Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Detroit, MI
MYLR
Silver / 5 Seat / Black Interior / no Tow
19" Gemini wheels
OD: May 28
EDD1: June - July
EDD2: Jun 22-30
EDD3: July 01-21 (updated today)
VIN: assigned today, and revealed after I signed the Tesla Vision agreement.

Well, waking up to this message about my Austin build has put a smile on my face. I was not expecting the matrix headlights from my Austin build. Hopefully it's a good sign for those still waiting for a VIN.

Reddit thread response:
"PA143638
WINNER! Born on 6/20 with HW4 and matrix 🎉""

If I get the “what to expect before delivery” email one more time…I swear I get it every time a new EDD rolls around. If they would just give me an accurate EDD and stop pushing it out, that would be even better.
Current EDD June 20-30. Still no vin. I’m assuming it will be pushed back yet again. Still anxiously waiting for that vin!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: julia444 and nhuqt
I’m not understanding the hold up on your VIN when delivery is imminent by EOM and also the config not being extraordinary, is it a location thing?
We ordered 5/4 MYP MSM/Black no tow in PA and took 1.5 months to take delivery On 6/14.

I’m not sure either. I know most definitely it is. Or first in first out. No one truly understands what the criteria of a true build. There were always rumors about the priority tesla builds. But idk. I read on Reddit those with specific builds that have upgrades are going into build soon. How true? Not sure. But -.- I went down the damn hole about the tow hitch lol 😂 so I’m banking on that one upgrade to get a vin hahaha

Reactions: AbblePC
My trade in expires 6/30. Now the SA is telling me I shouldn’t have done my trade in until after I got a vin. The first SA told me to do it right away. 🤦‍♀️ my interest rate will expire too, I’m hoping it doesn’t go up. And I hope I get a similar amount on my trade in.
That's weird to tell you things like "shouldn't have done this and that ...", now that it's too late for that anyways. That part isn't overly professional imo. They should focus on what you should do now, given the situation you are in ....

My trade in expires 6/30. Now the SA is telling me I shouldn’t have done my trade in until after I got a vin. The first SA told me to do it right away. 🤦‍♀️ my interest rate will expire too, I’m hoping it doesn’t go up. And I hope I get a similar amount on my trade in.
You might still be fine. My trade in was supposed to expire on 6/17. But to my surprise on 6/17 I checked the app and found that the expiration date got extended to after my expected delivery of 6/30.

That's weird to tell you things like "shouldn't have done this and that ...", now that it's too late for that anyways. That part isn't overly professional imo. They should focus on what you should do now, given the situation you are in ....
Yes. The last SA I spoke to was kind of rude. I asked him if he had any insight on the EDD and he told me to check my app. Like I haven’t already checked a thousand times. This process is pretty irritating. I’d rather have a broad EDD that is far out, than this specific EDD that gets pushed out repeatedly.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
Denver, CO

Reddit guy was never able to look up the VIN, and as of this morning, the VIN has been removed from my account and it just says "Earlier Pickup Available" where the VIN used to be. Estimated delivery remains at June 29-30.

You might still be fine. My trade in was supposed to expire on 6/17. But to my surprise on 6/17 I checked the app and found that the expiration date got extended to after my expected delivery of 6/30.
We had a similar experience. We did the trade in details right away and the offer was good through 6/24. EDD was 6/17-6/30. Last week trade offer was extended to 6/30. Then found they had 1000mi limit on trade in value. Wanted to give them our new odometer reading to get updated trade offer but they now said wait for the VIN to be assigned. 🤷‍♂️ VIN miraculously appeared just hours later, haha. Txt the SA our updated odometer reading. Never got an updated trade value. EDD now 7/1-7/7. Tired of messing around so we are selling the car today and will be down a car for a few weeks. Lose the tax savings on a trade but know what our $ situation is, save on gas and insurance a bit, and jut pay all cash for the car. Not perfect but it is what it is.

The wait for a VIN assignment is at odds with the general message of do all tasks right away to avoid delay. When I got my 3 a couple of years ago, it was hurry up and do everything then as well. I sold my old car myself so didn't have any trade-in hassles.

MYLR
White
5 Seat Black and Black Interior
No Tow
19" Gemini
OD: May 02
EDD: May-June
EDD 2: May 24-June 21
EDD 3: June 08-June 30
EDD 4: June 12-June 26
EDD 5: June 13-June 26
EDD 6: June 14-June 26
EDD 7: June 15-June 27
EDD 8: June 16-June 27
EDD 9: June 17-June 27
EDD 10: June 18-June 27
EDD 11: June 19-June 28
EDD 12: June 20-June 29
No Vin

MYLR
Midnight Silver
5 Seat White Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 25
ODD: June-July
EDD: June 19-30 (updated 6/2)
EDD2: June 20-30 (updated 6/20)
VIN: N/A

First change in EDD for me, since 6/19 has passed. We will see if it keeps changing daily until I finally get a VIN and an actual DD.
Tomorrow they will say 6/21 to 6/30 lol

Reactions: SatyaB and nhuqt