Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
configured 2nd reserved car today and guess what instant Vin 44xx
So what was your config, that they had inventory of it lying around awaiting a buyer? If not that, then we can perhaps start to see that they're getting better at this process of matching an order to a VIN, or the process (which I doubt is underway for Model 3) of assigning VINs prior to production of the vehicle.

I think the only thing they're really good at right now is giving people in CA cars way before anyone else, regardless of order date. I ordered a month ago and still don't have a VIN.

The car was rolling off the line on its way to you, when they noticed a nearby order came it for that config. "That guy in Texas is pretty winey. Lets just give it to the local." ;)

Fremont, CA resident here. Configured a metallic silver M3 with standard wheels, premium upgrade pkg and EAP on 2/1. No VIN yet. ISA indicated that if loan approval is noted in the system that VIN's sometimes appear faster - not sure about that since I had my loan approval in there for the past week!

Fremont, CA resident here. Configured a metallic silver M3 with standard wheels, premium upgrade pkg and EAP on 2/1. No VIN yet. ISA indicated that if loan approval is noted in the system that VIN's sometimes appear faster - not sure about that since I had my loan approval in there for the past week!

I don't see place on my account page to tell them that my loan has been approved. I had only an option to specify "Payment Method," and my choices included cash, my own financing, or Tesla financing. I selected cash/my financing and as a result the system reads "You have chosen to arrange your own financing through a bank or credit union. As your delivery date approaches, we will require information about your loan and lender."

It seems like a Catch-22: Telling them my loan is approved will speed up my VIN but I don't get a chance to tell them about my financing until "...my delivery date approaches," and my delivery date is predicated upon the assignment of a VIN.

o_O

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
I don't see place on my account page to tell them that my loan has been approved. I had only an option to specify "Payment Method," and my choices included cash, my own financing, or Tesla financing. I selected cash/my financing and as a result the system reads "You have chosen to arrange your own financing through a bank or credit union. As your delivery date approaches, we will require information about your loan and lender."

It seems like a Catch-22: Telling them my loan is approved will speed up my VIN but I don't get a chance to tell them about my financing until "...my delivery date approaches," and my delivery date is predicated upon the assignment of a VIN.

o_O

I did not enter this on MyTesla. I got hold of the ISA and had a conversation with her and that is when she advised me to forward her my loan approval