Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you look at other than the 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Due to the cost I tried to convince myself that the Bolt, the Leaf or the BMW i3 could satisfy my desire for an EV at a lower cost.

Wrong!! The Model 3 won hands down when you look at the total picture.

I tried the same and came to the same conclusion. The Bolt felt like a Chevy Sonic with a crappier interior and back-busting seats. The Leaf was...fine. The BMW was...weird. Then I rented a Model 3 on Turo and realized I hadn’t had that much fun driving since my old Miata.

The Tesla was way more money than I’ve spent on a car before but it was worth it.

I tried the same and came to the same conclusion. The Bolt felt like a Chevy Sonic with a crappier interior and back-busting seats. The Leaf was...fine. The BMW was...weird. Then I rented a Model 3 on Turo and realized I hadn’t had that much fun driving since my old Miata.

The Tesla was way more money than I’ve spent on a car before but it was worth it.
And Sonic is one of the deadliest cars according to a msn article yesterday.

Having owned(leased) a bunch of BMWs, Audi's, Mercedes and Range Rovers over the past 15 years, I was looking for something refreshing and then the Alfa Romeo Guilia came along and I almost bought it last year when the Model 3 deliveries were 2-3 months out for new orders and my BMW lease was coming up. I am glad I was able to work out a solution to hold out for the P3D...Not going back to ICE again...

:)I made two visits to the Tesla store in Richmond, VA. First trip, I knew very little about the Model 3. Took a week on this forum, Facebook, and watched many YouTube Videos. Went back to the Tesla store and took a scheduled test drive. Ordered my P3D that day. It arrived two weeks later. I really wasn't in the market for a another car, much less a new Tesla. EV driver since Jan 2013. My wife and I have three cars. I have a Chevy Bolt, and my 2012 Prius Plug In was six years old. Our financial situation is good and I'm still working when many are retired. Since I was interested and wanted a Model 3, it was Tesla only. I did not consider a Model S or X.

I was also looking at the Audi S5 but went with a C43 coupe instead. Ordered in June for an August delivery but all 2019 AMGs ended up stuck at the port from some emission regulation with no estimated release date. People said it could take 6 months or longer and I didn't want to wait anymore so I ordered a Model 3 in October and got it in November.

My C43 actually came in the week after my delivery and my salesperson sent me this video lol

Imgur

Didn't look at anyother car besides Model 3, but from time to time i do wish i actually bought a beater Prius V when I'm hauling stuff and junks.

offtopic: I keep telling my wife the next car I'm gonna get probably a white interior model 3 and i'm going to configure the way i like it.

A 1965 Mustang Fastback and a 2010 Lotus Evora S, but they didn't work out. I went for the Model 3 because I had never owned a new car before, and having good AC is important here. Plus I already have 4 other "enthusiast" cars to keep me entertained.

First day reservation holder here. If the Model 3 was not destined to arrive in time before my 2000 BMW 323i bit the dust or was not close to being what it was announced to be, I probably would have gone back to BMW and got a used X3 or perhaps a brand new X2. I had received an X2 as a loaner when my 323i was last in the shop and it was pretty nice.

All that said, I'm very happy to be driving what I have now. Maybe I could have waited a few more weeks and ordered an AWD but .....

Looked at a Genesis g70 v6awd and bmw340xi. Both ICE cars were more expensive. Purchased AWD M3 as a demonstrator with 6,700 discount on March 30th...still tax credit eligible. 717 miles when delivered. Far better deal than the other two cars...no regrets