Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My edit design button is finally gone!

Reserved: 3/31/16 (online)
Invited: 4/18/18
Configured: 4/27/18
"July" delay email: 5/20/18

Now waiting for email or call from ISA... hopefully in the next few hours (days) lol
I got the call from ISA later the same day that the edit button disappeared. So it should be soon. Granted the initial call just stated that a VIN was assigned. No word at that point as to what the VIN was or when delivery would be.

For what it's worth I configured on 4/14. Initial ISA contact was 5/23 and my delivery is tomorrow 6/15.

Now waiting for email or call from ISA... hopefully in the next few hours (days) lol

Invited: 4/18/18, configured same day
"July" email.
My edit button disappeared a week ago today and I've heard nothing from Tesla. Same as another TMC member here in this area (NY). Seems like response from Tesla varies by a lot of factors hidden from us! Good luck.

I got the call from ISA later the same day that the edit button disappeared. So it should be soon. Granted the initial call just stated that a VIN was assigned. No word at that point as to what the VIN was or when delivery would be.

For what it's worth I configured on 4/14. Initial ISA contact was 5/23 and my delivery is tomorrow 6/15.

Looks like from vin to delivery the average is roughly 18 days based on the spreadsheet. I guess at least I can start getting quotes on insurance and loan stuff... Good luck tomorrow!

This shows how dysfunctional Tesla is. Not blaming you or hating on you at all. Instead would like to congratulate you on being one step closer. :)

I reserved the same time as you.
I was invited the same time as you.
I received the JUNE email

Edit button is still showing for me.

Same thing for my cousin.

He ordered 3/31/18 (after me, mid-day)
he was invited mid April to configure (about a week before me.)
He was contacted by Tesla saying his financing application was denied. (Sometime in May)
Since that, he's not been contacted.

Tesla needs to do something about this.

I live about 20 miles from the Fremont factory. Such a tease.

I'm in NY and got the July email. On 6/7 my link disappeared, but no contact yet. It seems plausible that they are pushing more cars across the country so that once they get here they will be July deliveries, while you're so close that they can wait until closer to July and you'd end up getting yours about the same time as we get ours on the east coast. When factoring in transit time, VIN assignment order isn't going to be the same as delivery order.

This shows how dysfunctional Tesla is. Not blaming you or hating on you at all. Instead would like to congratulate you on being one step closer. :)

I reserved the same time as you.
I was invited the same time as you.
I received the JUNE email

Edit button is still showing for me.

Same thing for my cousin.

He ordered 3/31/18 (after me, mid-day)
he was invited mid April to configure (about a week before me.)
He was contacted by Tesla saying his financing application was denied. (Sometime in May)
Since that, he's not been contacted.

Tesla needs to do something about this.

I live about 20 miles from the Fremont factory. Such a tease.

I really think what will happen is they will contact you and you will have a VERY short turn around to delivery. I am another Upsate NY person. Same issue, a week ago Edit disappeared and no contact. My guess is you will have the car before we do lol

I'm in NY and got the July email. On 6/7 my link disappeared, but no contact yet. It seems plausible that they are pushing more cars across the country so that once they get here they will be July deliveries, while you're so close that they can wait until closer to July and you'd end up getting yours about the same time as we get ours on the east coast. When factoring in transit time, VIN assignment order isn't going to be the same as delivery order.

Completely agree.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy