Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestions for this thread:

-If you get a Vin, at least report the first 3 of the last 5 digits. At the least. To not do that is to announce the arrival of your baby without indicating whether it’s a boy or girl.

-If you didn’t get a VIN, post that elsewhere. This is the VIN assignment thread, not the lack of VIN assignment thread.

Just keeps the signal to noise ratio higher around here.

My New Equation: 2 years + 2 days = M3
2 years + 2 days = 732 days = 17,568 hours until delivery of our Tesla Model 3!

Yes delivery really happened; Monday, 4/2 my wife and I took delivery at the new San Diego Delivery Center. The experience was positively excellent. Kudos for this positive experience start with Elle, our ISA. Starting with her first contact last week she kept me continually appraised of progress and next steps via e-mails and phone calls. She even went the extra mile to coordinate with Kia Finance to obtain their release of our personalized plates we had on our leased Kia Soul EV+ that we turned in last week. John greeted us warmly at the door and he was the person to take care of document signing. He had everything ready for us to sign; all paperwork in place including the CA DMV transfer of our existing personalized plates to the M3. Without Elle's help; we probably would of needed to first receive standard issue plates in about 45 days and then deal with the DMV to transfer the personalized plates to the M3. John then introduced us to Jose who spent a good amount of time while we took pictures; carefully examined the vehicle using the checklist found on the forum; paired our iPhones to the vehicle and the keycards; and provided an excellent overview and demonstration of touchscreen functions, vehicle operation, etc. He was quite knowledgeable, proficient, answered all of our questions, and was a pleasure to work with. During our inspection we did notice the driver side door didn't quite align flush with the side panel; also there was a small gap in the seal at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. He immediately had someone look at it; advised they agreed it needed correction and said it could be done there. He apologized that it may take a half-hour to correct. Within half an hour the door was perfectly aligned; the windshield seal addressed (though it probably never would of been a problem as is); and also had our personalized plates installed providing a Tesla M3 frame on both the front and rear. It's been a long 2 years and 2 days since standing in line at Fashion Valley mall in San Diego; but after driving the car for only about 35 miles - it was worth it. The car looks great and is delightful to drive. Many thanks to many contributors on this forum who provided valuable insight; checklists; and shared the experience of the wait.

VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN VIN!!!

(Will I be having wine to celebrate? If so, what VINtage?)

Checked for what probably would have been the last time before going to sleep, and now it's going to be that much harder to sleep.
1316X
See signature for specs.
Let me go re-read everyone else's discussion to see if I should contact them or wait for them to contact me.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
My New Equation: 2 years + 2 days = M3
2 years + 2 days = 732 days = 17,568 hours until delivery of our Tesla Model 3!

Yes delivery really happened; Monday, 4/2 my wife and I took delivery at the new San Diego Delivery Center. The experience was positively excellent. Kudos for this positive experience start with Elle, our ISA. Starting with her first contact last week she kept me continually appraised of progress and next steps via e-mails and phone calls. She even went the extra mile to coordinate with Kia Finance to obtain their release of our personalized plates we had on our leased Kia Soul EV+ that we turned in last week. John greeted us warmly at the door and he was the person to take care of document signing. He had everything ready for us to sign; all paperwork in place including the CA DMV transfer of our existing personalized plates to the M3. Without Elle's help; we probably would of needed to first receive standard issue plates in about 45 days and then deal with the DMV to transfer the personalized plates to the M3. John then introduced us to Jose who spent a good amount of time while we took pictures; carefully examined the vehicle using the checklist found on the forum; paired our iPhones to the vehicle and the keycards; and provided an excellent overview and demonstration of touchscreen functions, vehicle operation, etc. He was quite knowledgeable, proficient, answered all of our questions, and was a pleasure to work with. During our inspection we did notice the driver side door didn't quite align flush with the side panel; also there was a small gap in the seal at the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. He immediately had someone look at it; advised they agreed it needed correction and said it could be done there. He apologized that it may take a half-hour to correct. Within half an hour the door was perfectly aligned; the windshield seal addressed (though it probably never would of been a problem as is); and also had our personalized plates installed providing a Tesla M3 frame on both the front and rear. It's been a long 2 years and 2 days since standing in line at Fashion Valley mall in San Diego; but after driving the car for only about 35 miles - it was worth it. The car looks great and is delightful to drive. Many thanks to many contributors on this forum who provided valuable insight; checklists; and shared the experience of the wait.
I'm not sure how this is relevant to VIN assignment

Reactions: frakina