Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad is picking up my car in Brisbane tomorrow and I asked on Monday if I could get the plate numbers to pre-register with the apartment complex where I'm moving to on Saturday. I was told that they couldn't provide the registration details until the day of delivery.
You can. The plates mostly registered afternoon before. Search for vin on qld rego site you might get lucky

I am not sure when the rego and VIN will show up in VicRoads, I suspect that paperwork will not be submitted until the vehicle is picked up.

I do know one other thing. Systems like Motorweb that do rego and VIN lookup to get details on your car will not work with any Tesla. This is because Tesla is not a member of the FCAI (Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries) so does not submit vehicle information to them. This is also why sales figures are hard to find. This means that trying to use the rego of any Tesla to do lookups by rego for insurance purposes may not always be very successful.
Talking about the rego, yesterday they email asking me to drop off my plates. I was like whaaahhh. Told the it's on the trade-in. And I assumed the transfer would be done on the day. They emailed thanking me to let them know and confirmed it would be done on the day.

One of the few things that could have gone wrong since the call last week.

My dad is picking up my car in Brisbane tomorrow and I asked on Monday if I could get the plate numbers to pre-register with the apartment complex where I'm moving to on Saturday. I was told that they couldn't provide the registration details until the day of delivery.
Which makes me wonder... how does one organise insurance for the vehicle without a rego plate yet? Insurance has to be finalised on the day of delivery?

This looks interesting.... not shipping to Oz yet though :(

Roadie for Tesla
one put the raspberry pi together and plug it into a model 3, USB slot. And once the car is in the known wifi network, the pi syncs music and upload the dashcam videos.

Another has plugged a computer to a Tesla USB. They used it to recognise number plates And work out if you're followed. Doesn't seem to be useful to me but gave me more idea on what we can do with the dashcam footage.

I just got the call!
Delivery is on Dec. 17, 2019 at 12PM in Brisbane.
Mine was also on the Tongala.

Awesome - congrats! I had not been too anxious over the past 200 days since I ordered on May 31, but now that all the Tongala delivery dates (mine is on Tongala too) are coming in fast and furious I can't stop thinking about when / if they will call!

Ring phone ring! Ring phone ring!

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok
Yay! Got the call earlier today, just 32,000 hours since making my reservation in 2016.

Delivery scheduled for 20th Dec. Was offered 18th Dec, but would you believe I have work meetings I can't change that day.

Will receive my car just 1,351 days after reservation, 110 days post Order and just short of the 2million minute mark.

I haven't been this excited before (except perhaps the delivery of my kids).

Merry Christmas to all and almost my time to farewell the wailing wall.

Yay! Got the call earlier today, just 32,000 hours since making my reservation in 2016.

Delivery scheduled for 20th Dec. Was offered 18th Dec, but would you believe I have work meetings I can't change that day.

Will receive my car just 1,351 days after reservation, 110 days post Order and just short of the 2million minute mark.

I haven't been this excited before (except perhaps the delivery of my kids).

Merry Christmas to all and almost my time to farewell the wailing wall.

If they don't call me soon my kids will have been delivered quicker!