Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ETA for the ANL Tongala according to MarineTracker is
2019-11-30 17:05

Considering that its around December which is when people and companies start to take breaks every second counts. Not Tesla since its already been confirmed they are only taking Boxing Day and Christmas Day off but the third party companies might have another idea.

Hoping that I can get it by the end of Dec

Considering that its around December which is when people and companies start to take breaks every second counts. Not Tesla since its already been confirmed they are only taking Boxing Day and Christmas Day off but the third party companies might have another idea.

For sure. Same spec here and while delivery said to expect January (have been anyway), there does seem to be time and incentive to get this done before end Dec.

Heres Debussy's current location.
Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 7.13.36 pm.png

ETA:
2019-12-02 23:06

Reactions: Furfy and stand2432

Before Christmas is generally not a problem with the support services... they won’t be slacking off. It’s after Christmas that’s the problem.

Talking completely through my hat, I reckon there’s no risk to Sydney deliveries prior to Christmas from this ship (assuming no issues with each car) and not much risk to Brisbane and Melbourne deliveries. Rest of the country though...

Went to see if my VIN was parked beneath the Brisbane store this afternoon. Car was there so had a walk around. I saw the word ‘repair’ written on a piece of tape. This was 30 minutes after responding to a text from Tesla confirming my delivery appointment for 3 pm this Friday.

After a couple of minutes a Tesla employee came over and asked if the car was mine. He then told me that it needed to go to the body shop for repair on the front bumper. Apparently as they were driving it off the car transporter they scraped the front bumper. So they definitely don’t wait until the car is in a deliverable condition before they schedule your delivery appointment.

I reckon there’s no risk to Sydney deliveries prior to Christmas from this ship (assuming no issues with each car) and not much risk to Brisbane and Melbourne deliveries. Rest of the country though...

OK, now you've got me thinking.... Maybe I could buy a one way plane ticket to Sydney, collect the car and then drive it back to Melbourne....

Nope, that's taking it too far... But then again....

Reactions: straw_man
i understand they are shut xmas and boxing day. Open all other days. Its the 3rd parties to worry about - car carriers and detailers.

last quarter deliveries peaked at 100 per day a few days before end of year in the major cities. It wont be that this quarter, but still quite a lot.

hey vedaprime, you are doing great work. Any idea how many Tesla’s have been shipped to Aus/NZ?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Received my invoice today! Confirmed everything Veda predicted. My vin is
5YJ3F7EC5LF5875xx. Build date and compliance date is 21/10/19. It’s a P3+, white/white FSD. Hoping for December delivery to be confirmed soon.

It’s been so long my financing expired but both Tesla and Macquarie have been all over getting all the details sorted. Completed rego and off to drop off my custom plates tomorrow at Richmond.

I have been emailing the Brisbane delivery team today as part of invoicing and providing another signed form and in their reply they restated they are aiming for a mid December delivery for my P3D which I believe is also on the Tongala... Not sure if they are underestimating times or know something I don't.

OK, now you've got me thinking.... Maybe I could buy a one way plane ticket to Sydney, collect the car and then drive it back to Melbourne.... Nope, that's taking it too far... But then again....
Sorry to spoil your creative thinking, but your car wouldn’t have rego plates on it, so you would not be able to drive it, unless Tesla shipped your Vic plates up to Sydney for delivery (which might be highly optimistic).

Reactions: Vedaprime
hey vedaprime, you are doing great work. Any idea how many Tesla’s have been shipped to Aus/NZ?

I’m not doing predictions this quarter. It is a lot less than last quarter now reservation holders almost all done and into a steady state. I do not believe many of the predictions made. I should have some facts sometime in January for 2019 Tesla Registrations.

Reactions: baillies
Sorry to spoil your creative thinking, but your car wouldn’t have rego plates on it, so you would not be able to drive it, unless Tesla shipped your Vic plates up to Sydney for delivery (which might be highly optimistic).

Yep, quite a few hurdles would have to have to be cleared... but it was an interesting thought experiment. I still think it might be possible but reality and work commitments leading up to Christmas make it a non-starter for me.

I finally have a delivery date! 10th Dec in Melb. Still no invoice yet, but lots of communication from Pepper so that's promising.
You have a delivery date but no invoice? I think if they've booked your delivery in you definitely have been issued an invoice behind the scenes, they just haven't sent it.

I've had invoice, paid deposit balance, signed finance contract and still no delivery date booked.

You have a delivery date but no invoice? I think if they've booked your delivery in you definitely have been issued an invoice behind the scenes, they just haven't sent it. I've had invoice, paid deposit balance, signed finance contract and still no delivery date booked.
The email Tesla sent me with my invoice attached specifically said to not pay the invoice until they call me to arrange a delivery date and time.

So why are people paying invoices before a delivery date is set?