Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any updates folks? hopefully the deliveries affected by the ECU part are starting to trickle out of Tysons DC 🤞
I don't understand it. The ECU part is available and has been ever since our cars were delivered at Tysons. This statement is based on the simple fact that cars arriving after ours are rolling out to customers with the part! My financing likely expires at the end of the month.

What? Do you know when your car arrived at Tysons? My 5 day range is still sliding out each day by a day, now it's 6/15-6/19. At the beginning of last week I got excited because the slide stalled for several days making me think they were working on the car.
oh I don't even have a VIN yet. just commenting on these delivery issues since they're probably holding up the rest of us still waiting for VIN assignment with capacity issues and all.

oh I don't even have a VIN yet. just commenting on these delivery issues since they're probably holding up the rest of us still waiting for VIN assignment with capacity issues and all.
Q A quick suggestion then - wait till the very last minute before completing the tasks related to financing, down payment and insurance. A lot of us did it when we were contacted about a delivery date. For me that was at the end of April with delivery the end of the first week of May. The car arrived the second week of May. Since then I've been paying for insurance, gave them 50% down and my financing rate lock is about to expire at the end of the month.

Q A quick suggestion then - wait till the very last minute before completing the tasks related to financing, down payment and insurance. A lot of us did it when we were contacted about a delivery date. For me that was at the end of April with delivery the end of the first week of May. The car arrived the second week of May. Since then I've been paying for insurance, gave them 50% down and my financing rate lock is about to expire at the end of the month.
with rates going to trash by the time I take delivery, I'm gonna opt to pay cash so that's one less issue to worry about. Does Tesla Insurance only take effect once you take delivery? I might actually start with Tesla Insurance and shop around afterwards depending on how the safety score factors in my driving habits.

What I've heard from SAs at Tysons is that they have the charge port part but they're now missing a Bolt that goes with that charge port. Fortunately, I took the delivery of my Car by forcing the SA to change my VIN on May 19th without waiting for a part that God knows when Tesla will send to the Service centers.

with rates going to trash by the time I take delivery, I'm gonna opt to pay cash so that's one less issue to worry about. Does Tesla Insurance only take effect once you take delivery? I might actually start with Tesla Insurance and shop around afterwards depending on how the safety score factors in my driving habits.
You can literally sign up for Tesla insurance on the day of your delivery even if it is a Sunday.

Reactions: smuugs
I'm a firm believer in putting 50% down on houses, cars and boats. My opinion is that it protects you against not being able to sell, ending up having to come up with cash to sell, and it keeps 50% of the cost in the bank earning more than the financing difference. In my case a doubling of the quoted rate I got would add $50 per month.

What I've heard from SAs at Tysons is that they have the charge port part but they're now missing a Bolt that goes with that charge port. Fortunately, I took the delivery of my Car by forcing the SA to change my VIN on May 19th without waiting for a part that God knows when Tesla will send to the Service centers.
Now they're waiting for bolts? LoL.
I thought of trying what you did but at this point is seems very risky. Tesla is talking about not accepting any new orders. In one article I came across it seems they've been trying to convince people with long range orders to take delivery of a short range version. Something to do with production, batteries, etc. I'm going to have to wait it out but concern is now turning to battery drain sitting on the lot. The manual for Model Y says it averages 1% per day and if it goes to 0% it can damage other components. What a mess. LoL.

Now they're waiting for bolts? LoL.
I thought of trying what you did but at this point is seems very risky. Tesla is talking about not accepting any new orders. In one article I came across it seems they've been trying to convince people with long range orders to take delivery of a short range version. Something to do with production, batteries, etc. I'm going to have to wait it out but concern is now turning to battery drain sitting on the lot. The manual for Model Y says it averages 1% per day and if it goes to 0% it can damage other components. What a mess. LoL.
I asked the SA at Tysons about the battery drain - he said 1) the cars waiting for the part are stored in a deep hibernation mode that does not drain 1% per day and 2) they are able to charge them if needed, it's not fast and it's not something us non-tesla people can do, but they are keeping track and able to remedy. He told me my car was in the high 60% range, he was able to see it in the computer.

Reactions: TJGreen1955