Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 - what’s your verdict?

V11 - what’s your verdict?

• I love it

Votes: 63 14.8%
  • Some good things, some bad things, but overall it’s ok

Votes: 181 42.5%
  • A bit “meh”. I can live with it, but preferred the old UI

Votes: 107 25.1%
  • I hate it

Votes: 75 17.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said on another thread, the model S has much less horizontal space but the same number of little fiddly icons as the model 3 - they are just not at all easy to find, see or touch when driving.
It's poor that Tesla are trying to use the same UI on vehicles with portrait and landscape screen orientation. Both are being compromised, you have tiny icons too close together and the landscape vehicles have unused space :(

Another minor annoyance, probably covered already... but if you have seat heating on, but air con off... you can't seem to turn the seat heating off easily. You have to swipe up/tap the air con button which switches air con back on, and then turn off the heated seats, as well as the air con.

(and no im not saying my arse is hot or whatever nonsense you have to try and cajole the voice commands into understanding)

I can't help thinking they could fix a lot of the AC issues by making the small menu popup (and not turn AC on) if you tapped the temperature rather than the full climate screen. I wonder if that was originally intended as there's also the swipe up action and it doesn't really make sense for the tap and swipe to do exactly the same thing.

A nice overview of the update

Thanks for posting. That is indeed a useful watch. A couple of additions that are positive - nav waypoints and blind spot view - but I still find the general approach to hide key driving items behind menus and requiring more steps to reach them is a tad infuriating.

And the light show thing is, in my opinion, an utter waste of time and development effort. Pointless.

This is my biggest gripe to be honest (which isn't bad I guess). Hit some fog Boxing day night and to have to hit the car, then lights and then fog lights seems a problem to me. Why not just have them grey on the screen under the headlight icon such that you could switch them on direct from the touch screen. The rest of the update I think is pretty good though.

Agreed re fog lights, requiring three presses to get them on is just unsafe. I like your idea of putting them under the lights icon on the main screen - that would be simple and logical. But I suppose we’ll get another “light and fart show” instead :rolleyes:

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Agreed re fog lights, requiring three presses to get them on is just unsafe. I like your idea of putting them under the lights icon on the main screen - that would be simple and logical. But I suppose we’ll get another “light and fart show” instead :rolleyes:
Just tap the left stalk forward and the mini card for the lights pops up with fogs as an option?

I can't help thinking they could fix a lot of the AC issues by making the small menu popup (and not turn AC on) if you tapped the temperature rather than the full climate screen. I wonder if that was originally intended as there's also the swipe up action and it doesn't really make sense for the tap and swipe to do exactly the same thing.
If you press up or down arrows next to the temperature, a small menu does popup but it would have made more sense to me for this to pop up on pressing the temperature (maybe double press to bring full menu).

Reactions: Filbert1884
And the light show thing is, in my opinion, an utter waste of time and development effort. Pointless.
My assumption is that this is something from an intern or similar? Certainly hopefully not someone that could have otherwise been productive...

Given its an input method I can only imagine there are some vulnerabilities from it too (although I've not looked yet).

But yes, a waste from a direct pov, who knows what the secondary effects might be tho? Keep the rest of the Dev team happier? Some seem to like it?

My assumption is that this is something from an intern or similar? Certainly hopefully not someone that could have otherwise been productive...

Given its an input method I can only imagine there are some vulnerabilities from it too (although I've not looked yet).

But yes, a waste from a direct pov, who knows what the secondary effects might be tho? Keep the rest of the Dev team happier? Some seem to like it?
It was something they knocked up while taking a break from playing asteroids with the Chinese space station

• Funny
Reactions: interbear
Since it essentially already existed in the X I doubt they spent a lot of time on it.

Tesla reading sequence files direct from USB does open up potential vulnerabilities (eg. could you craft one to cause a stack fault and potentially execute code) but I'd hope it's been fully audited.

I note the instructions say "Must not contain any map update or firmware update files." which is a bit of extra stuff we didn't know was possible as well.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
Tried a wee 5 mile trip last night just to see how the UI was for driving. I think overall it's a nice clean up of the front end. I like the -idea- of press a (physical) thing to bring up a card of relevent settings, although it will hopefully get a few tweaks over time. This works for lights, wipers and basic heating controls, and I think will come to make a fair amount of sense once we are used to it.
Please which physical button brings up the basic heating controls?

Please which physical button brings up the basic heating controls?
Should have said (mostly) physical. Tap temp up or down to get quick heat controls. Although my sync button wasn't working quite like shown in a video.

Driver side also has mini icons for window heat, I think they should be gone when not on, and should be joined by a bacon indicator. And tap on temp should bring up the mini control, not the maxi, given a swipe up gives you maxi.

Does anyone know..

If I have the passenger heated seat set to 'auto', does it come on when there is no passenger?

As a 'by the way' point, I'm loving the auto setting on the drivers seat ;)
It senses if someone is sitting in the seat. I saw this in action yesterday. I was fiddling with the temperature settings as my wife got in, and I saw the icon for her heated seat change from nothing to 3 bars (and then quickly drop to 2 and then 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.