Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you pay for more unlocked acceleration?

What's the max you would you pay for an additional .5 faster 0-60 time?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's say Tesla can actually unlock more speed for the M3P, and likely the slower models as well. What would you pay for a .5 second faster 0-60 time?

I would kill for more jerk off the line as well. Elon, are you there? Take my money!

As a side note, would you give up even more range for this? Tire life? What else would be affected?
I have the Performance model and have mostly recovered from my first Sport Mode adrenaline shot. My neighbor lietrally begged me to ease off. Delicious!
I recall reading some time back that the Ludicrous mode took a toll on the motor too. But I've also read where the Performace model has a "hardened" motor. Still, I suspect that there is an adverse impact on the motor too.

I have the Performance model and have mostly recovered from my first Sport Mode adrenaline shot. My neighbor lietrally begged me to ease off. Delicious!
I recall reading some time back that the Ludicrous mode took a toll on the motor too. But I've also read where the Performace model has a "hardened" motor. Still, I suspect that there is an adverse impact on the motor too.

The performance model 3 has exactly the same motors as the regular non-P AWD one. This has been confirmed, among other places, in the Tesla parts catalog.

The performance model 3 has exactly the same motors as the regular non-P AWD one. This has been confirmed, among other places, in the Tesla parts catalog.
It's "hardened" in the sense that they burn in the motors and choose the best ones for the performance model. Same way CPU manufacturing works.

With CPUs there is still more room to overclock even after this selection process. Hoping there is a parallel with tesla.

Reactions: dgaultiere
It's "hardened" in the sense that they burn in the motors and choose the best ones for the performance model. Same way CPU manufacturing works.

With CPUs there is still more room to overclock even after this selection process. Hoping there is a parallel with tesla.

I don't see how there can be.

Since the PN is identical, if your P drive unit fails it will be replaced with literally the same part number a regular non-P AWD owner gets his failed DU replaced with.

When Intel bins CPUs they give different PNs to ones that have significant functional differences.

They might well run the burn in test longer on the P cars but I can't see how that'd make the slightest difference to anything at all besides making some P owners feel better.

I don't see how there can be.

Since the PN is identical, if your P drive unit fails it will be replaced with literally the same part number a regular non-P AWD owner gets his failed DU replaced with.

When Intel bins CPUs they give different PNs to ones that have significant functional differences.

They might well run the burn in test longer on the P cars but I can't see how that'd make the slightest difference to anything at all besides making some P owners feel better.
Maybe it's just an immature process at this point? You raise a good point. I'm not sure what would differ in the parts to allow for better performance, whereas in CPUs there mist be something obvious there.

It already beats the BMW M3.

The P? It beats the old one, sure. Possibly not the new one (specs not officially announced yet).

Nor does the AWD Model 3 beat the BMW 340xi they announced the specs for a couple months ago that goes on sale early/mid next year- which is the specific car I was thinking on regarding a small, free, "BMW beating" uncorking for the AWD.

You're right. As a P3D owner I'd pay at least 5k to get that next leg up, considering it's much harder to achieve faster speeds as you get closer to 0.
Word. I think P3 owners are probably MORE likely to pay for a speed upgrade than AWD folks.

i don't think i'd pay for more speed, she's going to be driving it.

what's funny about BMW drivers, every one of them has to try to race us in the P85. every single fool.
I must not be putting off the right vibe. I haven't had a single car try to take me on.