Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please share how you get this information, I'm going on 4 weeks this weekend with no VIN.
Just looking at this inventory app and selecting model 3 and 24hrs. It says they are cars that are ordered and not purchased, returned or specifically built for inventory. So this wouldn't reflect our orders but maybe gives an idea on what kind of cars are being made each day on the production line. For instance, I have been checking every day and most days white cars are not in the list. It was unusual that so many white cars were in the list today. Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car.

I would guess the factory runs just in time production and builds when specific parts or supplies arrive on the line. I would also guess they spray only one color at a time for a series of cars on the build list.

I rec'd my VIN and delivery date for LR AWD (white on white). Changed my wheels to 19" & removed FSD and was matched the next day. If you happen to see one in inventory, call a rep and advise them of the VIN. While there's still a delay, I was told several white on whites were assigned to cities but have not actually left the Oakland/SF shipping hub yet, so you might be able to get one assigned quickly. If anyone wants help with trying to locate, let me know!

I'm looking for a white on white P3D- or P3D+ in southeastern US if anyone hears about one.

You and everyone else in the US lol. I've heard that white/white P3D
Ordered my M3 white on white FSD AWD on August 13th how long does it take to see the VIN in the source code?
A long time. I also ordered white/white on the 13th. Apparently we still have people waiting from mid-July for white/white VINs in almost every configuration. I’d suggest doing what I’m doing, back of mind until I receive my text saying it’s time for delivery. Patience is not a virtue I possess!

You and everyone else in the US lol. I've heard that white/white P3D

A long time. I also ordered white/white on the 13th. Apparently we still have people waiting from mid-July for white/white VINs in almost every configuration. I’d suggest doing what I’m doing, back of mind until I receive my text saying it’s time for delivery. Patience is not a virtue I possess!
Where’d you hear that info?

Where’d you hear that info?
2 ways:

My tesla rep told me that after pearl became standard that they saw a massive uptick in white orders, and warned me that white specifically would take longer to produce than any other color.

Anecdotally: There’s a thread with a google sheet of configurations with dates of order, vin reception, delivery, etc. If you go down the list, most white/white configs, especially the performance models, have yet to be assigned a vin. And there are plenty made before us. Although it could vary in accuracy because it’s contingent on user participation, most colors other than white have been fulfilled in a timely manner.