Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Vedaprime - I was meant to be delivered my car late October....at this stage still no hidden VIN however the Australian Delivery team still insist I should get my car Late November/December....in your opinion do you think they’re smoking crack or?

This happens to some people with no hidden vin. It is possible. Sorry, it won’t help the anxiety. You will get a delivery call, invoice, rego papers, and it will happen quickly within about 10 days of delivery probably. Earlier if you have finance.

@Bluebay - thanks....appreciate the support and maybe those words have helped as it looks like I have just now been allocated a hidden VIN!

@Vedaprime - love to know your thoughs on the below VIN:

5YJ3F7EC9LF5875XX

I'd love also love to know when @tessiestraya reserved/ordered as it would seem we have close VINs however @tessiestraya is a lower number than mine....

So glad to hear that you finally have your hidden VIN. That's good news.

They're smoking something.. just not sure why tesla dropped the ball for Oct/Nov.. if they delivered 3 cars since 1st Oct until now?

Seems they like cramming it all in end of quarter (with xmas adding to the rush)

the reason is production focusses on areas closer to US for the last 6 weeks of the quarter for the financial accounts - only deliveries count as Sales. This is why it was quiet for October deliveries

We can expect this quarter as well. No more cars are being built for here this year. January deliveries will be quiet. The next cars will be built early January, and delivered in February.

I am not so sure. I think until our 58xxxx and 59xxxx vin ranges start to get invoices, we can’t know for sure the build date and therefore can’t confirm the ship. @Vedaprime may already know of invoices for these ranges and if not has proven incredible at predicting!

We are definitely 2020 build dates, so manufacture after October 11. What I don’t know is if they might be on the ship arriving on 22 Nov. or a later ship.

The 58xxxx and 59xxxx are not built in sequence so don’t mean much, but it does help narrow down the build date. You are 100% right , the invoice are the thing to wait for. The build date will pinpoint the ship and location. You are right The 2020 vin means it has to be built after October 10.

Received my invoice today. SR+
Build date 28/10/19
Model year 2020
VIN 5YJ3F7EA7LF503648

Was told during phone call, expect 1st or 2nd week of January for Melbourne delivery.
Happy it’s a 2020 model.

It’s looking like it will be on Seoul Express Dec 13. Interesting they said January. The thing they will worry about is holiday factors - people on leave - at Autonexus, car carriers and detailers. Elon will not be happy - They really do need every car in the yearly performance goals they are aiming for. There will be pressures to deliver this year.

@Bluebay - thanks....appreciate the support and maybe those words have helped as it looks like I have just now been allocated a hidden VIN!

@Vedaprime - love to know your thoughs on the below VIN:

5YJ3F7EC9LF5875XX

I'd love also love to know when @tessiestraya reserved/ordered as it would seem we have close VINs however @tessiestraya is a lower number than mine....

It is built after October 10, 2020 vin. You just need your invoice to pinpoint the build date. It will be either October 20-22, or October 28-29.

If it is October 22 build, it will be here November 22.
If it is October 29, it can’t be later than arriving December 13, but it can make an earlier ship. I just don’t have evidence yet.

Reactions: Bluebay
oh wow hidden VIN!

5YJ3F7EA0KF4612xx

And it's different to my original VIN from August which vanished :p

Could this possibly mean that my car is on a ship?!
It is more likely it came here back in August with that vin range. It could have had a fault. Parts just arrived recently, and now it is ready to go and you have it assigned to you now. Your invoice - build date when it comes will be the proof if this hunch is true.

It is built after October 10, 2020 vin. You just need your invoice to pinpoint the build date. It will be either October 20-22, or October 28-29.

If it is October 22 build, it will be here November 22.
If it is October 29, it can’t be later than arriving December 13, but it can make an earlier ship. I just don’t have evidence yet.

I guess I have to wait until Tesla call me re invoice?

I guess I have to wait until Tesla call me re invoice?
They call, as above.

If they do not get you on the phone, they normally send you the rego form as well as the invoice. Read carefully for the rego part, then sign , and return .

Might take a couple of days, two or three, but you could also get the invoice tomorrow.. give it say until end of next week , before you worry though ?

At least that post worked for you with the Vin ;)

ps. . Please when you get the invoice , let Vedaprime know here , with the Vin plus the Build date, help him , to help us... :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparty93
White Model 3 Performance with White Interior - just assigned a VIN within the last 4 hours. VIN 5YJ3F7EC5LF520XXX. Will try and sift through all the useful information Veda has provided in order to locate the ship, model year and ETA :)
Very exciting for all you with VINless people patiently waiting for Performance with White Interiors!

Reactions: DavidRL
When did you order?

Pre-ordered 1/04/2016.
Switched to white interior 1 hour after it become available on the website. Not sure the exact date, as my 'order agreement' has updated twice since (not sure why?).
I know it was ~1 hour after the white interiors went live because I randomly checked my Tesla account and it was showing a Model S instead of a Model 3, prompting me to call Tesla and clarify the error. On the phone they got me to confirm my order and as I tried to do that I saw the white interior was available, the Tesla rep said 'yeah we just hit go on that about an hour ago, you'd be the first or one of the first people to switch to the white interior'.

Ordered a Deep Blue LR last week on 4/11/2019.
Hidden vin already showing with 5189xx which matches Seoul express. No contact from Tesla or official vin. Website is still saying "Est delivery December" for LRs. Does this mean there is a reasonable chance that might actually happen?

Ordered a Deep Blue LR last week on 4/11/2019.
Hidden vin already showing with 5189xx which matches Seoul express. No contact from Tesla or official vin. Website is still saying "Est delivery December" for LRs. Does this mean there is a reasonable chance that might actually happen?
According to @Vedaprime on Twitter there was an excess of AWD's so. Probably.

Reactions: Vedaprime