Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked Sydney Delivery about the “frunk mat” question for model year 2020 cars, since reportedly they don’t come with one. They said they don’t know if those will or will not be included - they will know when my car turns up :)

So that means that ANL Tongala Model 3s have not yet arrived at the Sydney PDI (pre-delivery inspection centre). They might still be sitting on the wharf at Botany :eek:

They did confirm however that LR AWDs will be coming with floor mats.

Almost certain the Tongala cars are at Autonexus at this point being processed (is this what you mean by PDI?). They should start showing up late next week in Sydney delivery centres for final inspection before deliveries the week of the 16th.

My car is on Tongala and if Veda is right (is he ever wrong!) Tesla should start getting word about the Tongala cars condition early next week (Dec 9th) from Autonexus and if the specific car is confirmed ok, we should start getting delivery dates for the week of the 16th. Then just hope when they get to the delivery centres that the final inspection does not pick up anything major that Autonexus missed that could force the date to push back.

Last edited:
Almost certain the Tongala cars are at Autonexus at this point being processed (is this what you mean by PDI?). They should start showing up late next week in Sydney delivery centres for final inspection before deliveries the week of the 16th.

My car is on Tongala and if Veda is right (is he ever wrong!) Tesla should start getting word about the Tongala cars condition early next week (Dec 9th) from Autonexus and if the specific car is confirmed ok, we should start getting delivery dates for the week of the 16th. Then just hope when they get to the delivery centres that the final inspection does not pick up anything major that Autonexus missed that could force the date to push back.

My car was on Synergy Keelung, and still no delivery date - Tesla confirmed yesterday that my car was sitting in Sydney waiting on transport to Brisbane. Once road transport is confirmed they'd then reach out and set a delivery date.

You may need to add another week to above.

My car was on Synergy Keelung, and still no delivery date - Tesla confirmed yesterday that my car was sitting in Sydney waiting on transport to Brisbane. Once road transport is confirmed they'd then reach out and set a delivery date.

You may need to add another week to above.

True that Brisbane and Melbourne get a couple days added. Also, not all cars are processed at once, so a bit of it is luck of the draw on where your car happens to be on the ship and Autonexus queue.

But also we now know BirdOfPrey has a Tongala delivery for Dec. 13! Must be Sydney of course, but that puts Melbourne and Brisbane in good shape for the week of the 16th. But could stretch to the week of Christmas if a bit unlucky. Or if really unlucky car could be damaged and... well just bad luck then.

Hopefully they get your car on the road and you should have it next week.

Last edited:
pm the vin, I can confirm
I've got "the call", invoice and delivery date set to next Friday - for LR AWD that arrived on ANL Tongala (5190XX range).
The Tesla guy mentioned that the car will arrive at the service centre day before the delivery.
YAY!
There was at least one 5190XX car on Keelung - I am picking it up on Monday and don't think I will be able to sleep until then.

True that Brisbane and Melbourne get a couple days added. Also, not all cars are processed at once, so a bit of it is luck of the draw on where your car happens to be on the ship and Autonexus queue.

But also we now know BirdOfPrey has a Tongala delivery for Dec. 13! Must be Sydney of course, but that puts Melbourne and Brisbane in good shape for the week of the 16th. But could stretch to the week of Christmas if a bit unlucky. Or if really unlucky car could be damaged and... well just bad luck then.

Hopefully they get your car on the road and you should have it next week.

Umm, I got offered 13th of December at 6:30pm....I decided to wait until Saturday at 12:30pm.

I’m Melbourne based....my car was on the ship that came in on the 23rd of November.