Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
White
5 Seat Black and Black Interior
No Tow
19" Gemini
OD: May 02
EDD: May-June
EDD 2: May 24-June 21
EDD 3: June 08-June 30
EDD 4: June 12-June 26
EDD 5: June 13-June 26
EDD 6: June 14-June 26
EDD 7: June 15-June 27
EDD 8: June 16-June 27
EDD 9: June 17-June 27
EDD 10: June 18-June 28
EDD 11: June 19-June 28
EDD 12: June 20-June 29
EDD 13: June 21-June 30
No Vin

MYLR:
White Exterior / Black Interior.

OD: May 1
ODD: May - June
EDD: June 8 - June 30
EDD 2: June 12 - June 26
EDD 3: June 13 - June 26
EDD 4: June 14 - June 26
EDD 5: June 15 - June 27
EDD 6: June 16 - June 27
EDD 7: June 17 - June 27
EDD 8: June 18 - June 28
EDD 9: June 19 - June 28
EDD 10: June 20 - June 28
EDD 11 : June 21 - June 30
VIN: Still waiting.

Content credit goes to @nhuqt 😆 No copyright claim Please.
I’m dying. Damn you Tesla. 🙄😂

Reactions: SatyaB
Yes, I can push it out to 6/26 to save a few bucks (YMMV), but I'm going to stay hopeful.

I hope you're right! I would love to be able to get the car this Thursday or even Friday.
I see. I probably don't bother to make the change, either, if I'm in the same situation like you. My Insurance is tied to my car/plate, which will be carried over and transferred to the new MY, so I have to keep the precise date in my insurance card. :)

Reactions: EY2K
I see. I probably don't bother to make the change, either, if I'm in the same situation like you. My Insurance is tied to my car/plate, which will be carried over and transferred to the new MY, so I have to keep the precise date in my insurance card. :)
You can change the start date retroactively after the purchase date, and get reimbursed or credited by your insurance.
At least my insurance has done that in the past.

Reactions: EY2K
MYLR
White
5 Seat Black and Black Interior
No Tow
19" Gemini
OD: May 02
EDD: May-June
EDD 2: May 24-June 21
EDD 3: June 08-June 30
EDD 4: June 12-June 26
EDD 5: June 13-June 26
EDD 6: June 14-June 26
EDD 7: June 15-June 27
EDD 8: June 16-June 27
EDD 9: June 17-June 27
EDD 10: June 18-June 28
EDD 11: June 19-June 28
EDD 12: June 20-June 29
EDD 13: June 21-June 30
No Vin
Feel bad to this. Fremont is in CA but residents don't get the benefits due to the location. Is this happening to other Tesla owners in City of Trees?

Most of ppl ordering in May are gone and don't come back to check this thread anymore. Probably we (one or two dozen) are the only few left here to wait for updates/deliveries.

Saw the June Order thread. It's similar to May Order. MYP got the highest priority to get cars built and delivered. Some people can even got the new car in a week or two. Tesla's strategy is to push sales of MYP.

If I'm not living in the Concreate Jungle with jammed traffic, I will get MYP as well. However, if I did order MYP at the time, I'm sure I would get HW3 then.

Maybe Tesla is trying to push people for inventory sales to sell quicker than fresh builds? I text my SA and got a canned response back:

“It is normal if the vehicle wasn't able to be produced from the factory, are you able to consider a more readily available vehicle on the Tesla Inventory page? Tesla is always working to provide you with a vehicle as soon as possible”

• Informative
Reactions: SatyaB and retbesla
Feel bad to this. Fremont is in CA but residents don't get the benefits due to the location. Is this happening to other Tesla owners in City of Trees?

Most of ppl ordering in May are gone and don't come back to check this thread anymore. Probably we (one or two dozen) are the only few left here to wait for updates/deliveries.
I’m in the Bay Area ordered my MYP on 5/12 got my VIN finally on 6/20. I think they fill Northern California orders last.

• Informative
Reactions: retbesla
I guess Elon hates CA... :(
I've seen it suggested that this has more to do with end of quarter thinking. Tesla tries to fill orders away from Fremont first because it takes days+ to ship to other parts of the country. Once it becomes too late to ship to other regions, they start filling nearby orders so as to get as many done before the end of the quarter as possible. May not be true, but sounds plausible.

I've seen it suggested that this has more to do with end of quarter thinking. Tesla tries to fill orders away from Fremont first because it takes days+ to ship to other parts of the country. Once it becomes too late to ship to other regions, they start filling nearby orders so as to get as many done before the end of the quarter as possible. May not be true, but sounds plausible.
This actually makes a lot of sense...

MYLR/Blue/Black/5/no tow/no options

OD 5/30
EDD 6/23-6/30
no vin

Before the end of the month would be nice, dont want to lose trade in value or financing offer :-/

Plenty of exact same spec cars across the country as available inventory in the last two weeks, lots in CA, there was one in Boise a couple days ago, but "Only available for registration in ID".

Refused my first MYLR on May 31st as it had HW3. They put my account on hold for 2 weeks. The first full day after being taken off of hold my EDD was TBD. They next day which was June 14th, EDD changed to June 14th - 28th. A couple hours later VIN assigned! I could have picked it up on Saturday June 17th but scheduled for Monday, June 19th.

My white with black interior MYLR5 with towing from Fremont came with HW4 and Matrix headlights. My VIN is PF805xxxx Such a great vehicle!

I would like to thank everyone that posts their experiences on here as it really helped me to get the most up to date amazing car available!

Refused my first MYLR on May 31st as it had HW3. They put my account on hold for 2 weeks. The first full day after being taken off of hold my EDD was TBD. They next day which was June 14th, EDD changed to June 14th - 28th. A couple hours later VIN assigned! I could have picked it up on Saturday June 17th but scheduled for Monday, June 19th.

My white with black interior MYLR5 with towing from Fremont came with HW4 and Matrix headlights. My VIN is PF805xxxx Such a great vehicle!

I would like to thank everyone that posts their experiences on here as it really helped me to get the most up to date amazing car available!
Congrats for the upcoming HW4+Matrix.

I would reject my delivery if it had arrived early in May and come along with HW3. Now, mine is built last week from Austin and I don't know how long I have to wait further if I reject it this time. So, I can only tell myself that at least I get HW4. :( And, take it!

Anyway, I guess your original VIN was probably assigned to someone else since lots of people are waiting in the queue and many of them don't know or don't care about whatever HW they may get. Tesla can easily find someone to take it over.

This actually makes a lot of sense...

MYLR/Blue/Black/5/no tow/no options

OD 5/30
EDD 6/23-6/30
no vin

Before the end of the month would be nice, dont want to lose trade in value or financing offer :-/

Plenty of exact same spec cars across the country as available inventory in the last two weeks, lots in CA, there was one in Boise a couple days ago, but "Only available for registration in ID".
Does Tesla provide you 30-days Trade In offer?

My original Trade In Offer was only valid for 21-days, while others often got 30-days.

Where my PNW folks at!? Just got a VIN assigned.

UPDATE:
Seattle, WA
MYLR5, 19"
Blue Exterior
White Interior
Tow Hitch

OD: May 15
EDD1: June - July 2023
Order change May 20: Changed from black to white interior
EDD2, May 23: June 13 - June 30
EDD3, May 28: June 15 - June 30
EDD4, June 10: June 12 - June 26
June 12-15, the first day incremented each day
EDD5, June 15: June 18 - June 30
EDD6, June 21 - 30 (has been incrementing daily since the 18th).
VIN assigned: 6/21 PF813###

Last edited:
Where my PNW folks at!? Just got a VIN assigned.

UPDATE:
Seattle, WA
MYLR5, 19"
Blue Exterior
White Interior
Tow Hitch

OD: May 15
EDD1: June - July 2023
Order change May 20: Changed from black to white interior
EDD2, May 23: June 13 - June 30
EDD3, May 28: June 15 - June 30
EDD4, June 10: June 12 - June 26
June 12-15, the first day incremented each day
EDD5, June 15: June 18 - June 30
EDD6, June 21 - 30 (has been incrementing daily since the 18th).
VIN assigned: 6/21 PF813###
This gives me hope! I ordered about 2 weeks after you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcs127