Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone just pointed out the obvious on Facebook that may hurt some people's feelings here (who have been waiting a while).

Plenty of ?new/used 3P+ available right now for purchase, collect ASAP. Including white interiors.

https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/inventory/new/m3?arrangeby=plh&zip=&range=0

These are Australian stocked ones. Ready to go. Get em' while they last. I think we are now approaching supply/demand parity.

Even tells you where they are located ie: APAC-AU-VIC-Altona-AutoNexus

When you click purchase you see the actual VIN numbers... https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/model3/order/5YJ3F7EC8LF587495

All the VIN on the cars in Inventory appear to be on Debussy. So not sure how that tracks with them being located at Altona Nexus.

Misinformation to keep us entertained while we wait for our cars to arrive? :D

Maybe just buy that one and cancel your other order if this one comes through faster?

Update

It turns out the Australian inventory cars currently for sale on the Tesla website are not in Australia yet. The indicated vehicle location is actually just that vehicles destination. According to Tesla sales, these cars are recently cancelled orders, already in transit. If the Inventory cars are on the Debussy arriving this weekend, they will arrive before mine. I inquired as to whether one of the matching inventory cars could get me an earlier delivery date, and

giphy.gif

Look up your VIN in VedaPrime’s spreadsheet and it will tell you which boat it was on:

AUNZVInTracking

And if it’s ambiguous (your VIN is in a range that could be on one of two boats) you can PM VedaPrime your full VIN and he can tell you which boat it was.

There we are; Vedaprime now lists my car on Synergy Keelung, contrary to previous advice.
That means it's been in Sydney since 23/11. Allowing 3 weeks for processing, that takes us to Friday 13th, the exact delivery date I was offered.
Clearly 2 weeks Sydney processing is too difficult for Tesla, but anyway, as long as we get pristine new cars, that will make it good!
Hope you hear soon as well.

Reactions: HappyPEJ
I asked Sydney Delivery about the “frunk mat” question for model year 2020 cars, since reportedly they don’t come with one. They said they don’t know if those will or will not be included - they will know when my car turns up :)

So that means that ANL Tongala Model 3s have not yet arrived at the Sydney PDI (pre-delivery inspection centre). They might still be sitting on the wharf at Botany :eek:

They did confirm however that LR AWDs will be coming with floor mats.