Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for delivery in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who are taking delivery soon and still haven't received docs... have you already received insurance slips? Our insurance agent said she can't generate the policy until we have the docs available.

That's the same response I received, however after a bit of negotiating she finalised the insurance paperwork for me but I had to promise her I would provide the Bill of Sale before i took delivery.

• Love
Reactions: ZooSean
For those of you who are taking delivery soon and still haven't received docs... have you already received insurance slips? Our insurance agent said she can't generate the policy until we have the docs available.
Uh.. I received my temporary proof of insurance card for the insurance I just purchased today! Sounds like you got a bad insurer.

To those who have taken delivery or are about to take delivery: when did you get the final transaction details in your account? I’m expecting delivery this coming Friday June 1st and still do not have the final amount due (including taxes and fees).
It all depends of what did you order.I just got my final numbers. My only upgrade was the red colour. so there it goes 75,711.35 -4200 deposit=71511.35. Thats what I have to hand over at the delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir
See attached Vehicle Configuration for itemization. This Vehicle is not
sold with a Service Plan. Service Plan available separately.) $ 66,700.00 (A)
B. Value of Tesla Trade-In Vehicle (See Trade-in Annex) $ 0.00 (B)
C. Other:
$ (C)
D. Other:
$ (D)
Total Vehicle Price (A through D) $ 66,700.00 (1)
2. Taxes and Other Amounts
A. Federal Air Conditioner Tax $ 100.00 (A)
B. Duty on New Tires (ON Tire Stewardship) $ 14.20 (B)
C. Other: OMVIC
$ 10.00 (C)
D. GST/QST or similar applicable taxes $ 8,687.15 (D)
E. Other: PPSA Fee
OMVIC
$ 0.00 (E)
F. License Fee $ 200.00 (F)
G. Lien Balance on Trade-in $ 0.00 (G)
Total Fees (A through G) $ 9,011.35 (2)
3. Subtotal (1 through 2) $ 75,711.35 (3)
4. Total Credits
A. Deposit Applied Toward Purchase $ 4,200.00 (A)
B. Other:
$ 0.00 (B)
C. Order Modification Fee Credit $ 0.00 (C)
Total Credits (A through C) $ 4,200.00 (4)
5. Amount Due from Buyer (3 through 4) $ 71,511.35 (5

Why would your insurance company need your bill of sale? That just seems bizarre.
Not bizarre at all. Same demand from my insurance company. It makes sense that when assuming risk of a product, they need proof that it actually exists specifically (the VIN on the Bill of Sale), together with all the attached risks to be attached to the product such as depreciation waiver, etc., and the total dollar amount of the product insured and at jeopardy as represented by the transaction between the buyer and seller of the product (hence the Bill of Sale). Once the formal paperwork is out of the way, there should be no confusion in event of any future claim.

Not bizarre at all. Same demand from my insurance company. It makes sense that when assuming risk of a product, they need proof that it actually exists specifically (the VIN on the Bill of Sale), together with all the attached risks to be attached to the product such as depreciation waiver, etc., and the total dollar amount of the product insured and at jeopardy as represented by the transaction between the buyer and seller of the product (hence the Bill of Sale). Once the formal paperwork is out of the way, there should be no confusion in event of any future claim.

Odd though when many (myself included), didn't have this issue when getting insurance.

I've never once heard of this or had to deal with it. If they need proof after the fact to backup a claim that's understandable. But to not insure a car without providing a BoS is still bizarre in my opinion.

Most companies just ask you for the figures when setting up the policy on the vehicle. This makes the most sense because in Ontario at least...you can't complete the sale without proof of insurance and you typically don't get a bill of sale until you complete the sale.

See attached Vehicle Configuration for itemization. This Vehicle is not
sold with a Service Plan. Service Plan available separately.) $ 66,700.00 (A)
B. Value of Tesla Trade-In Vehicle (See Trade-in Annex) $ 0.00 (B)
C. Other:
$ (C)
D. Other:
$ (D)
Total Vehicle Price (A through D) $ 66,700.00 (1)
2. Taxes and Other Amounts
A. Federal Air Conditioner Tax $ 100.00 (A)
B. Duty on New Tires (ON Tire Stewardship) $ 14.20 (B)
C. Other: OMVIC
$ 10.00 (C)
D. GST/QST or similar applicable taxes $ 8,687.15 (D)
E. Other: PPSA Fee
OMVIC
$ 0.00 (E)
F. License Fee $ 200.00 (F)
G. Lien Balance on Trade-in $ 0.00 (G)
Total Fees (A through G) $ 9,011.35 (2)
3. Subtotal (1 through 2) $ 75,711.35 (3)
4. Total Credits
A. Deposit Applied Toward Purchase $ 4,200.00 (A)
B. Other:
$ 0.00 (B)
C. Order Modification Fee Credit $ 0.00 (C)
Total Credits (A through C) $ 4,200.00 (4)
5. Amount Due from Buyer (3 through 4) $ 71,511.35 (5

Is this your estimated Price Sheet, or the final price? I got the same exact number from the Estimated Price Sheet they emailed me. But they keep stressing that its an estimate...

upload_2018-5-29_11-9-5.png

Taking delivery May 30th.
I emailed my ISA today and she responded in 3 minutes with my purchase agreement containing how much I owe.

That being said, my ISA seems to especially responsive compared some others I have read about.

That's nice to hear. We still haven't received the final amount we owe and we're picking up tomorrow at 2:30 pm. Let me know how much I need to make this cheque out to Tesla for? hahaha

I'm on hold with them on the phone now, my ISA seems to have disappeared :)

They must be going nuts right now...

That's nice to hear. We still haven't received the final amount we owe and we're picking up tomorrow at 2:30 pm. Let me know how much I need to make this cheque out to Tesla for? hahaha

I'm on hold with them on the phone now, my ISA seems to have disappeared :)

They must be going nuts right now...
will be standing behind you in line..2:45..and still no final price here either
will they take a cheque i sign in front of them tomorrow? :)
jb

Awesome!!

Nope, but if you make it out for 71,511.35 you should be fine! Just call the main Tesla hotline and ask them to send it through.
just got the e-mail..never got a phone call BTW..all email which i prefer..no phone tag..
price was as expected..so now to get bank draft and book taxi to airport..friend was busy so cabbing it..
looking forward to the hectic day tomorrow
jb

We called few days after we got the VIN seeing how everyone else was being contacted except us and we found out we didn't have an ISA assigned, so the nice lad on the phone pinged a manger to assign one to us and the next day we got the initial contact email from our ISA and got the ball rolling with June 5th delivery.

So maybe call Tesla (the main number listed in your account) and see what the hold up is.

Im on the phone right now with a csr.... They said that my account didn't show that I had placed an order and that it is still in the reservation stage. I told them that I had ordered it, put a deposit in, and all the required info (drivers licence, trade in, finding etc). She's looking into it now.....

Ok. So she said that they do see my order, but that I haven't been assigned a DS, or a delivery date. She also can't give me an ETA, or whether my model 3 is in Toronto, on its way, or has even been manufactured yet......

I have a suspicion that their system screwed up and didn't even make my model 3 yet, which means it might be another 2 months before I get delivery.....