Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the moral of the story here is don't order a long range with 19" wheels, you'll be waiting for a long time...
IMHO, since Tesla isn't playing by the rules, sometimes waiting isn't the bad thing. When waiting, people may end up with the further delay or get the new components or new upgrade. You never know, especially in these weeks. :)

MYLR
Black
7 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
OD: May 5
ODD: May - June
EDD: May 16 - May 30
VIN: N/A
EDD Updated from "May 16 - May 30" to "May 17 - May 27" this morning. Still no VIN, though.
Received VIN today. Fremont-built. Earliest pick up date appointment available on 05/22, will schedule something tonight.

Reactions: pkmody
MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 6
EDD: May 2023
Bay Area, CA
Hi all, just wanted to close the loop here on my order. I ended up finding an inventory car. The plan is to pick up tomorrow.

Want to thank you all for sharing your progress — the updates were extremely helpful and encouraging during my wait (and I know my wait was nothing compared to others').

To everyone still waiting, I wish you a speedy VIN and delivery day (and recommend checking existing inventory frequently). If you're new to Tesla, you're in for an awesome experience. :)

Take care and all the best.

MYP Blue/White
OD 5/5
EDD May
VIN 5/11
DD 5/14
I postponed DD until today, 5/18
I looked it over carefully and found nothing except for L tailight gap others have mentioned. I was a little apprehensive since this was built on 4/25, obviously not specifically for me.
I'm REALLY enjoying the drive but now I have intermittent alert "May Not Restart BMS_a036" but I guess that's a subject for a different thread.

Reactions: carcrazyguy
MYP Blue/White
OD 5/5
EDD May
VIN 5/11
DD 5/14
I looked it over carefully and found nothing except for L tailight gap others have mentioned. I was a little apprehensive since this was built on 4/25, obviously not specifically for me.
I'm REALLY enjoying the drive but now I have intermittent alert "May Not Restart BMS_a036" but I guess that's a subject for a different thread.
Saw this error code being mentioned yesterday. Then I saw another thread saying something about “W cable pins not sitting correctly”?

Please keep us posted. Thanks.

MYP Blue/White
OD 5/5
EDD May
VIN 5/11
DD 5/14
I got that error within 10 minutes of taking delivery. You should schedule a repair asap or call them up. They may let you cut in line and bring it in immediately. Mine turned out to need some kind of emi noise filters installed "Occupant Classification System (OCS) Filter Module 1479982-00-C". I read some other users had the same problem as well. I think there's a service bulletin on the issue

Last edited:
Pickup was scheduled for today.
Had to decline accepting delivery after thoroughly going through the car. Fremont CA Build.
Found 5 things - the reason for declining delivery was for a dent on the driver's side, rear passenger door. PDR is supposed to look at it this afternoon/tomorrow to fix, and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow (though this time it won't be in the morning, and I'll be fighting rush hour traffic to pickup, and go home).
It's an odd dent - because it looks like it's actually pushed out - not in. I suspect something from manufacturing.

On the rear of the C pillar, where the rear hatch shuts - there's a weird fiber that was there from the paint process. It blocked the paint from adhering - document and have service take care of.

On the rear hatch, there's a pin-point paint chip, again document and service will take care of.

On the Front Passenger speaker, there's a rubber gasket behind the mirror area/door "frame"/glass - that's deformed, again document and have service take care of.

There's also from yesterday (prior to me arriving to pick it up), a "Unable to charge" "BMS _a063" message. Not sure what's up with that.

Everything else seemed to have checked out fine. Hopefully there aren't any new issues tomorrow. I told my Tesla Advisor that I was literally going down the street to have PPF and Ceramic Coat applied. He couldn't tell me when PDR would be able to address it - so I said I'd like to do the PPF if I'm taking it (Bumper, Hood, Fenders, 4 Doors). So if PDR needs the door without any PPF, I wouldn't be taking the car unless Tesla wants to repay for PPF. He said Tesla would not pay for re-doing the PPF.

Video of the dent, hard to photograph:
t2kX7Q9.jpg

Took delivery today. PDR looks great. Looks like they just ripped the piece of cloth off the rear paint... They put a GLOB of touch up paint on the chip.
Dropped it off at the PPF place, and the guy was able to just flake the glob of paint right off. He said he'll try to put a little blue paint in it - or some Dr Color Chip, and then ceramic coat it.

Overall happy. I've got some service request to file though.

MYLR
Blue
7 Seat White Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 5
ODD: May - June
VIN: None

Now back to refreshing....
May 31st - June 28th still

I sort of regret not getting the 20's, and grabbing a set of Gemini's off secondary, but I'm worried if I change that now it'll bump me backward.

I'm trying to remain strong, because damn I want white interior, but there's a Blue/Black 7 seater on 20's local to me.... must... remain... team white interior...

Last edited:
Why would the wheel size make that much of a difference?

To me, the moral of the story is if you ordered White Interior, you'll be waiting a long time.
I saw lots of LRs with 20" wheels in stock for a while, and lots of performance models. I might hve jumped on an LR and taken a different color if they'd had 19s.

I ordered black interior and it's not going any faster... but if I wanted to drop the LR I now have multiple AWD options that now match my selection (shrug).

I got that error within 10 minutes of taking delivery. You should schedule a repair asap or call them up. They may let you cut in line and bring it in immediately. Mine turned out to need some kind of emi noise filters installed "Occupant Classification System (OCS) Filter Module 1479982-00-C". I read some other users had the same problem as well. I think there's a service bulletin on the issue
Where could I find that service bulletin? How long did it take to repair yours?
I'm thinking I'll drive it through the weekend and see if the alert reoccurs.

When did a Tesla Advisor get assigned for everyone? I ordered over a week ago and I’ve heard nothing from Tesla. I keep seeing people referring to their SA and I’m just over here refreshing the app 10 times a day lol
If you did a demo, the guy that handed you the keys is your SA. He should've reaches out to you in email.
If you placed an order, Tesla should've texted you an update. You can reply to that and a SA will get back to you.

Reactions: joeshmoe196
If you did a demo, the guy that handed you the keys is your SA. He should've reaches out to you in email.
If you placed an order, Tesla should've texted you an update. You can reply to that and a SA will get back to you.

Hmm… well I did a demo a few months before I ordered but no messages. Someone called me the next day for my feedback on the demo though. I didn’t get any text updates from Tesla, just a thank you for your order email.