Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was just told that AP 2.0 won't get FSD.

If your HW2.0 & already paid for FSD won't be supported, which solution do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeez, and I was almost finished with my letter. Not sure it's even relevant if HW2 is entirely incapable. Tesla indeed is in trouble. The best policy is being forthright and proactive but I sense Tesla will pull some dodgy stuff here out of a false claims of self preservation.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Unfortunately that's not consistent with what the FaceBook post of Hkwinger Aaron reports: he was told "Tesla will only support FSD on HW2.5 vehicles" and "Fremont Engineering confirmed FSD will only be available on HW2.5 and beyond."

So it sounds like Tesla may soon be coming out with an announcement that they after all won't [be able to] honour their contract with HW2.0 & FSD customers.

The poster was a CPO buyer who wanted to pay for it.
The poster was not an existing owner who had already paid for it.

There is a clear difference between those two cases. We have no idea what Tesla will do about 2.0 owners who pre-paid.

I said other because the only exchange I will accept is a like S100D with 2.5 with all the features I have including FSD which I lair for in February 2017. To the contrary tho I have several different correspondences with folks at Tesla saying that 2.0 cars will be upgraded.

In the end we will all just have to wait and see....there are so many contradictory reports that no one here knows

FWIW, if Tesla were to fail to deliver FSD at all, $10k trade in value is not enough. Literally the whole point we got the car was it was capable (hence why we pre-paid for it, it was integral to our car). We'd need a lot more to make up for the losses with trade-in and it would be nice to get a new car but we would rather have what we paid for back in Dec 2016.

There is a clear difference between those two cases. We have no idea what Tesla will do about 2.0 owners who pre-paid.

^ This.

Developments around FSD come in small increments. As of today, there are no features that would even take immediate advantage of new hardware. I am confident that as and when that extra "oomph" is required and Tesla has the hardware ready, the retrofits will become available. It seems like new vehicles are already having the new "HW3" equipped, so it is just a matter of time.

So, be patient folks and don't succumb to more FUD.

Reactions: Seven7 and strider
I seriously doubt Tesla would owe anybody more than what they paid for FSD if they can't in fact deliver it.
Certainly not going to get a new car of even $10,000 for something that cost $3,000
Why not? It’s pretty easy to make the claim that the reason for choosing to buy the car is because of Tesla’s claims around FSD and/or Tesla Network.

I seriously doubt Tesla would owe anybody more than what they paid for FSD if they can't in fact deliver it.
Certainly not going to get a new car of even $10,000 for something that cost $3,000
Many people spent over $100,000 on the car based on the statement that the car was capable of FSD. Many would've never bought the car to begin with but the FSD was a deciding factor and we bought 2 AP 2.0 vehicles. A $3000 refund isn't enough to make things right.

Many people spent over $100,000 on the car based on the statement that the car was capable of FSD. Many would've never bought the car to begin but the FSD made it a deciding factor. A $3000 refund isn't enough to make things right.
Not to mention even when AP2.5 became public knowledge, Tesla dismisses it as a minor inconsequential update with no functionality change.

Those buyers were directly choosing between AP2.0 inventory or AP2.5 build to order.

Not to mention even when AP2.5 became public knowledge, Tesla dismisses it as a minor inconsequential update with no functionality change.

Those buyers were directly choosing between AP2.0 inventory or AP2.5 build to order.
Exactly. I remember them saying it's really like "Autopilot 2.1" since there's hardly any difference.

I don't get the drama.
If the car is not capable of what it has been sold as then that is a malfunction and repair under warranty.
If Tesla is not able to fix your car, they are free to offer you a replacement that works as advertised.

Warranties cover defects for a defined period. It’s entirely reasonable at this point to think the first FSD feature won’t be delivered before the last AP2 4 year warranty expires. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: TaoJones

Yes we do. Elon SAID what he would do on Twitter. He said it was a simple plugin from HW2 -> HW3. All of this was covered in the other thread, why are we doing this again?

Reactions: Ludalicious
This is big news if true.

I'm calculating 73,270 AP2.0 Model S/X sales. Based on my Model S/X Order Tracker spreadsheet, Full Self-Driving take rate was 23.7% for S/X before the recent discount. If we assume it increased to 28% because of the discount, that would be ~20,500 people. That's a lot of unhappy customers.

Hopefully, Tesla will at least try to make up for it. However, this is a big mess up on Tesla's part. FSD should have never been on sale before it was ready. From October 2016 to March 2019, they have completed 0% of FSD.

How many of those 20,500 cars are still with the same owner, and for those that have changed hands, do they A, know that the car was specced with FSD from the start, and B, still expect to get that FSD on their used car?

Whilst still a large number, I reckon its manageable in terms of refunding or upgrading if possible.

Yes we do. Elon SAID what he would do on Twitter. He said it was a simple plugin from HW2 -> HW3. All of this was covered in the other thread, why are we doing this again?

Because somebody screen capped what somebody else said on Facebook recounting a conversation between yet another party and a 4th party.

I dunno. I mean, seems legit.