Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the same email this morning also, word for work verbatim, prompted by an email first from me which I sent 2 days ago. :cool::cool:

I think it is totally unacceptable to give an estimate of late October when buying and then push it out to a maybe December this year. :mad::mad:

<joke> I'll think I'll send an invoice for car rental costs, if not paid after 3 reminders I will issue it as a bad debt. o_Oo_O </joke>

Jokes aside, what was the point in being a first day reservation holder, owner of an S and X, many referrals under my belt (where I have earnt gifts like 22'inch wheels on the X, free PW2 etc.) and then it is still a first in best dressed scenario....seems totally off to me... :confused::confused:

My situation actually does have a real cost, I have sold my S which I will lose in just a little over 2 weeks and from that point on until my Model 3 is delivered I will be up for a car rental cost as we are a 2 car family (cannot do without 2 cars)...even worse I will be reengaged to driving a bloody ICE! Shock horror.... :eek::eek:

Well, I am going to send my first email to them (a nice one). Fully expecting the exact same answer, but will give it a go. Can I ask what email are people using? I checked my account and couldn't find it, although I know I saw it somewhere on this forum weeks ago. Thanks

I got this reply from Brisbane Delivery:

We have now found a vehicle for you but it will still have to make its way to Australia.
Currently, we are expecting late November for an estimated delivery date.
Once we have confirmation your vehicle is on its way from the US, we can confirm your delivery date.

I was allocated a hidden VIN last week. I was always assuming that having a hidden VIN meant that your car was in Australia and was with logistics. Maybe it is only just getting loaded on a ship? If that's the case, the web site claiming a delivery of October (and Sales telling me mid-October) when I ordered at the beginning of September is complete and utter bollocks. And if it's just getting loaded on a ship, then November is also an extremely ambitious target.

What the actual hell, Tesla?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I got this reply from Brisbane Delivery:

I was allocated a hidden VIN last week. I was always assuming that having a hidden VIN meant that your car was in Australia and was with logistics. Maybe it is only just getting loaded on a ship? If that's the case, the web site claiming a delivery of October (and Sales telling me mid-October) when I ordered at the beginning of September is complete and utter bollocks. And if it's just getting loaded on a ship, then November is also an extremely ambitious target.

What the actual hell, Tesla?
Exactly, assuming that the best case occurred, and the VIN was allocated on 18/10/2019 as the vehicles were loaded on a ship that left immediately, the cargo ships take roughly 4 weeks to sail to port of Sydney where the vehicles are offloaded for processing. This puts the earliest time that they can come off the ship at around 16th November. From discussions that have happened on this forum, it takes at least a week for a new vehicle to clear customs and be processed by Autonexus, taking us to the 23rd November. After that the vehicles have to be shipped to Brisbane (or Melbourne in my case) where they have final preparation for delivery. Likely another week, making the earliest delivery the 30th November. Anything goes wrong (and it will), or any stage taking longer than the bare minimum, and we are looking at early December.

In other words, the chance of a November delivery is almost non-existent. Why Tesla insist on propagating such ambitious fiction is a mystery.

I am travelling during the most ambitious delivery window. So it is obvious that Tesla will propose a delivery date during this time.

In other words, the chance of a November delivery is almost non-existent. Why Tesla insist on propagating such ambitious fiction is a mystery.
Indeed. I wouldn't not mind, in fact I would rather it if they just came out and said a later date - it feels like they're completely guessing an earlier date, which is inevitably missed, leaving the customer with a crappy experience.

There are ships due in on Oct 25, Nov 15, 22 and 29. Hopefully there will be some action but as you say you need to give it at least 2 weeks from the ship unloading.

Exactly, assuming that the best case occurred, and the VIN was allocated on 18/10/2019 as the vehicles were loaded on a ship that left immediately, the cargo ships take roughly 4 weeks to sail to port of Sydney where the vehicles are offloaded for processing. This puts the earliest time that they can come off the ship at around 16th November. From discussions that have happened on this forum, it takes at least a week for a new vehicle to clear customs and be processed by Autonexus, taking us to the 23rd November. After that the vehicles have to be shipped to Brisbane (or Melbourne in my case) where they have final preparation for delivery. Likely another week, making the earliest delivery the 30th November. Anything goes wrong (and it will), or any stage taking longer than the bare minimum, and we are looking at early December.

I am travelling during the most ambitious delivery window. So it is obvious that Tesla will propose a delivery date during this time.
It's a Christmas miracle! I got a call from a Tesla person (from Brisbane of all places) moments after posting this logistical analysis to discuss delivery. Of course it confirmed exactly what I postulated in my last post. They are talking early December delivery, so bang on when I will be away on holidays. They are calling everyone who got a hidden VIN in my batch as far as I can tell.

Oh well, at least I can update my signature to indicate my first personal contact from Tesla.

It's a Christmas miracle! I got a call from a Tesla person (from Brisbane of all places) moments after posting this logistical analysis to discuss delivery. Of course it confirmed exactly what I postulated in my last post. They are talking early December delivery, so bang on when I will be away on holidays. They are calling everyone who got a hidden VIN in my batch as far as I can tell.

Oh well, at least I can update my signature to indicate my first personal contact from Tesla.
They haven't called me yet. Your VIN and mine is right next to each other. Well, I sort of say half the truth. I emailed them saying I would not be contactable on a phone or SMS until late Nov, only reply emails.

Anyhow, they emailed me back thanking for notifying them, and nothing else. Partly my fault, because I didn't ask them the ETA.

I assume no one who ordered a SR+ had been offered a P-? Reading about the insane acceleration of the P is making me regretting a little bit about not ordering a P,
It's not too late to change, but you are not going to get a free upgrade and P3D- does not exist any more except where someone changed, and those are going to LR AWD orders from long time reservation holders.

Level 11 hope that its just if you order now and our cars are going to produced shortly and sent off for December.
No, its Tesla isnt it...
Yeaaah, to December.. 2020
I'm sticking with my theory that if your order a SR+ now, you'll get it in the same batch as the remaining 2016 reservation holders.

Based off mainly my frustration that their queue is meaningless.

• Disagree
Reactions: CpuID
Worth noting for the current VINless: I have a delivery appointment scheduled for 8th November, and still have no VIN visible anywhere on the teslaaccount/profile page (not hidden either). I did notice there's a hidden VIN on the teslaaccount/product-finalize page though (had not seen that page until today) which matches my final invoice received a few days ago.

There does seem to be some alternate method of tracking VINs within Tesla Australia it seems, or they have flags to specify if they show online or not... not having a visible or hidden VIN does not seem to be a clear indication of how things are progressing.

The only way I could tell "something changed" was the Edit Design button disappeared. If that also happens to you, maybe email <city>[email protected] (whichever you normally use) and see if you have a VIN assignment yet. I had a call to schedule delivery within 2 days of that occurring.

I
Worth noting for the current VINless: I have a delivery appointment scheduled for 8th November, and still have no VIN visible anywhere on the teslaaccount/profile page (not hidden either). I did notice there's a hidden VIN on the teslaaccount/product-finalize page though (had not seen that page until today) which matches my final invoice received a few days ago.

There does seem to be some alternate method of tracking VINs within Tesla Australia it seems, or they have flags to specify if they show online or not... not having a visible or hidden VIN does not seem to be a clear indication of how things are progressing.

The only way I could tell "something changed" was the Edit Design button disappeared. If that also happens to you, maybe email <city>[email protected] (whichever you normally use) and see if you have a VIN assignment yet. I had a call to schedule delivery within 2 days of that occurring.
It's also possible to look at the product-finalize page before it starts redirecting you there, you just have to enter in the URL. I've had a hidden VIN there even before a delivery date was arranged.

• Helpful
Reactions: CpuID
Not going to lie.
If I have to wait until February especially after they said, September, November, Late November... wait scratch that it's now December, Late December, February. I will be very disappointed.

I'm a huge fan of Tesla but the way they have treated their customers here is pretty unacceptable. They keep changing the dates on the design viewer but we have no idea if those are dates to do with new orders or existing orders. Other countries have an 'estimated delivery date' from the start on the accounts page. Why does Australia get left in the dust?