Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2018-4-25_14-44-46.png

Something exciting going on??? Usually means nothing, but a man can dream!!

Yes of course the cars are moved in and out by conveyor belt, but they do not move while being painted.

To come back to the actual question: I believe that 3.5 minutes are sufficient. The longer drying time is taken care of by the longer line section with the heat lamps.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm sticking with the Aeros though. I wanted the 18s, and I'm betting on them coming through for the Washington orders. At least, under the 6 week time frame.

What color are you going to choose. Silver works great without the aero covers. The rims are grey and with the aero kit the car looks sharp.
Hang in there with your invite.

Just to follow up on my low VIN number. I just got assigned a delivery coordinator and gave him a call, he laughed a little at the suggestion that II was getting a car someone else rejected and said my car was coming directly from the factory. Could it be that those of us farther away from the mothership will just get lower VINs due to transportation delays? Maybe they put them on trains to the middle of the country in some staging fashion, then distribute from there?

Anyway, another odd thing, they're making me put my wife on the loan because she will also be registered to drive the car? Didn't have that problem in NC when we bought my Subaru. Weird... But who cares, getting my model 3 soon!!!

Reactions: mwu