Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One other thing - when you talk to the Tesla delivery person, they verify the details, and later that day (or night/morning), the Tesla page (press the MANAGE button after you log in ) will be populated with all the details including your final price, day, time and place it will be delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake
Reserved 3.31.2016 around 10:30am at Bellevue Square.
Invite 2/28
Ordered 3/1 as I needed a day to decide color (went with my kids pick), like 2 years was not enough.

Vin assigned overnight.
White, Aero and AP
Vin 11842
No contact yet.

Will be taking delivery in Bellevue. Signed up for factory tour a few weeks ago as I’m in the Bay Area on the March 27th and 28th on business. Tour is on the 28th at 3pm. I suspect the factory will be very busy on that day. So excited for my car and the tour. I got a shot of getting the car before the end of the month I suspect. I will be counting cars with my stop watch to estimate line rate to speculate weekly builds. Just kidding.

As a long time investor, first time customer and general fan boy I could not be a happier dude. My poor BMW 335 lease that ends in July is going to be one neglected ICE car.

Signed up for factory tour a few weeks ago as I’m in the Bay Area on the March 27th and 28th on business.
I reserved at Bellevue Square as well (9:47am) and also scheduled a factory tour a few days after I received my VIN. We'll be in the bay area in mid April and I'm so looking forward to the tour.

We'll taking delivery on 3/27 and driving it down to the bay area on a short vacation. I was going to stop and charge at the factory on our way there and then realized we can take a tour since we're new owners. I sent a note to [email protected] and a nice person, named Jamie, helped schedule it without issue.

Have a great tour and post your impressions.

Reactions: oldtrip
Invite 2/28
Ordered 3/1 as I needed a day to decide color (went with my kids pick), like 2 years was not enough.

Vin assigned overnight.
White, Aero and AP
Vin 11842
No contact yet.

Will be taking delivery in Bellevue. Signed up for factory tour a few weeks ago as I’m in the Bay Area on the March 27th and 28th on business. Tour is on the 28th at 3pm. I suspect the factory will be very busy on that day. So excited for my car and the tour. I got a shot of getting the car before the end of the month I suspect. I will be counting cars with my stop watch to estimate line rate to speculate weekly builds. Just kidding.

As a long time investor, first time customer and general fan boy I could not be a happier dude. My poor BMW 335 lease that ends in July is going to be one neglected ICE car.

hmm... I have the same config, ordered a day earlier and have no VIN. Maybe soon! or maybe SD is so booked up they are diverting them to delivery centers that have room before the end of the month. Also this is the highest white with aero vin I have seen, seems like its from a later batch. Also please add to the spreadsheet

Last edited:
Spreadsheet updated.

I was just contacted by a nice fellow from inside sales (Jeremiah) from Las Vegas. The best he knows is the cars is just exiting manufacturing. He expects it would be 2nd week of April for delivery. Probably just setting conservative expectations on the timing. I will be getting an update next week on Wednesday or Thursday. It would be cutting close to take delivery before end of month as the vehicle still has to ship about 900 miles and go through delivery prep. I'm good either way.

Who knows why Tesla does what they do for deliveries timing, location and selections. However I would not be surprised the CA delivery centers are booked up through end of quarter. There is a certain amount of randomness on their activities based on all the chatter on these boards.

Stay strong, be patient your time will no doubt come soon.

hmm... I have the same config, ordered a day earlier and have no VIN. Maybe soon! or maybe SD is so booked up they are diverting them to delivery centers that have room before the end of the month. Also this is the highest white with aero vin I have seen, seems like its from a later batch. Also please add to the spreadsheet

We should investigate 3 owners in this area for a potential get together of some type. Give the locals in the area an opportunity to see different color combinations in person while they decided on their orders. Triple XXX burger joint in Issaquah would be a great location. I would love a chance to both show off the car and meet fellow Tesla enthusiasts.

Jamie is who scheduled my Factory tour. All I needed was my order number and pick the day. You don’t need the VIN assignment to schedule. I will post my impressions when I complete the tour.

I reserved at Bellevue Square as well (9:47am) and also scheduled a factory tour a few days after I received my VIN. We'll be in the bay area in mid April and I'm so looking forward to the tour.

We'll taking delivery on 3/27 and driving it down to the bay area on a short vacation. I was going to stop and charge at the factory on our way there and then realized we can take a tour since we're new owners. I sent a note to [email protected] and a nice person, named Jamie, helped schedule it without issue.

Have a great tour and post your impressions.

Reactions: Kipp
Invite 2/28

Be sure to put gas stabilizer in your BMW so it will run ok when you return it !

2 full days since vin and no contact from my ISA. Nada.
Called 88851tesla, and basically got told to wait.

As much as we want our cars, I am sure they are under tremendous pressure to get the sales done quickly.
We should investigate 3 owners in this area for a potential get together of some type. Give the locals in the area an opportunity to see different color combinations in person while they decided on their orders. Triple XXX burger joint in Issaquah would be a great location. I would love a chance to both show off the car and meet fellow Tesla enthusiasts.

Jamie is who scheduled my Factory tour. All I needed was my order number and pick the day. You don’t need the VIN assignment to schedule. I will post my impressions when I complete the tour.

I emailed to ask for a tour. She knew I had a RN from my email and said I could do the tour. I thought that was cool. I think it is the name was Jaime as well. I guess there is probably one person!

Give the locals in the area an opportunity to see different color combinations in person while they decided on their orders. Triple XXX burger joint in Issaquah would be a great location. I would love a chance to both show off the car and meet fellow Tesla enthusiasts.
I'd be up for this. The Northwest Tesla Owners Facebook group is the place to coordinate meetups. Another one would be Seattle Tesla Model 3 Owners. I'd like to get more involved in these types of gatherings.

Reserved 3/31 in store at Sunnyvale, CA 11:30AM

3/22: Invited to configure
3/22: Configured Midnight Silver Metallic with 19" Sport Rims
3/25: VIN assigned and called by Tesla for delivery scheduling
4/7: Delivery @ Fremont

They said they couldn't "locate" the vehicle on the phone so they wanted to schedule delivery on 4/6 at the earliest.

• Love
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Reserved 3/31 in store at Sunnyvale, CA 11:30AM

3/22: Invited to configure
3/22: Configured Midnight Silver Metallic with 19" Sport Rims
3/25: VIN assigned and called by Tesla for delivery scheduling
4/7: Delivery @ Fremont

They said they couldn't "locate" the vehicle on the phone so they wanted to schedule delivery on 4/6 at the earliest.
Congrats
What is your VIN?