Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

v2020.8 rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First opportunity to take the car out in a while as we’ve been away. 3 updates whilst away (4.10 then 4.11 then 8.1, all done remotely) so I could only test the latest 8.1 update. Wednesday is bin day round here so what fun we had bin spotting - brings a new dimension to motoring.
Incidentally one of my sons very nearly hit a wheelie bin today as it had blown out into the road so he’s trying to persuade his wife to let him buy a Tesla, using the argument that it could be a life saver on a windy bin day!!

• Funny
Reactions: Cogarch
:D:D
I can't justify a 25 mile round trip just to get to the nearest traffic lights ... so even though I've got the update (and changed the Autopilot settings) I've yet to enjoy this new experience! My wife was fairly close to some earlier today but she isn't on the ball with these things so missed her chance! Oh how we thrilled at the arrival of the traffic cones previously ... the traffic lights will surely be too much for us!
I smile every time I see a traffic cone!

I purposely look out for pedestrian crossings to see the little person shimmy across the screen, how sad! :D

That’s how they work in the States.

I was tweeting with noted Tesla firmware export Green on Twitter over the weekend and, right now, there is no localisation of the signage/light iconography or behaviours at all. Probably tied to the big core re-write as that enables tagging and identification of new signage a lot quicker which will help localisations.

Reactions: Roy W. and Mr H
Well a bit of an odd/first one for me. My Car this morning said update 2020.80 available, it then downloaded it. Then after it completed the download there was no message that usually appears to install it and my car now tells me its up to date on 2020.4.1?

Anyone else get this?
Yes. Had the notification last night, gone this morning. I'm hoping it sorts itself out overnight.

Reactions: MrBadger
I was tweeting with noted Tesla firmware export Green on Twitter over the weekend and, right now, there is no localisation of the signage/light iconography or behaviours at all. Probably tied to the big core re-write as that enables tagging and identification of new signage a lot quicker which will help localisations.
Also Give Way signs = Stop signs & it doesn’t recognise filters.
FSD has a long way to go.

Significant rollout last couple of days, but still signs of rollback

upload_2020-3-11_19-40-50.png

I have installed this update and I am now getting regular steering correction warnings on minor roads.

I have never had them before and I have always had lane departure assist off so it doesn’t actually correct anything but it does issue a very loud warning.

anyone else notice this?

Yep. Never seen it before and has happened twice in exactly the spot each time. It also disables Autopilot for that trip even though I wasn't using it.

OK, I'm not feeling the Tesla update love like I usually do. It looks like, according to Teslafi, that updates are still going out for 2020.8.1 so it doesn't appear to have been pulled as some have suggested.

I was in the Brooklands Service Centre this morning having the recalled wiring loom replaced and asked them to take a look and see if they could push anything. They very kindly did but nothing was queued up for my car. It's all very strange as it's never taken this long for a major update to hit my car.

PS - if you were the black Model 3 coming up Reigate Hill that gave me a wave AND a flash in my white Model 3, hello back at you!

I have installed this update and I am now getting regular steering correction warnings on minor roads.

I have never had them before and I have always had lane departure assist off so it doesn’t actually correct anything but it does issue a very loud warning.

anyone else notice this?

Yes ... now you don't even need Autopilot on to make it panic! This update messes up just driving along country roads. Not helpful.

My wife came back last night while my Model 3 was in mid-update. She told me the car headlights were on and that she had opened it to turn them off. Anyone else encountered this issue while updating?

Sitting inside car doing an update, especially in the dark, can be a bit of an eerie experience. Not quite as alarming as being inside car for first supercharge experience though.

Yes ... now you don't even need Autopilot on to make it panic! This update messes up just driving along country roads. Not helpful.

I'm going to revert to standard update and see how this one pans out. Glad I didn't take the update when offered, since rescinded.

Last edited: