Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP: Aug 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question from a newbie here but will it say matrix headlights in the settings somewhere on your tesla or did the dealer just tell you? I'm assuming it will be noticeable but like i said newbie here so just asking as i'll be picking mine up in a few weeks.
VIN last 2 letters: year (P = 2023) and factory (F = Fremont, A = Austin) followed by six digit serial number
MY Performance only come from Fremont. Consistently matrix headlights
MY LR come from both Austin and Fremont. Fremont implemeted matrix headlights a few months ago; Austin, TBD. See posts above
MY AWD comes from Ausin only. Sturtural battery pack and cast front structure are unique to this build. No matrix.

Look thru posts here, you can find a side-by-side comparsion photo of both headlight styles.

VIN last 2 letters: year (P = 2023) and factory (F = Fremont, A = Austin) followed by six digit serial number
MY Performance only come from Fremont. Consistently matrix headlights
MY LR come from both Austin and Fremont. Fremont implemeted matrix headlights a few months ago; Austin, TBD. See posts above
MY AWD comes from Ausin only. Sturtural battery pack and cast front structure are unique to this build. No matrix.

Look thru posts here, you can find a side-by-side comparsion photo of both headlight styles.
Ah gotcha. Yea i did the first few parts already and I know that mine is coming from the Fremont factory according to my VIN number. I got a MYP. I'll check out the comparison shots of the two. Thx.

Reactions: Pricedm
Ah gotcha. Yea i did the first few parts already and I know that mine is coming from the Fremont factory according to my VIN number. I got a MYP. I'll check out the comparison shots of the two. Thx.
It would be helpful if you'd post your location. The delivery experience is different depending on State and region of the country you're in. Some regions get added equipment than others. Some States Tesla is not allowed to make direct sales and they make up for it with some weird policies/procedures ahead of delivery.

So, if you'd at least put what State you're in, others can learn more from your buying experience.

Good luck with your new MYP. Enjoy.

Just take delivery of MYLR, Fremont build, has both HW4 and matrix headlight.
my new MYLR comes with the factory front mud flapers. The SA said I can also install the real wheel trim PPF for free when PPF is back to stock. Seems a benefit for Michigander with lots of snow ? Lol
The whole build of my MYLR from Fremont is excellent. Nothing to complain.

It would be helpful if you'd post your location. The delivery experience is different depending on State and region of the country you're in. Some regions get added equipment than others. Some States Tesla is not allowed to make direct sales and they make up for it with some weird policies/procedures ahead of delivery.

So, if you'd at least put what State you're in, others can learn more from your buying experience.

Good luck with your new MYP. Enjoy.
Florida

Just take delivery of MYLR, Fremont build, has both HW4 and matrix headlight.
Good for you! I heard Fremont was doing both (even though the SA said the matrix headlights were only on performance models). If the report had come back that the car didn’t have the matrix headlights I was going to take delivery Phoenix or Vegas, both easy to fly into on Southwest.

Can you share this with me? I'm interested.
His reddit handle is menormedia. He can't ask for money, but someone else offered to pay him and he replied that he sent a DM. I tried to DM him but couldn't, so I replied to the comment the guy made about paying with a comment that for me this info would be worth paying for and he DM'd me and sent me his Venmo info. I replied with my VINs (I was looking at 2), and he replied with A LOT of detail specs about each of them, most of which I didn't understand, but both had matrix and HW4. I sent him $25 for each to his Venmo.

Here's the thread where he looks up China and Berlin VINs for free:

Picked up my Y earlier this morning at the Dublin location!

Was allowed as long as I wanted to inspect the exterior. The car was nice and clean and the tires shiny. No glaring defects were present - paint looks great all around and panel gaps consistent.

Inside all surfaces were clean. Checked most controls short of driving the car and all was well. Odometer read 5 miles. Inspected the car further at home and did not notice anything amiss.

To echo others this was the easiest and stress free car buying experience for me - 10 days from ordering to delivery.

Guessing it helped that I ordered the base LR configuration and am local to the Fremont factory 😊