Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, 4.5 months since ordered P3D+. I would not have believed it if you had told me, then, that I would go this period of time without a Tesla human contacting me, with a courtesy update on a 100K+ Car purchase. If it weren’t for this forum, I wouldn’t know that I had a hidden VIN over two weeks ago, and the ship that it is on. Thank you. No offence, but when I finally receive the mythical phone call, it will take a Jedi mind trick by customer service, to instantly make me feel that it was worth the wait......
Having followed Tesla from inception and saving up for this long, the wait between order and delivery is nothing to me. I take such joy in knowing the car I am about to get is in such high demand and I am a part of changing this world for the better, against all the odds. If the Tesla cause and product wasn’t so good, your right, I would be horribly disappointed. My kids think I’m a super hero for being this passionate about their future, that’s more than enough for me.

Well, 4.5 months since ordered P3D+. I would not have believed it if you had told me, then, that I would go this period of time without a Tesla human contacting me, with a courtesy update on a 100K+ Car purchase. If it weren’t for this forum, I wouldn’t know that I had a hidden VIN over two weeks ago, and the ship that it is on. Thank you. No offence, but when I finally receive the mythical phone call, it will take a Jedi mind trick by customer service, to instantly make me feel that it was worth the wait......
I feel your frustration on the months of waiting with radio silence.

For some reason Tesla have this "say nothing until it's 100% certain" approach. Which is the exact opposite of what customers want. Problem with the car? Delays? Tell me, explain the details and I'll probably be cool with it.

I have to give credit to the Tesla phone team this week, they've respectfully listened to my frustrated rants and done their best to keep me patient a bit longer.

A number of things all happened within today:

1. I can no longer Edit Design since morning.
2. Got a call from Tesla letting me know the delivery date will be between 3rd and 4th week of December
3. Sent me the document for rego application cc'd finance company.
4. Still not yet received the VIN (hidden/non-hidden)

This is becoming real. I hope that will get the car before chirstmas.

Blue SR+ ordered 29th Oct

I received my invoice, paid, and no delivery date...

I don’t mind paying early but to have Tesla guy tell me that I need to pay then I would get a delivery date is a lie and deceiving. I was told early December. Im now told I will only get a date after the car arrives in the delivery centre which they have no idea when.

I feel your frustration on the months of waiting with radio silence. For some reason Tesla have this "say nothing until it's 100% certain" approach. Which is the exact opposite of what customers want. Problem with the car? Delays? Tell me, explain the details and I'll probably be cool with it. I have to give credit to the Tesla phone team this week, they've respectfully listened to my frustrated rants and done their best to keep me patient a bit longer.
I kind of get how “not knowing” makes people want to know, but knowing or not knowing doesn’t change your delivery date.

@Vostok,
I have the same vin range and build date as yours. Did you get a delivery date yet ?
No. The ship (ANL Tongala) hasn’t even docked in Sydney yet (forecast to be next Friday) so there are too many uncertainties that could derail a date. The email said to not pay the invoice until they call to arrange a delivery time. So I expect a call maybe late in the first week of December or more likely 9-13 Dec.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Just got my invoice :)

VIN unchanged 5YJ3F7EBXLF4884xx. Build Date 22/10/2019. Odometer is 7km, allegedly.

One step closer... :D
No. The ship (ANL Tongala) hasn’t even docked in Sydney yet (forecast to be next Friday) so there are too many uncertainties that could derail a date. The email said to not pay the invoice until they call to arrange a delivery time. So I expect a call maybe late in the first week of December or more likely 9-13 Dec.

Don't rush them... it best to let them do the proper detail and for them to correct any issues before delivery.
They had my car for 6 weeks before delivery and it was in perfect condition when I received it. Very happy all round.
If you have a choice, don't get the car during the end of quarter rush.

Reactions: HappyPEJ
By all accounts my vehicle is on Synergy Keelung, invoice was received on the 12/11. I'll be OS for the next couple of weeks so decided to pay my invoice early.

I've read many instances where customers have been offered earlier pickup due to the car becoming available and payment already been sorted.

Don't rush them... it best to let them do the proper detail and for them to correct any issues before delivery. They had my car for 6 weeks before delivery and it was in perfect condition when I received it. Very happy all round. If you have a choice, don't get the car during the end of quarter rush.
I’m not rushing them because I don’t contact Tesla unless Tesla contacts me.

As to the end of quarter rush, I have no choice in that, my car is on a boat arriving next week and Tesla indicated a delivery window of 9-20 Dec.

You never think of how absolutely enormous the Pacific Ocean actually is until you have to wait for something to cross it.

In other news.
Synergy Keelung almost here.
Annotation 2019-11-22 182019.png

And ANL Tongala is bloody miles away.
Annotation 2019-11-22 182050.png

To think that my car could have been on the ANL Tongala.
It makes me sad.

Oh well, good things come for those who wait.

Hi guys, Tesla contacted me

Definitely excited!

I haven't got an invoice, or a phone call/email from Tesla. Given this, should I temper my excitement since delivery may not be soon?
You never think of how absolutely enormous the Pacific Ocean actually is until you have to wait for something to cross it.

In other news.
Synergy Keelung almost here.
View attachment 479915

And ANL Tongala is bloody miles away.
View attachment 479916

To think that my car could have been on the ANL Tongala.
It makes me sad.

Oh well, good things come for those who wait.

I am watching the Tongala very closely as I believe my order is on it. So hoping it arrives with enough time for processing and transporting to BNE before Xmas!

Hi guys, Tesla contacted me

Definitely excited!

I haven't got an invoice, or a phone call/email from Tesla. Given this, should I temper my excitement since delivery may not be soon?

That's such a hard call. (Saw your post in the other thread too). My goal:... Stay excited but have low expectations. It will arrive when it arrives and, I gotta say, having these threads to watch and contribute to has made the waiting both more bearable and more excruciating at the same time. Shared excitement and shared frustration all in the one package.

I was talking with my kids today and told them that the excitement and anticipation makes time crawl and it seems like an eternity waiting. But the weeks after the car arrives will fly by and soon enough the long wait and anxiousness will fade into memory but the fun of actually being a Tesla owner will continue on. So, I'm trying to be patient, enjoy the anticipation and celebrate with our sisters and brothers when their days arrive.

I think I convinced my kids. (Still working on myself. ;))

I think I convinced my kids. (Still working on myself. ;))

Who am I kidding? I didn't convince the kids. Am I the only one who's family is entirely sick of them banging on about Tesla's, VINs, shipping, Logistics times and all the rest? In some ways, and for entirely different reasons, I think they are just as keen for my Model 3 to arrive.

Please tell me it's not just me.

Reactions: DavidRL