Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there other cases where changing the interior color to black expedited the delivery?
This is a little bit like frantically changing lanes in a traffic jam, it's possible you will get ahead in a different lane, it's also possible you will get stuck for even longer, even if that lane looked like it was moving faster when you made the switch. The traffic jam everyone is sitting in here is much more complex than any on the highway, you can't get an accurate view of what's going on from your seat in the forums with only dozens of contributors where no real patterns can be established. People who switched to something they didn't want and then got delayed further are a lot less likely to share their experience than people who feel like they found a secret hack to get ahead.

Reactions: Lady and _EzE_
This is a little bit like frantically changing lanes in a traffic jam, it's possible you will get ahead in a different lane, it's also possible you will get stuck for even longer, even if that lane looked like it was moving faster when you made the switch. The traffic jam everyone is sitting in here is much more complex than any on the highway, you can't get an accurate view of what's going on from your seat in the forums with only dozens of contributors where no real patterns can be established. People who switched to something they didn't want and then got delayed further are a lot less likely to share their experience than people who feel like they found a secret hack to get ahead.
Totally agree and nice analogy with traffic jam and we have all been there - switching lanes sometimes work, sometimes not. However, I also want to add that one can look at waitingfortesla site to get some idea - not necessarily no one can guarantee and certainly noI prediction of the future. For example, when I looked at the site, I noticed all MY LR had black interior (at the time I looked and you know it changes frequently).

Good luck and best wishes to all.

MYLR White/White 19” - No Other Options
OD: 1/20/23
EDD: 2/14 - 3/8
EDD 3/24 - 3/31
EDD: 3/23 - 3/31
EDD: 3/30 - 3/31

Updated Today: EDD 4/12 - 5/17

I have to admit today’s update was very disappointing, but I had noticed others here and on FB Groups reporting similar delays in their EDDs.

Been tracking Tesla inventory several times a day, but it appears a change will mean having to make compromises in what I originally ordered. Did not really want a black interior or 20” wheels. Seems like seat color and wheels are likely the hold up. The problem now is it too late to make those changes too.

I picked up my car yesterday at the Upland delivery center in S. California. My wife and I spent about half an hour going over it and could find nothing wrong! I'll look over it again today but this is the best built Tesla I've owned. I previously had a 2018 M3 and a 2021 MY. It is an Austin build and my only very, very minor disappointment is no matrix headlights, but I knew that was unlikely from Austin. I'm very relieved to have the car before any possible tax credit reductions are announced. Here are the details:
Ordered 1/13, VIN assigned 2/23, PA0800xx, last EDD was March 6-13, MYLR/W/W/19", Southern California, delivered 3/6

I picked up my car yesterday at the Upland delivery center in S. California. My wife and I spent about half an hour going over it and could find nothing wrong! I'll look over it again today but this is the best built Tesla I've owned. I previously had a 2018 M3 and a 2021 MY. It is an Austin build and my only very, very minor disappointment is no matrix headlights, but I knew that was unlikely from Austin. I'm very relieved to have the car before any possible tax credit reductions are announced. Here are the details:
Ordered 1/13, VIN assigned 2/23, PA0800xx, last EDD was March 6-13, MYLR/W/W/19", Southern California, delivered 3/6
How does it drive compared to your 2021 MY? Night and day difference or just a bit better?

So after a bit of trial and error I got matched to a vehicle. If you're flexible on changing to black interior there are options. I didn't want to risk missing on full tax credit or having it reduced to half.
My original order was MY extended range, white/white 19", I called them and sales rep told me that there's a Silver one with same configuration with black interior so I reluctantly said yes although it wasn't even my second color choice, once I pulled up the MVPA i realized that its actually not the same configuration since the Silver one was standard range, I informed them of the issue and luckily within an hour or so he was able to match me with an Extended Range Blue Exterior (my fav color) with black interior.
If you're on the fence, the standard range is also a great option because I didn't realize that these can be normally charged up to 100% and that's what's recommended, extended range its recommended to be at 80-90% charge so the true range gap is actually less.

So after a bit of trial and error I got matched to a vehicle. If you're flexible on changing to black interior there are options. I didn't want to risk missing on full tax credit or having it reduced to half.
My original order was MY extended range, white/white 19", I called them and sales rep told me that there's a Silver one with same configuration with black interior so I reluctantly said yes although it wasn't even my second color choice, once I pulled up the MVPA i realized that its actually not the same configuration since the Silver one was standard range, I informed them of the issue and luckily within an hour or so he was able to match me with an Extended Range Blue Exterior (my fav color) with black interior.
If you're on the fence, the standard range is also a great option because I didn't realize that these can be normally charged up to 100% and that's what's recommended, extended range its recommended to be at 80-90% charge so the true range gap is actually less.
That is incorrect information about the battery charging. The MYAWD (some call it SR but it isn't called that by Tesla) is not using LFP and is not supposed to be charged to 100% regularly like the LFP cars. The only LFP car sold in N. America is the Model 3 SR+. Overseas Tesla does sell a MY that uses LFP but not in N.A. That is only build in China but sold in many other international markets.
MYAWD (279mile range with 19") is using 4680 batteries but those are same chemistry as 2170 in LR and P. They are recommended for 80-90% daily charge. Ideally even less.

That is incorrect information about the battery charging. The MYAWD (some call it SR but it isn't called that by Tesla) is not using LFP and is not supposed to be charged to 100% regularly like the LFP cars. The only LFP car sold in N. America is the Model 3 SR+. Overseas Tesla does sell a MY that uses LFP but not in N.A. That is only build in China but sold in many other international markets.
MYAWD (279mile range with 19") is using 4680 batteries but those are same chemistry as 2170 in LR and P. They are recommended for 80-90% daily charge. Ideally even less.
I guess Tesla sales rep doesn't even know their own stuff, sorry for misinformation.