Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry, I configured 4/18 and still no VIN or contact..and I'm in the East Bay. I got the June email, so hoping any day now. I did change the color at one point, so I don't know if that put me to the back of the line..

I couldn't stand it anymore so I called today since I was at 6 weeks since configuring. Really didn't find out anything (of course) but it does sound like you won't be contacted until about 3 weeks before delivery when production of your car starts. At this point we may be getting a delivery date before knowing our VIN in many cases even though it's assigned when production starts. I theorize one factor is they got a massive amount of configurations with that 4/18 group and it's going to take a while to work through them all. Combined with (assumed) delaying of 200k U.S. deliveries all rhyme or reason is out the window.

All this is inference or downright wild-ass-guesses on my part and should be valued at how much you paid for it.

Reactions: Dark Knight
I couldn't stand it anymore so I called today since I was at 6 weeks since configuring. Really didn't find out anything (of course) but it does sound like you won't be contacted until about 3 weeks before delivery when production of your car starts. At this point we may be getting a delivery date before knowing our VIN in many cases even though it's assigned when production starts. I theorize one factor is they got a massive amount of configurations with that 4/18 group and it's going to take a while to work through them all. Combined with (assumed) delaying of 200k U.S. deliveries all rhyme or reason is out the window.

All this is inference or downright wild-ass-guesses on my part and should be valued at how much you paid for it.

Same. I called a couple days ago since I was coming up on week 7 with only receiving that delay E-mail and no other forms of communication. Didn't learn anything new except that I should be contacted anywhere from Mid June to Mid July with a delivery date. For reference I am a July E-mail.

Inv. 4/18
Conf. 4/20
MSM, Aero, No-EAP
East Coast

• Informative
Reactions: shrspeedblade
Same. I called a couple days ago since I was coming up on week 7 with only receiving that delay E-mail and no other forms of communication. Didn't learn anything new except that I should be contacted anywhere from Mid June to Mid July with a delivery date. For reference I am a July E-mail.

Inv. 4/18
Conf. 4/20
MSM, Aero, No-EAP
East Coast

I'm sorry - that sucks!

I actually have the same exact situation as you (except I configured with EAP). Same exact dates, color and location (well kinda, I moved from MA to GA 4 months ago). On May 18th ISA Randy from Vegas emailed me to introduce himself and tell me I had a VIN. Got my VIN 164xx the next day and now my delivery is Friday June 8th (tomorrow) in Jacksonville. My M3 arrived to the delivery center today off the truck from Birmingham Alabama. I received this email:

Good afternoon Timmy,

Right now our major Model 3 release in Canada has back logged my contracts team a decent amount. They seem to be finalizing everything 24 hours before deliveries. You can still make the payment a few hours before your delivery and be fine. The car is at the delivery center ☺

I hope and pray to get a perfect car.....

I'm sorry - that sucks!

I actually have the same exact situation as you (except I configured with EAP). Same exact dates, color and location (well kinda, I moved from MA to GA 4 months ago). On May 18th ISA Randy from Vegas emailed me to introduce himself and tell me I had a VIN. Got my VIN 164xx the next day and now my delivery is Friday June 8th (tomorrow) in Jacksonville. My M3 arrived to the delivery center today off the truck from Birmingham Alabama. I received this email:

Good afternoon Timmy,

Right now our major Model 3 release in Canada has back logged my contracts team a decent amount. They seem to be finalizing everything 24 hours before deliveries. You can still make the payment a few hours before your delivery and be fine. The car is at the delivery center ☺

I hope and pray to get a perfect car.....

Let us know how it goes! Its good news to hear other people are getting their cars, means I am one step closer! Going 7 weeks with only a unpersonalized delay e-mail kind of sucks. Though I forgot to mention I have an ISA assigned at least, according to the support rep I talked too.

Best of luck with the delivery & car! Reading the forums keeps me excited about getting mine :)

73EFD578-0F47-461F-9C7F-428C5B735AAE.jpeg 73EFD578-0F47-461F-9C7F-428C5B735AAE.jpeg
In the same boat as you except I changed wheels . What's your configuration?

Red, Aero, EAP. I contacted them yesterday, was told mid to late June before they probably contact me. I think at this point it could mean July too. I do see a lot more of them around now though, including a matte black one that drove by.

I have a 10 and an 8-year-old, and they fit fine. If I had to use a booster or infant seats I feel as though I would still have room. Three kids maybe a tight fit.
We have a 5 year old, 3 year old and a 2 month old. They all use booster/car seats. I’m thinking it won’t be big enough. I could take delivery and then try to sell it but I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle.

Just got a delivery date assigned. Next two weeks are going to be tough - I am already shopping for accessories to kill time :)

Invitation: 4/13/18
Configured: 4/15/18
Received VIN: 6/2/18 (Using HPWC Trick)
ISA Contact: 6/4/18
Delivery: 6/21/18
VIN: 241XX

My Config: Red, Sport Wheels, PUP, LR, EAP

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
No call yet today so that's very good. My M3 has been at the DC since yesterday my ISA told me via email.

Delivery in 23 hours (fingers crossed).

We'll drive the 35 mins south to Jacksonville to try to look at it this afternoon and really check it out in advance.

So still no link to pay via EFT/ACH online through my account yet.....they said 48 hours, then 24 hours....lol

Tesla makes it difficult to pay.....to pay in advance or at least a day or 3 early.

Just got a delivery date assigned. Next two weeks are going to be tough - I am already shopping for accessories to kill time :)

Invitation: 4/13/18
Configured: 4/15/18
Received VIN: 6/2/18 (Using HPWC Trick)
ISA Contact: 6/4/18
Delivery: 6/21/18
VIN: 241XX

My Config: Red, Sport Wheels, PUP, LR, EAP
Congrats! Also got called this morning to schedule delivery.

Invite: 4/13/18
Configured: 4/25/18
Received VIN: 6/3/18 (HPWC Trick)
ISA Contact: 6/7/18
Delivery: 6/22/18 (said could likely happen sooner)
Delivery Location: Decatur, GA (Atlanta)
VIN: 0319xx

Config: Black / Sport

Still can’t believe this is real...