Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try to load it with HTTPS:

Code:
https://teslawaze.azurewebsites.net

This is a restriction in the new browser that was delivered with firmware 2018.14.x -- the browser application code cannot request geolocation information from the car unless the web page is loaded with HTTPS.

I just had to fix my site (Tesla Winds) for the same issue.
Thanks. I'll add a redirect

Just received the update (2018.14.2 a88808e). Page loads but still pretty slow ... It takes about 30 seconds for all layers to be drawn. Also, it is not possible anymore to move the map as before when the 'resume tracking' would appear.

Another question: probably unrelated to the new browser since I already had this problem before: When I get in the car after not using it a while and the waze page is still open, sometimes the map doesn't appear. I try to reload the browser but that even doesn't work. Only thing I find to work is OR reset the MCU OR first navigate to another page and then go back to the waze page. Do any of you also experience this issue, and what do you do about it ?

Super with the new browser is that the tracking is now realtime instead of 30 seconds ! I've been waiting for this for over a year now :) Thanks @ericwol for maintaining this great page !

Reactions: SmartElectric
I get a blank screen in the car and on my phone. It was working last night, but not today. I've rebooted the screen several times. No luck.i get the settings and plus/minus icons.on the bottom left, but nothing else. And those icons aren't working either. Just a.big white screen.

Another question: probably unrelated to the new browser since I already had this problem before: When I get in the car after not using it a while and the waze page is still open, sometimes the map doesn't appear. I try to reload the browser but that even doesn't work. Only thing I find to work is OR reset the MCU OR first navigate to another page and then go back to the waze page. Do any of you also experience this issue, and what do you do about it ?

Super with the new browser is that the tracking is now realtime instead of 30 seconds ! I've been waiting for this for over a year now :) Thanks @ericwol for maintaining this great page !
I do not have the update yet...so nothing that I can do right now.

The thread has grown too long to read through, so I must ask a question that may have been asked previously. What are the oval areas with red crosshatching that are all over the maps?? I've never seen them on the phone app, and I cannot deduce from context what in the world they represent, but there sure are a lot of them.

Reactions: DriverOne
Areas where the police like to sit.../ historical potential police speed trap areas where one might be but not be tagged by someone yet. Basically a good area to be careful!

Ahhh . . . thanks!
One of the reasons I couldn't deduce from context just what they represent is that I see a few of them in areas where there aren't any streets. Perhaps if I zoom in on one of those, it'll make more sense.

This is the end....

As you may not know, but Google has decided to charge for all access to their mapping service. At my current usage, I'm looking in an excess of $800 a month to continue running this service. Even if I remove the elevation usage, I'm still looking at $500 a month in charges.

These are exorbitant prices on top of the "dick move" by Google that only gives people 30 days to move off of their platform.

Sadly, the TeslaWaze website will be taken down at the end of May.

I will be exploring other options, but make no promises if this site will ever exists in the future.

Thanks guys for all your support,
Eric

53359546-7DCF-4EDE-93B7-9B172012BFAB.jpeg