Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just think of all those nasty things you said about Tesla...
Hope they don't read this forum...
Not until after Monday...
Considering the communication Tesla gave to some people about their cars, if any..
I'm not surprised.

Based on my list was.
  • Emails never being answered
  • Phones being on hold forever
  • Some people who reserved still haven't got their car even though people who didn't reserve already have the car
  • Insane queue management for VINs
Although Tesla is fixing most of these problems and has definitely improved in the past few months, especially compared to the last deliveries.
People are getting emails (including myself) answered within hours, VINs are actually making sense and people who reserved are now finally getting their cars. I haven't tried calling up Tesla after and I haven't heard anything on that so I can't comment on it.

I still think Tesla is the worst company with regards to customer service. I have even told them in person, to their faces. I think the employees in general understand what an awful situation this is and the predicament it puts them in.

Anytime I take someone on a test drive, I always give them full disclosure on how awful Tesla is as a company.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
OTOH I am not really sure it would save a great deal of time on the East coast. 3 days more on the boat vs being put on on of the multitude of daily trucks shuffling cars between SYD/BNE/MEL/ADL. Perhaps @Vedaprime can tell us if the containers are all consigned to Sydney. If the container your car is in does somehow manage to stay with the shipping company it will get the Freo on 6/12 via feeder service.

Here is the shipping schedule for the next couple of months.

image.png

its all centralised at Autonexus Sydney. They have buil ev infrastructure to deal with processing at scale.

I was having a coffee today and may have been inspecting my Tesla account page for the 1000th time...

but this time I had a look at the source code and noticed that each of the payments I have made for the impending delivery show up in there. I am also seeing notes about car registration status.
Just wondering if others see this level of detail?

handy to keep track of when payments have cleared.

That is very good, so ANL Tongala in Sydney on the 29th to first deliveries on the 9th is not completely impossible :) maybe just slightly heroic.

i expect it to go a little longer for Tongala. Keelung this Friday is more than double the number of cars (than ANL W - Oct 3-5 builds) to process - so logistics can go into a backlog next week. But it is good this first ship is being cleared early.

i expect it to go a little longer for Tongala. Keelung this Friday is more than double the number of cars (than ANL W - Oct 3-5 builds) to process - so logistics can go into a backlog next week. But it is good this first ship is being cleared early.
Is your understanding that inspections and fixes etc will have been centralised to the NSW site and “simple” distribution is actioned by the Autonexus centres in each capital city? Or is there a second round of checks conducted just prior to delivery?

There were no September builds
Interesting why that would be the case..considering all us wailing folks on this forum let alone those who have not found their way here yet...andn those who have been here for a long time..U'd think Tesla would want to keep things moving.

Would there have been a change in tooling or manufacturing process between last manufactured shipments and this current wave?

Is your understanding that inspections and fixes etc will have been centralised to the NSW site and “simple” distribution is actioned by the Autonexus centres in each capital city? Or is there a second round of checks conducted just prior to delivery?

It is different depending where the car is going to. But typically, Autonexus does a whole bunch of stuff then, cars go to transporter company. The cars then may be with the transporter company or go to Autonexus or a delivery centre. Once at a place prior to delivery, the car will get a final detail, plates on, and any final fixes, checks

Interesting why that would be the case..considering all us wailing folks on this forum let alone those who have not found their way here yet...andn those who have been here for a long time..U'd think Tesla would want to keep things moving.

Would there have been a change in tooling or manufacturing process between last manufactured shipments and this current wave?

It’s a financial reason. Cars in transport ends up on the Balance Sheet, rather than Revenue, so production changes to North America in month 3 of quarter since deliveries are possible closer to Fremont.

All September builds would have been USA based deliveries so that the cars were not “in transit” over the Tesla quarter end. Tesla was trying to get 100k cars DELIVERED in the Sept quarter. Expect no Australian builds in December for the same reason.

Reactions: Vedaprime
All September builds would have been USA based deliveries so that the cars were not “in transit” over the Tesla quarter end. Tesla was trying to get 100k cars DELIVERED in the Sept quarter. Expect no Australian builds in December for the same reason.

Cheers .. makes sense for Tesla ..bit of Trumpism there - bet Donald likes that i.e. America First, rest of the world will just have to wail :)

I received my vin 5YJ3F7EA6KF4881XX a week ago with a Oct 4 build date for delivery to Brisbane. Received my tax invoice, but I haven't been given a firm delivery date other that mid Dec. I'm starting to suspect delivery maybe earlier judging by the discussions here as I think it landed in Sydney on the 9th Nov. I'm delighted it is close but I'm trying to get my ducks in a row with finance and insurance etc. Anybody been caught by surprise with earlier than expected delivery, if so are Tesla happy to wait until all is sorted?

Reactions: Hungry Mile
I received my vin 5YJ3F7EA6KF4881XX a week ago with a Oct 4 build date for delivery to Brisbane. Received my tax invoice, but I haven't been given a firm delivery date other that mid Dec. I'm starting to suspect delivery maybe earlier judging by the discussions here as I think it landed in Sydney on the 9th Nov. I'm delighted it is close but I'm trying to get my ducks in a row with finance and insurance etc. Anybody been caught by surprise with earlier than expected delivery, if so are Tesla happy to wait until all is sorted?

I have a 4881XX, same build date. Delivery next Monday. I suggest you get those ducks lined up :)