Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Enhanced/Smart Summon work in an indoor underground garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone in EAP knows if Smart Summon works without GPS?

My condo parking space is really tight and requires some awkward manouvering and I’m always anxious doing it. Was wondering if summon would be able to do it for me and bring the car to me (just a few feet away). There is wifi/LTE down there. Yes, it’s kind of a lazy ask.

Elon has said support for parking structures will come later. Whether that includes underground is anybody’s guess, though if there’s LTE/wifi I would think your garage would be covered.

I’d love to know if the updated Summon will allow my car to reverse fully out of my garage rather than being defeated by the 13% downward slope.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
It didn't work in my 2 level home parking lot. I'm on the bottom floor but the car doesn't know where the 1 entrance/exit exists so the car is basically locked inside the lot. May need a way to manually put the exit/entrance location on the map in the smart summon gui in the app where it gets saved to the phone and or cloud.

I remember way back a few folks bonking their cars into concrete posts and such in parking garages. This was long before Smart Summon. I honestly forget whether they were using regular Summon or Auto Park.

Anyway, I’d proceed with extreme caution at first if you’re parked alongside a concrete obstacle that could hurt the car. But otherwise, try it and let us know!

Tried “Come to Me” in a parking garage over the weekend and it was not good due to my phone’s GPS signal showing my location far from where I was standing in the garage.

This was a straight shot through the garage. I can’t imagine it’s going to be ready for the roundabout drive required for a parking garage anytime soon.

Tried “Come to Me” in a parking garage over the weekend and it was not good due to my phone’s GPS signal showing my location far from where I was standing in the garage.

This was a straight shot through the garage. I can’t imagine it’s going to be ready for the roundabout drive required for a parking garage anytime soon.
If this is a common problem for you, and you have an Android, check out "Fake GPS Location" in the Play store. I used to have trouble with GPS on my phone and it was much easier to just set it. It's kind of a hassle, but it can be a temporary solution! :)

I tried mine - and it almost worked on level 1 of parking garage - but the cell signal wasn't strong enough. The car turned on and started to pull out of the parking spot and it just stopped. Its sorta embarrassing when you're trying to show off to your coworkers haha.

I remember way back a few folks bonking their cars into concrete posts and such in parking garages. This was long before Smart Summon. I honestly forget whether they were using regular Summon or Auto Park.

Anyway, I’d proceed with extreme caution at first if you’re parked alongside a concrete obstacle that could hurt the car. But otherwise, try it and let us know!

I park straight in a spot at my office parking deck inches from a wall. There is a concrete pole like you see at fast food places that is basically four feet in front of the wall. Sometimes regular summon decides to turn the wheel and heads straight for the pole for no reason after the ultrasonic sensors pass it, scares me every single time. I would never trust SS while parking there.