features you can't actually use while driving (theater mode, dashcam viewer, arcade) while burying features you actually did use behind an extra menu wall (heated seats, defroster) what was the logic in that again?

I see the "this is crap" vote is 3:1 to the "this is great" vote. I wonder if that is truly representative of Tesla owners? Or are the owners who find this thread biased. I searched to find it as I expected I wasn't the only one unhappy. Maybe this will get Tesla to give us a choice in our UIs? After all, the UI doesn't impact the operation of the car.

Someone above pointed out that on Tesla's LinkedIn page, their first video is a prominent one talking all about all the work they did to develop V11 and showing off the programmers and staff who worked on it.

I watched it, and it's exactly what we all suspected: It's a bunch of young 20-somethings dancing about the cool headlight show app and the neat musical note symbols that emanate from the picture of the car on the screen when the "megaphone" app is running. They're really proud of...adding Sonic the Hedgehog. JFC.

It's *@&#^%$ infuriating. Honestly, don't watch it because it'll make you want to throw your !*&@^#$ computer or tablet through the nearest wall.

Last edited:
That is infuriating. I KNEW it was made by 12 year olds who never drove/owned a car, and did all the development on a computer with a MOUSE. Here, tap this thing 20 menus deep while you're IN A MOVING CAR, taking your eyes off the road for the constant vision test that is UI11, crashing into lots of things.

If I'm found at fault for a crash, I'd blast them all over the news and NHSTA for v11. Did you all file too? I couldn't even get the damn radio on a few days ago as the 'icon' was 4 pixels by 4 pixels and even my PINKY finger is bigger than that. Not to mention the 30 min it took to decipher the asinine icons.

I can't believe that months later this horrible interface is still a part of my car. The other day I plugged in and the "charging screen" did not appear for some reason so I finally had to go into the app on my phone- which thankfully they haven't ruined - and update charging limit.
They need to release a V12 asap to avoid losing face. We know they'll never roll back to 10.

If I'm found at fault for a crash, I'd blast them all over the news and NHSTA for v11. Did you all file too? I couldn't even get the damn radio on a few days ago as the 'icon' was 4 pixels by 4 pixels and even my PINKY finger is bigger than that. Not to mention the 30 min it took to decipher the asinine icons.

I was 30 minutes into listening to a podcast through Tunin. Then I drove somewhere with my daughter and she turned it to music instead. After she was out I wanted to go back to the podcast. First, it's much harder to find with the new stupid layout. Then, it doesn't remember where I was and they removed the progress slider so that I could go back to the point I left off. Instead I'm left hitting the 15-second skip button 120 times. Probably more because it's tiny and even while parked I missed it a few times. It's maddening.

Someone above pointed out that on Tesla's LinkedIn page, their first video is a prominent one talking all about all the work they did to develop V11 and showing off the programmers and staff who worked on it.

I watched it, and it's exactly what we all suspected: It's a bunch of young 20-somethings dancing about the cool headlight show app and the neat musical note symbols that emanate from the picture of the car on the screen when the "megaphone" app is running. They're really proud of...adding Sonic the Hedgehog. JFC.

It's *@&#^%$ infuriating. Honestly, don't watch it because it'll make you want to throw your !*&@^#$ computer or tablet through the nearest wall.
Hopefully, Fisher-Price will see that video and hire them away.

I finally had to go into the app on my phone- which thankfully they haven't ruined

My opinion is that the app is getting worse too... or maybe it's a combination of the app and its communications with the vehicle.

All of the app controls are ignored until that particular feature is ready... leaving the user mashing the button. Instead the app should respond to the interaction with a loading state, then perform the desired action once the vehicle is ready.

This same failure happens with voice controls with an intermittent LTE connection... they'll just be ignored, requiring the user to push the button and repeat the command several times. It seems pretty strong evidence that the software devs don't have a good grasp of how to handle asynchronous.

The app has also been freezing for me lately while using "location"... causing Android to prompt "wait... or close app?".

Also, my music has been crackling and/or cutting in and out when performing various other actions (switching gear to reverse, viewing a sentry video, opening the car menu).

Elon said at one point something like "Tesla isn't really a car company, it's a software company". LOL.