Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I am ready for the holiday mode. Not gonna care much about the delivery. If the car is delivered in the next one or two weeks, then it's a bonus. If it's the last week of Oct, then gonna need to talk to them how much longer I had to wait if postponed till after the holiday. I have the feeling that the car will not wait. and the wait timer may be reset. So one of you guys who are waiting for the same spec as mine (at least three on this forums) might get bumped up. (edit: only if the queue is honoured, of course).

So, I am ready for the holiday mode. Not gonna care much about the delivery. If the car is delivered in the next one or two weeks, then it's a bonus. If it's the last week of Oct, then gonna need to talk to them how much longer I had to wait if postponed till after the holiday. I have the feeling that the car will not wait. and the wait timer may be reset. So one of you guys who are waiting for the same spec as mine (at least three on this forums) might get bumped up. (edit: only if the queue is honoured, of course).
At this point I would be insisting that they hold the vehicle until you are ready for it. You ordered in good faith that it would be delivered in August, and it is now October or November. If they try to say that you will get pushed back in the queue then jump up and down and wave your arms around until they see reason.

Edit: Speeling eros

• Funny
Reactions: CpuID and TASKA9
Honestly, its really confusing how their VIN algorithm works.
The only priority I've really seen with algorithm is reservations get it first although some people who reserved in the first 5 seconds still haven't got their car while some people who ordered a week or so ago have got their VIN.
My LR AWD had a VIN number that Tesla Delivery confirmed even though I changed to the P+

Reactions: Jenny99999
For those getting finance for their car, how is the order process supposed to work

WoodWombat is right (as above), I've had finance approved for a few weeks now, still waiting. holdup is on the Tesla end now, assigning stock and scheduling deliveries. the main thing is ensure one of the delivery teams (or an owner advisor) knows your finance is approved, and ask if they can send an invoice request through to macquarie. that leaves the ball in Tesla's court. note they will only issue the invoice once they have a VIN to put on it, so the bank can register their interest in the vehicle for security etc.

re the delivery team, I assume [email protected] for you but don't quote me on it.

At this point I would be insisting that they hold the vehicle until you are ready for it. You ordered in good faith that it would be delivered in August, and it is now October or November. If they try to say that you will get pushed back in the queue then jump up and down and wave your arms around until they see reason.

Edit: Speeling eros
Let's see when that happened.

This can be lesson for me that I should have listened to my CFO more. Last year, she said we shouldn't go for the holiday as we expection this bloody car. I didn't listen. After we booked the tickets in Feb this year, she said we shouldn't order the bloody car till after the holiday. I didn't listen. So, it seems she now earn dual titles of CFO and prophet.

Honestly, its really confusing how their VIN algorithm works.
The only priority I've really seen with algorithm is reservations get it first although some people who reserved in the first 5 seconds still haven't got their car while some people who ordered a week or so ago have got their VIN.
My LR AWD had a VIN number that Tesla Delivery confirmed even though I changed to the P+
∞ + 1 = ∞

Reactions: Jenny99999
I'm now not expecting anything before the end of this month. If something does come, it's a bonus, but I'm not going to sweat it any more, it's not good for my health. If November comes around and I still have no car, then I will start getting heavy with Tesla as they will have 1. not honoured the delivery time frame on the order page, 2. not honoured what the sales guy told me.

upload_2019-10-11_13-31-40.png

I received the same cookie cutter response to my enquiry.

I feel that at this point it's unacceptable that they don't know when our cars will be delivered, if they don't know it's their job/responsibility to find out.
Not sure the staff at the Australian stores are told anything at all - so if you need to direct some flack -- maybe up the chain a bit adn overseas might be better.. I chatted to the local staff at Martin Place , and they told me they know pretty much when we know. So I tend to believe them locally, and think they actually have it a bit tough , because front line staff always cop the rough end of the stick if there are issues not relayed from higher up. Bet have to handle a lot of it too. I think its the responsibility of management above them to equip the front line staff with the correct tools to handle the job. imho ..

Jeez, this is just terrible communication from Tesla. Terrible. The emails that I've seen also confirm my suspicions that the VIN allocation is probably done centrally in California as part of the whole assembly line process and the delivery teams just get told "here, give this one to customer X" as some random point when a human finally presses a button to confirm.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I’m still trying to work out if the Debussy vins have been assigned. I haven’t seen many new vin announcements on the FB page or on here since the end of quarter dash finished, so I’m hoping that means all available stock has been delivered and the Debussy cars are the next deliveries. I’ve seen some people with deliveries scheduled for mid October but not many. Hopefully that means we will start hearing people finding new vins this week. Of course those people should be all of us :)
Vin check #4 completed. No change. Dammit.
Just to confirm not all stock has been delivered. I received my invoice on 20 Sep for 30 Sep delivery. After I had paid it was informed delivery put back to 21 October due to logistics issues. Midnight Silver SR+. Ordered 14 August so original delivery expectation was October so it isn’t late. I will jump up and down if delivery gets pushed back again as they will have had the money for a month by then.

Jeez, this is just terrible communication from Tesla. Terrible. The emails that I've seen also confirm my suspicions that the VIN allocation is probably done centrally in California as part of the whole assembly line process and the delivery teams just get told "here, give this one to customer X" as some random point when a human finally presses a button to confirm.
Its been confirmed by Tesla that VIN allocation is just an algorithm.
Humans need not apply.
All the staff do is when the algorithm clicks is that staff just have to deliver that car to the customer.