Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the dumb question: I just follow TSLA, and it's the only stock I'm comfrtable with. But NVDA is interesting... do you think it's too late to jump on the bandwagon? What do you forecast?

I feel uncomfortable giving people investment advice. My only comment is to indicate what I am doing at this point. Realize I already have sizable exposure by percentage of my overall holdings in NVDA.

So, I am not adding shares at this point in time. I did add a couple J18 $100 LEAPS when NVDA was at about $130. These purchases were with my basket of money that I have to invest in options. It is money I can afford to lose and I look at it as a good risk/reward.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
what makes you think SNAP will be $50bil? the "experts" are saying instagram and FB are doing the same things as SNAP.

Visionary leader. Continual innovation. Users who love their product.

The core market of Snapchat users - the college student demographic overwhelmingly prefer Snapchat over Instagram or FB. As always for companies that have potential to become very big (e.g. Tesla), you look for a product that some group of users really love. You also pay attention to what the college and younger demographic is doing because they are a good indicator of the future.

SNAP is not TWTR. Twitter is the same product as 10 years ago. Snap has continually innovated and hence why FB is so aggressively copying their features - they are a threat. But I believe Snap is fundamentally different from Facebook such that the two will co-exist. They serve fundamentally different needs - this is somewhat difficult for someone who does not use Snapchat.

Plus, acquisitions such as Instagram and WhatsApp essential set a bottom for what SNAP is worth, roughly $15-20B. Worst case is an acquisition target by one of the giants (FB, GOOG, AAPL etc.)

Of course there are bear arguments. Slow user growth being the biggest overhang right now. But of the companies with some chance to turn into $200B companies AND still worth just $20B now, if there is another one, I'd like to know about it.

Reactions: mickificki
I'm wishing I hadn't sold NVDA at ~ $100 thinking a correction was coming. Sentiment is really strong and now with the Toyota announcement, the share price continues to soar. P/E is 44. This is a computer chip company with a strong lead in supplying products for AI/autonomous stuff. Thoughts on how high this could/should be valued?

Yes. I've followed Lawrenceville Plasma Physics (LPP). Lawrenceville Plasma Physics

LPP is working on 'aneutronic' fusion where the fuel is hydrogen and boron rather than deuterium or deuterium and tritium. When H and Boron fusion reactions occur, 3 high energy Helium ions are produced and NO fast neutrons. Fast neutrons are what make fission reactors intensely radioactive. Just as important, the energy from H Boron fusion can be extracted without generating steam and use of expensive turbines. This makes electricity from a future generator 5 - 10 times cheaper than coal, oil, natural gas, wind or solar.

LPP is a medium to high risk investment with possible payoff in 5 - 10 years of 50 to 100 times original investment. Those who invested in Tesla at $20 may see a 25X original investment if/when it reaches $500 per share.

Information on LPP Dense Plasma Focus fusion research and business plan can be found on company web site: Lawrenceville Plasma Physics

Wow, someone else follows LPP. I original got involved with there indigogo campaign to raise money for the Tungsten cathode. Love the fact that there solution is so simple and compact. Could be used in a lot of places, including space. I have not invested beyond the indigogo campaign, but I certainly hope to at some point.

I follow, and own,
ALB, Albemarle, since they bought Rockwood holdings a few years back (Li processor(,
Western Lithium which became LACDF becoming Lithium Americas and has a nice A/D (accumulation distribution) line trending upwards as a long term,
NVDA, Nvidia (bought at about $62 or so) (when Tesla and MobilEye had their spat)
got some VWDRY Vestas wind (also nice A/D line) when I saw a blade of a wind turbine and a nacelle on the washington DC beltway late at night heading north, dont know whose it was, but I see turbine farms going in everywhere, when i visited Ireland, Rochester, NY, flew over wind farms going from DC to SAN Diego)
and naturally TSLA
The collapse of electrical utilities occuring starting about 5 years ago over the next 10 years.
They need electricity PV, Wind turbines, battery and PV farms, and electric vehicles. (drive North south along the east coast of the US and see Photovoltaic farms, Wind turbine farms, PV on a lot of houses for distributed generation, read about South Australia and their Virtual Power plants where small arrays are aggregating into multi megawatt "generating plants" read about the coal plants destroying rivers with coal ash and peoples lives and homes

I have also looked at renewables, and oil data sets that BP publishes every year and noted the doubling about every 1.5 years of renewables, and thought, who goes into them
BP will publish the free one again in a few weeks for 2017, meanwhile you can get the 2016 excell spreadsheet
Statistical Review of World Energy | Energy economics | BP Global

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67 and MikeC