Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad ya
I officially gave up. i am also not patient at all. canceled my white on white and took a midnight silver on white (my second choice) got a vin assigned right away as there was one in the region that is being shipped here, will have it in 5 days!
i have no idea how people waited 3 years, kuddos to you!

Glad you had a second choice in the hopper.

My wife saw a red/ white today and said oh that’s a pretty car...
Now she tells me after banging heads over white on white. :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: sm715
I officially gave up. i am also not patient at all. canceled my white on white and took a midnight silver on white (my second choice) got a vin assigned right away as there was one in the region that is being shipped here, will have it in 5 days!
i have no idea how people waited 3 years, kuddos to you!
Congrats! I totally get you jumping ship, I'm seriously considering my options at this point, I would consider a Red model and any wheel.

Glad ya

Don't mean to add to it but Red on White is the model Tesla uses on their website to promote the Model 3 and it looks awesome, lol.

Model 3 | Tesla

4q2ydu.png

I chose Red/White but would take a White/White any day. VERY close call for me and while I like red and have had many red cars I have a sneaky feeling that white would be a better longer term choice. Still I'm Red with White very close and Blue in a slight distant (a little oxymoron:eek::D) 3ed. Midnight Silver far back and have owned 1 black car and than was enough. Showroom color, looks super fantastic setting in the showroom, clean, by itself and under bright lights. But drive it and.......

Reactions: ronnieG
Congrats! I totally get you jumping ship, I'm seriously considering my options at this point, I would consider a Red model and any wheel.

Don't mean to add to it but Red on White is the model Tesla uses on their website to promote the Model 3 and it looks awesome, lol.

Model 3 | Tesla

4q2ydu.png
i really like all colors except the black, had a black paint job once and ill never do it again. just too hard to keep looking great all the time without a lot of extra work,

Glad ya

The wait is as long for red on white.

Waiting for m3 red exterior white interior

I also had a reservation since 2016 and ordered an sr+ with FSD 19" on March 2nd not a word since. So being a reservation holder means nothing.

The wait is as long for red on white.

Waiting for m3 red exterior white interior

I also had a reservation since 2016 and ordered an sr+ with FSD 19" on March 2nd not a word since. So being a reservation holder means nothing.
White interior is causing trouble for a lot of new orders. Gotta get lucky with inventory for now. My shop just got a dozen cars delivered at every trim and no white interior :(

Anybody else trying to
EV-CPO now shows 469 Model 3’s in stock in the US.

14 of them have white interiors.

Of the 14, none of them have white paint.

And looking at the Tesla website for Orange County inventory:

100+ cars available for sale
0 with white interior

Not a good sign.

Someone just updated a vin for white on white on the spreadsheet. Fingers crossed that the tide is turning!

I don't understand why this white/white combination is so difficult. I mean, if it's not popular enough, why even offer it? If there is no plan to produce this variant, then take it out. Then I would have picked something else and moved on with life. Or at least offer a disclaimer that it will only be produced when there is a sufficient number of requests. Then we all could have made a more informed decision. Sorry, just frustrated. #venting #BahHumbug

I don't understand why this white/white combination is so difficult. I mean, if it's not popular enough, why even offer it? If there is no plan to produce this variant, then take it out. Then I would have picked something else and moved on with life. Or at least offer a disclaimer that it will only be produced when there is a sufficient number of requests. Then we all could have made a more informed decision. Sorry, just frustrated. #venting #BahHumbug

+222

Orders are piling up and more delays on our configuration. Constantly, signing in Tesla.com is even painful.

Couldn’t agree more. I feel like I’m pot committed at this point and folding now for a different combo would mean throwing away six draining weeks of my life.

Damn you Tesla, and your stupid awesome cars! Smh

Reactions: natefighter
I have no idea but it is very documented white and red are the hardest to paint for them and take the longest amount of time. I guess they prefer to make more of the other colors. Blue is the most popular color followed by black so maybe they would rather have two of those instead of one white.

Someone needs to tweet Elon.

Keep me posted who takes the car first! haha
Update:
5 days before I have to cancel and still no love from Tesla. Despite assigning me an ineligible VIN 3 times (equating to 6 days out of the queue), they refuse to work with me on any compromise.

My choices are: Keep waiting (losing value on my trade in and risking the looming tax cut) — Choose to take a lower trim (they call this a “compromise” even tho Im the only one making a concession) — or go ahead and cancel (my order is a drop in the bucket).

Ironically enough, the electric car maker is asking me to bend over and take it up the tailpipe.

I don’t blame the reps necessarily— Tesla seems to have zero provisions in place for the delivery centers to deal with this type of mistake/customer dispute. But unfortunately, this encourages the reps to ghost you and hope the problem drives away.

If anyone knows how to contact corporate or someone who can actually make decisions, please let me know.

And fingers X’d on this week’s inventory delivery...

I am pleased to inform the group that a unicorn was located and trapped. I got a VIN (413xxx) today and set up a delivery time for this Friday 5/24! Mine is a White/White SR+ with 19". Fingers crossed for no hiccups until then.

Hopefully this is just a sign that it is actually possible to get one of these strangely rare combos (and/or they are actually making some right now?).

FYI - when you log in, you still have to select "Manage." Under "Next Steps" way at the bottom there is a 3rd document listed after the Order Agreement and Lemon Law disclosure. That doc was the MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement). Initially this was the only cue that something had changed. The MVPA contained the VIN. A couple of hours later the VIN and proposed delivery date appeared on the right hand column of both "Next Steps" and "Completed Tasks". The initial delivery date was tomorrow (5/21), but had to push that back to get a cashier check from my bank.