Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the FSD beta is not available yet you'll basically get the EAP feature set during the 3m trial. The FSD beta really preforms well for highway driving. Much better than the old AP/NoA. City streets are improving but have a way to go.
Has there been confirmation that the clock starts when you buy the car and not when the FSD becomes available?

see signature for current Tesla....
FSD transfer motivated upgrade
MY LR
MSM
Black interior (almost got white, very difficult decision!)
5 seat
tow hitch (for bikes)
OD: 8/17 of inventory build "coming soon"
VIN: assigned today, as I looked at the 3 incoming VINs to Aurora, CO service center
F857xxx as I wanted a Freemont car to get Matrix headlights
Est. Delivery: August 30 - September 19

Last edited:
How did you look at the incoming VINs? I can see all inventory cars available, but can't see their VINs.
I'm fortunate as the Aurora, CO service center is 1 mile from my house. I stopped in and asked a sales associate to pull up the VIN on my preferred build configuration. There were three exact matches. I was able to look at the full VIN and verify "F" for factory. I confirmed since my configuration would exactly match these "in production" status vehicles, I would get both the $500 inventory discount and the $500 loyality discount. I placed the order in the store as we were looking at the "in production" list (corresponds to "arriving soon" on customer-facing website), and her display of 3 available changed to 2. I received a "loyality applied" email from Tesla at the same time I received my order confirmation/RN number.

If you are not able to go to a store, contact your closest store. Once you have their contact (text) number, you can easily have a sales associate check VIN numbers for you on a specific build. I would suggest contacting like this once you're comitted to purchasing a specific build.

Other way of course to guarentee a Fremont build is order a MY Performance!

If you are not able to go to a store, contact your closest store. Once you have their contact (text) number, you can easily have a sales associate check VIN numbers for you on a specific build. I would suggest contacting like this once you're comitted to purchasing a specific build.
No stores in my area. Delivery center is 2 1/2 hours away. No way to contact "store". I got the phone number and extension to sales associate that I visited. Called and asked for him or someone at that location multiple times and always ended up with someone in another State. I called the delivery center using the local number listed on Tesla's map, ended up talking with someone in Colorado who outright lied about the delivery center.

Once I ordered, I responded to texts with questions many times, never got a response at all. In other words, no way to communicate with local people in my region except to drive up to the location. I would probably buy an inventory vehicle (there are many listed for my zip code) if I could talk to someone who would look up the VIN and give me info about the specific vehicle.

Thanks for your response.

see signature for current Tesla....
FSD transfer motivated upgrade
MY LR
MSM
Black interior (almost got white, very difficult decision!)
5 seat
tow hitch (for bikes)
OD: 8/17 of inventory build "coming soon"
VIN: assigned today, as I looked at the 3 incoming VINs to Aurora, CO service center
F857xxx as I wanted a Freemont car to get Matrix headlights
Est. Delivery: August 30 - September 19
Heard from Tesla store rep that after August 9th all MYLR from Austin and Fremont will have HW4 and Matrix headlights. Haven't confirmed from any Austin buyer. I am waiting for my VIN.

Reactions: Pricedm
MYLR
Red
5 Seat - Black
19 " Gemini wheels
No Tow
OD: 7/30
ODD: Aug-Sept
VIN: 8/01 Austin build
EDD1: 8/13-8/22
Pick up date set for 8/21
Trade in 2018 M3LR RWD. Initial trade in estimate $26,300. Final offer $25,600. (Carvana offer $24,650)

Had to text to ask for the FSD transfer. Emailed the form on the 9th and returned it the same day. Once I did they confirmed I was all set and they removed the FSD/$15,000 from the Y order.

Final trade in offer came 8/13. After accepting, the amount due in the app changed to a negative amount equal to the equity in the trade in. I texted them 8/14 and asked to get the equity applied to the new Y. Fairly quickly they took care of it and the app now shows the new loan amounts and amount due is now $0. Should be all set for delivery. Expecting HW4 will have to see if I luck out on matrix headlights.

Just got a text the car has arrived. New pickup date the 19th.

MYLR
MSM
White Interior
19" Wheels
5 Seats
OD: July 28, 2023
ODD: August - September 2023
EDD: August 14 - August 19
VIN: July 29, 2023
FSD Transfer paperwork: July 29

Scheduled pickup for 8/14 was told 8/13 that there’s a delay with no ETA.
Funds sent 8/12, withdrawn 8/15

Dude, where’s my car?

Still no ETA. SA is saying that there have been delays in their transportation all across the board, mainly at railyards. Anyone else on the East Coast experiencing this? Feel like I should be charging Tesla interest on my down payment...

I was just told by a SA that no Fremont or Austin MRLRs have matrix headlights, that they went to all old headlights 1 year ago. I thought Fremont did have matrix headlights on MYLR, but he said it it MYP only. Does anyone have any experience to the contrary, getting the new headlights recently on MYLR?

I was just told by a SA that no Fremont or Austin MRLRs have matrix headlights, that they went to all old headlights 1 year ago. I thought Fremont did have matrix headlights on MYLR, but he said it it MYP only. Does anyone have any experience to the contrary, getting the new headlights recently on MYLR?
just picked up a Y LR from Austin today. No matrix but does have HW4

Reactions: Pricedm