Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior worth $2k or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty close to putting in an order for a 22 M3 LR and the interior color is my main area of indecision (for a white exterior). I've always had mostly black interiors and like them, but the white does make a statement for what is otherwise a somewhat bland interior, and it eliminates the wood that I'm not a fan of. Curious if the white band along the dash causes any issues with reflection in the windshield? In either case of wood or white aluminum, I would likely consider installing a carbon fiber or matte black finish to improve appearance of those areas.

I'm pretty close to putting in an order for a 22 M3 LR and the interior color is my main area of indecision (for a white exterior). I've always had mostly black interiors and like them, but the white does make a statement for what is otherwise a somewhat bland interior, and it eliminates the wood that I'm not a fan of. Curious if the white band along the dash causes any issues with reflection in the windshield? In either case of wood or white aluminum, I would likely consider installing a carbon fiber or matte black finish to improve appearance of those areas.
I have not come across any reflection issues with the white band, and the sun is strong here and low in the sky but I haven’t had it for a full year yet.
What would convince you to go white? If you are happy with black then save the money but I would be interested in how the white interior (and especially white on white) fares in the used car market, both in price (do you recoup your investment) and does it sell quicker

In Texas I would NEVER have a black car nor a black interior! Apart from that, the white just looks so much classier than the black IMO. 2 years in and no issues at all with white aluminum strip and the seats still look like brand new. Very happy I made the choice to go with white!

Reactions: Bouba
We went back and forth ALOT about this.. never had white before. My SO and I decided it looked a lot nicer than black and I have not changed my mind. Everyone that gets into the car or just sits in comments how nice the partial white looks. I did add a bit of carbon fiber stick on "bling" which helps accent things nicely. I would not hesitant to get white again.

I dig the white. I rented a M3 privately for the weekend a couple of weeks ago which had black interior but had white leather seat covers fitted and it looked great! I proceeded with ordering white interior after this on white exterior. Planning on some nice black wheels and gold on black euro plates 😁

• Funny
I got white on white 2022 ... didnt come with seats stained by the black seatbelts. Looks damn good. I have two kids (1 who is 3 and 1 who is 9 and plays sports weekly). I just put blankets down anytime I know they will be in the car. No worries. When they exit, the blankets come off. Easy peasy. Ppl who see the white love it and so far any black smudges really do just wipe right off with a wet cloth. No big deal.

Honestly, you have the same issue with light dust and dirt with black. Especially leaving the baseball/sofball field with kids. Doesn't matter what color the interior is, if you aren't lazy you should be cleaning the seats anyway. Who wants to sit in body oils etc after months of no cleaning anyway? Gross.

I don’t know. 9 months ago got a white MY with black interior which I like and is practical. However, with COVID, didn’t take wife to Tesla for a test drive (I have been in friends Tesla’s). When we went to pick up, my wife saw a Red with white interior and she said it looked fantastic and we should have gotten that. Explained that would have been an extra $3k and already the most expensive car we have bought. She said she would have been ok with that. Arghhhh!!

• Funny
I don’t know. 9 months ago got a white MY with black interior which I like and is practical. However, with COVID, didn’t take wife to Tesla for a test drive (I have been in friends Tesla’s). When we went to pick up, my wife saw a Red with white interior and she said it looked fantastic and we should have gotten that. Explained that would have been an extra $3k and already the most expensive car we have bought. She said she would have been ok with that. Arghhhh!!
The solution is clear, time for Tesla #2!

Reactions: ElectricIAC