Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior worth $2k or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
916D643D-0479-4509-A200-2E2C34C34AC1.jpeg

Hi all,

Originally I never considered the white interior. But now that I’ve sat in it and heard from other people, im indecisive. I dig the seats themselves brightening things up but didn’t like the white strip personally. Too bright to look at. I could replace it with wood.

Black is safe. It contrasts well with a white exterior (the color exterior I’ll be getting). I like the wood. But it has less of a “wow” factor.

Thus, im not sure how to choose haha.

TLDR: like white seats, dislike white dash strip, don’t mind black either

Hi all,

Originally I never considered the white interior. But now that I’ve sat in it and heard from other people, im indecisive. I dig the seats themselves brightening things up but didn’t like the white strip personally. Too bright to look at. I could replace it with wood.

Black is safe. It contrasts well with a white exterior (the color exterior I’ll be getting). I like the wood. But it has less of a “wow” factor.

Thus, im not sure how to choose haha.

TLDR: like white seats, dislike white dash strip, don’t mind black either

You have a lot of responses in this thread here already, so I moved your newly created thread into this one you already made.

I canceled my order to get the EV incentive so it’s no longer $2k difference. Hence why I wanted a new thread since situation is different.

The feedback on these interiors would still be similar, regardless of the pricing aspect. With that being said, if the feedback in this thread was not what you were looking for, perhaps these threads might interest you?

I believe there are a few more as well, if you search for "black vs white interior".

I wonder if those who extol the virtues of the black interior would be willing to pay for it if was an option?
If the white and black interiors were equal cost I still would have gone for black, though it would've been a closer call.

If white was cheaper by $1k...yeah that might have swayed me. Maybe. Honestly I don't love either interior's coloring, so between them I like saving money.

Reactions: Bouba
If the white and black interiors were equal cost I still would have gone for black, though it would've been a closer call.

If white was cheaper by $1k...yeah that might have swayed me. Maybe. Honestly I don't love either interior's coloring, so between them I like saving money.
I can’t remember the last car I had that didn’t have a black interior. So the White was something I was really looking forward to, I really like it, it lifts the mood. To me it’s like a Tesla trademark, same as Ferrari red, and I’m hoping it will keep the car cool in summer

I can’t remember the last car I had that didn’t have a black interior. So the White was something I was really looking forward to, I really like it, it lifts the mood. To me it’s like a Tesla trademark, same as Ferrari red, and I’m hoping it will keep the car cool in summer

I've had a majority black, but a couple of red interiors that __loved__ (one with a black exterior, one with a silver exterior - pics AUR :D ).

Anyway, I totally agree, I wanted a white interior for the dramatic change over all other cars I've owned, and it really opens up the interior, combined with the open/clear roof, the car feels much bigger than it actually is. I will say, that while I really like white with a neutral exterior, like black/white/silver/gray, if I would've gone with red or blue I would've opted for black (and almost assuredly, covered the wood with carbon fiber trim).

Reactions: Bouba
It will DEFINITELY keep the interior cooler! I've gone through 2 Texas summers and can attest to keeping interior much cooler than black!

I have it. The first time I saw a white on while M3 shining in the sun, I wanted one.
Also no offense but I really like your dog. So cute!
If I didn't have 4 kids (3 of whom are toddlers), I would've went for the white interior, but the last thing I wanted was to pay more for stained seats. o_O
haha I’m 23 and single so I will be the only one in the car 99% of the time. But I do like to eat in the car so have 0 clue if it’s a bad idea

Reactions: Phlier and Bouba
Also no offense but I really like your dog. So cute!

haha I’m 23 and single so I will be the only one in the car 99% of the time. But I do like to eat in the car so have 0 clue if it’s a bad idea
FCCAE57A-947D-4E12-8882-BF2EF2B3B98B.jpeg

Ok, this is him, during a perfectly innocent walk a peacock walked passed!

And on seagull watch
He’s an Épagneul breton (possibly a cross) he’s a rescue dog. Where as all the city pounds are full of Staffs and pit bulls, out here in the country it’s mainly hunting dogs that are abandoned because they aren’t upto scratch (he’s afraid of gunshots).
Sorry for the thread drift. But to bring it back to the subject, he absolutely adores the Tesla! I know dogs like car trips but somehow he likes this car a lot more (perhaps he senses what his dad thinks)

Attachments

• 7F9D6D1D-9559-4DCE-BD99-FA36F7D0F63E.jpeg
    7F9D6D1D-9559-4DCE-BD99-FA36F7D0F63E.jpeg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 46