Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New here - is it customary for them to give delivery dates without VINs? We need them to secure loans and insurance right? Wouldn’t it be cutting it too close for them to send VINs last min before delivery?
Yes. I wouldn’t do any loans until you are at least 3weeks out or you have a solid window. Most credit apps are only valid for 30 days.

You also don’t have delivery dates, you just have an estimated window, which will change a million times over the next several weeks.

Reactions: KangThe
New here - is it customary for them to give delivery dates without VINs? We need them to secure loans and insurance right? Wouldn’t it be cutting it too close for them to send VINs last min before delivery?
They give estimated delivery dates to everyone. But if you go through the forums, you will notice it always changes and isn’t as accurate. Once you get a vin, there is usually at least a week before you get the car to do all the paperwork.

My brother got his vin early last week and the car is being transported from the factory to the show room here. So it also depends how far are you from Austin or Fremont. We are in Boston so it’s taking a while.

They give estimated delivery dates to everyone. But if you go through the forums, you will notice it always changes and isn’t as accurate. Once you get a vin, there is usually at least a week before you get the car to do all the paperwork.

My brother got his vin early last week and the car is being transported from the factory to the show room here. So it also depends how far are you from Austin or Fremont. We are in Boston so it’s taking a while.

Congrats to your brother! When was his order date? I ordered 1/27

Checked my app and noticed my EDD changed from 1/29-2/26 my new EDD is 2/6-2/23. I got no notification through text or e-mail so just keep checking that app!
Hoping I get a Vin assigned soon so I can actually get delivery in that window of time but I’m hopeful that my car has been born and is on the way!