Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, I did some quotes about a month ago (when I was originally mean't to take delivery of an SR+). Being closer to delivery now, re-did the quotes, found they are mostly slightly higher than they were before.

NRMA was the best quote I had previously (around $1k/yr), need to call to get the quote though.

• Informative
Reactions: TASKA9
Interesting, I did some quotes about a month ago (when I was originally mean't to take delivery of an SR+). Being closer to delivery now, re-did the quotes, found they are mostly slightly higher than they were before.

NRMA was the best quote I had previously (around $1k/yr), need to call to get the quote though.

Suncorp was around the same when I asked as well. They give extra discounts if you have other insurance with them - and CTP counts for that.

• Informative
Reactions: CpuID

Just tried today. RACV increases the premium by around $400 since last month for the performance. no good.

Just tried today. RACV increases the premium by around $400 since last month for the performance. no good.

I just logged on and with comprehensive, windscreen, hire car, choice of repairer and market value (which for the first 2 years is new for old) price came in at $126 per month on a $2,000 excess....overall I am quite happy with that....in 2 months I will get an additional 5% off for 'being' with RACV for x number of years....also have the S and X still with RACV.

I'm 48 and no accidents etc.

Funny thing is if I add my wife, whom is 10 years younger than I, the price drops another $10 per month!....that is leaving me on as primary driver and just adding her!

• Informative
I just logged on and with comprehensive, windscreen, hire car, choice of repairer and market value (which for the first 2 years is new for old) price came in at $126 per month on a $2,000 excess....overall I am quite happy with that....in 2 months I will get an additional 5% off for 'being' with RACV for x number of years....also have the S and X still with RACV.

I'm 48 and no accidents etc.

Funny thing is if I add my wife, whom is 10 years younger than I, the price drops another $10 per month!....that is leaving me on as primary driver and just adding her!
I didn't look a the the monthly. It came up around $1,400 annually with $2,000 excess & market value. Considering per month is a little dearer, so it's about the same. But as soon as I put in the maximum agreed value, it went up to $1,800. I used to be $1,400 last month. I would like to go for RACV though because of the not-at-fault car hire cause I think getting a Tesla repaired may take awhile.

I think it kinda make sense that it's cheaper when you add a female driver. The less time a male driver has in a car, the less the chance of at-fault accident, as much as us guys would like to disagree.

I didn't look a the the monthly. It came up around $1,400 annually with $2,000 excess & market value. Considering per month is a little dearer, so it's about the same. But as soon as I put in the maximum agreed value, it went up to $1,800. I used to be $1,400 last month. I would like to go for RACV though because of the not-at-fault car hire cause I think getting a Tesla repaired may take awhile.

I think it kinda make sense that it's cheaper when you add a female driver. The less time a male driver has in a car, the less the chance of at-fault accident, as much as us guys would like to disagree.

Sure, I'll add my wife but she'll never drive it....

I terms of the max agreed value it's a waste of money for the first 2 years as you have new for old during this time.

Once my extra 5% kicks in and with my wife lists the monthly price will drop to $109.70 per month which of a $106,000 performance car I thought was quite good.

• Informative
didn't she say she would go to a two-week cruise? Probably sipping vodka on a deck now.
Unfortunately I’m not on the cruise for another week. I’ve had one of *those* weeks at work this week, resulting in long days. Things will be back to normal next week and I will be a lot more vocal again :)

PS - still no VIN, although I have only checked twice today!

Reactions: CpuID and TASKA9
I got a response to one of my emails last night.

Thanks for your email.

At this time, we are unable to predict when your Model 3 order will be assigned a VIN. The demand for vehicles currently exceeds supply, however, we are continuing to work through our existing order backlog and allocating vehicles in order as soon as they complete production. Due to this, we are estimating a delivery timeframe of late November / December (this is subject to change).

We want to thank you for your order and let you know that we are doing everything we can to get your vehicle to you as quickly as possible.

We understand that this is an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Hope you have a good day.

Atleast they are considering a late November / December delivery now and they are saying that its subject to change which is likely. Also they are apparently assigning VINs when they are finishing production, NOT while in Australia.

Reactions: baillies
What are the chances of P+ white interiors delivered before Dec??
I wouldn't put my money on that odd.

There are new lot of black interior P+. They are the 2020 model year. A few of us were assigned the VINs over the weekend. And I predicted they were going to be delivered late Nov. Haven't seen any new white interior P+ VIN so far. But if you get your VIN today, you might get yours before Dec.

Waiting for a Tesla, being pessimistic usually serves you well.

I got a response to one of my emails last night.

Thanks for your email.

At this time, we are unable to predict when your Model 3 order will be assigned a VIN. The demand for vehicles currently exceeds supply, however, we are continuing to work through our existing order backlog and allocating vehicles in order as soon as they complete production. Due to this, we are estimating a delivery timeframe of late November / December (this is subject to change).

We want to thank you for your order and let you know that we are doing everything we can to get your vehicle to you as quickly as possible.

We understand that this is an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Hope you have a good day.

Atleast they are considering a late November / December delivery now and they are saying that its subject to change which is likely. Also they are apparently assigning VINs when they are finishing production, NOT while in Australia.

I have also received the same answer :

"...we are estimating a delivery timeframe of late November / December (this is subject to change)"

It keeps on slipping... with no commitment from Tesla.

I was also told that the provided trade-in estimate is valid until the end of this year. If the car delivery gets pushed to 2020, the trade-in will be re-evaluated.

I am a 1/4/16 reservation holder but really would like the AWD version anyhow as the insurance is cheaper. However really want it by mid dec for travel at Christmas. US people would freak out with a 4 or 5 month wait on a order of course. Esp when it was scheduled to be the following month at time of order ie September. Ordered at begining of August.

I have also received the same answer :

"...we are estimating a delivery timeframe of late November / December (this is subject to change)"

It keeps on slipping... with no commitment from Tesla.

I was also told that the provided trade-in estimate is valid until the end of this year. If the car delivery gets pushed to 2020, the trade-in will be re-evaluated.

I got the same email this morning also, word for work verbatim, prompted by an email first from me which I sent 2 days ago. :cool::cool:

I think it is totally unacceptable to give an estimate of late October when buying and then push it out to a maybe December this year. :mad::mad:

<joke> I'll think I'll send an invoice for car rental costs, if not paid after 3 reminders I will issue it as a bad debt. o_Oo_O </joke>

Jokes aside, what was the point in being a first day reservation holder, owner of an S and X, many referrals under my belt (where I have earnt gifts like 22'inch wheels on the X, free PW2 etc.) and then it is still a first in best dressed scenario....seems totally off to me... :confused::confused:

My situation actually does have a real cost, I have sold my S which I will lose in just a little over 2 weeks and from that point on until my Model 3 is delivered I will be up for a car rental cost as we are a 2 car family (cannot do without 2 cars)...even worse I will be reengaged to driving a bloody ICE! Shock horror.... :eek::eek: