Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious: VEDAPrime's VINTracker/Ship spreadsheet shows VIN Series '5875xx on either Synergy Keelung (currently docked Auckland, then Sydney) or on ANL Tongala (somewhere in the Pacific ocean en route to Auckland then Sydney):
But AUS/NZ Tesla VIN spreadsheet for owners shows my VIN 5875xx being on Seoul Express arriving 13th Dec.

Either way - my email from Tesla yesterday says "early January" so I shall continue to wait (breathlessly). After all, even if it does land in Sydney, it still has to cross the Nullabor before it gets to me!

A Happy News Year present?
(and if anyone in Perth is interested in a spin in a 3P+ some time - PM me!)

Shout out to @vedaprime for his exceptional tools. My latest correspondence with Tesla had me with no VIN.

"I can’t confirm a VIN at this stage but I can see that a vehicle has been allocated to your order and is currently in transit from the US."

However installing the VIN Finder hit the jackpot. I have a VIN and the ship has just arrived in Auckland.

Reactions: TASKA9
It is more likely it came here back in August with that vin range. It could have had a fault. Parts just arrived recently, and now it is ready to go and you have it assigned to you now. Your invoice - build date when it comes will be the proof if this hunch is true.
I still don't have the invoice but emails and phone calls confirm this is the case.

My car is in the State, somewhere, waiting to get to the delivery centre. It arrived in August, was scheduled for September delivery but obviously missed that delivery window. So either Tesla held it back on purpose (for the next delivery schedule in Nov-Dec) or it was needing parts that have taken 3 months to arrive.

Tesla, good at taking the order and building a car. Terrible at actually delivering it!

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: MonicaPlease
Curious: VEDAPrime's VINTracker/Ship spreadsheet shows VIN Series '5875xx on either Synergy Keelung (currently docked Auckland, then Sydney) or on ANL Tongala (somewhere in the Pacific ocean en route to Auckland then Sydney):
But AUS/NZ Tesla VIN spreadsheet for owners shows my VIN 5875xx being on Seoul Express arriving 13th Dec.

Either way - my email from Tesla yesterday says "early January" so I shall continue to wait (breathlessly). After all, even if it does land in Sydney, it still has to cross the Nullabor before it gets to me!

A Happy News Year present?
(and if anyone in Perth is interested in a spin in a 3P+ some time - PM me!)
I can tell which ship. PM your vin

So the disappointment of last nights phone call that my friday delivery had been postponed for 2 weeks because of parts, turned into Your car is ready today. And BOOM! Melbourne pickup tonight . What a rollercoaster. Are they just playing with our mind s now? BTW the customer service today was amazing. Traded in a CLA200 and have never experienced a smoother trade in experience. They are improving all the time. Hats off to the team.