Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN today. It’s a 365xxx though, which sounds kinda old when 40x’s are shipping. They claim it’s a May 19’ manufacture date and can’t tell me if it has AP3 hardware. It took 9 weeks from purchase to VIN assignment, and it looks like it’s probably another week since they say it’s currently leaving Fremont today and I’m on the east coast.

What VIN’s were people assigned recently with white on white?

I got my VIN today. It’s a 365xxx though, which sounds kinda old when 40x’s are shipping. They claim it’s an April 19’ manufacture date and can’t tell me if it has AP3 hardware. It took 9 weeks from purchase to VIN assignment, and it looks like it’s probably another week since they say it’s currently leaving Fremont today and I’m on the east coast.

If they built it in April, how could it just be leaving Fremont today? What have they been doing to it for the last month? Something sounds fishy there.

I got my VIN today. It’s a 365xxx though, which sounds kinda old when 40x’s are shipping. They claim it’s a May 19’ manufacture date and can’t tell me if it has AP3 hardware. It took 9 weeks from purchase to VIN assignment, and it looks like it’s probably another week since they say it’s currently leaving Fremont today and I’m on the east coast.

VINs aren’t sequential.

Reactions: Jazz3D

The VINs don’t go in order for some reason unknown to me.
I have a Sr+ blue/ white that completed manufacturing May 19th but got a 322 VIN. In transit from Fremont to Toronto, which they say takes 10 days. Then they need to PDI and detail, and apparently have a backlog there at present in my location.

I've seen a few early May orders filled on the sheet. Someone who ordered the same day as me with nearly the same specs (only wheels different) already got their VIN. I ordered on May 2nd. I'm seeing SR+ with 19" and AWD with 18" for white/white filled over the last few days on the sheet.

Thanks all the update.

Ordered 5/8 and confirmed with Tesla that they will hold my appraisal value until 6/30 with 1000 miles allowance.

I told them I will take either AWD or P3d whichever comes first available

I ordered white/white LR AWD aero on 5/9 like you, but when I talked to my DA on 5/23, he mentioned that there was a problem with my referral code and he cancelled and put the order in again on 5/23. Ugh. I really hope I don't miss 6/30 because of that stupid change.

Thanks all the update.

Ordered 5/8 and confirmed with Tesla that they will hold my appraisal value until 6/30 with 1000 miles allowance.

I told them I will take either AWD or P3d whichever comes first available
White/white 19” wheels AWD LR is en-route. I take delivery first week of June (I’m a late April order). I was able to get them to hold my trade-in value beyond the 1000mile threshold, but thats mostly because they assigned me the wrong VIN 3 times in a row.

Stay strong — the cars are coming.

It’s killing me. Ordered my white/white performance FSD on 3/30. Have yet to get a VIN or any useful info when I call in. I’ve been in a rental car for 8 weeks now because my car got totaled. Really thinking about canceling my order... but I’ve waited so long already.
Wow! I've *only* been waiting since 4/28 for a white/white P3D FSD, and I've also been thinking about cancelling. (Cold feet?) I already have made up my mind that if Tesla can't get it to me in time for the current tax credit (7/1 it goes down by $1875) I'm going to cancel. If they throw me a bone (like free supercharging) then I might reconsider. Tesla told me "May delivery." Not much "May" left.

Wow! I've *only* been waiting since 4/28 for a white/white P3D FSD, and I've also been thinking about cancelling. (Cold feet?) I already have made up my mind that if Tesla can't get it to me in time for the current tax credit (7/1 it goes down by $1875) I'm going to cancel. If they throw me a bone (like free supercharging) then I might reconsider. Tesla told me "May delivery." Not much "May" left.

Tesla is not going to prevent a paying customer from taking delivery of a vehicle before the end of Q2. There is too much pressure on them to get their numbers up and when it comes to making EOQ numbers they have been know to do whatever it takes to get the cars delivered to buyers. Your car is coming. Trust me.

Reactions: M3totms
I ordered white/white LR AWD aero on 5/9 like you, but when I talked to my DA on 5/23, he mentioned that there was a problem with my referral code and he cancelled and put the order in again on 5/23. Ugh. I really hope I don't miss 6/30 because of that stupid change.

This makes me extremely nervous, because I've had issues with my referral code. When he changed it, did it change the order date on your account?