Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting used to new Model Y.
I have noticed that wipers in AUTO mode works not good at all....
When there is a light rain, they performs the cleaning too often, on almost dry windshield with just a few drops, so I had to switch to manual mode.

On my Volvo, I could adjust the sensitivity of the rain sensor, so the AUTO mode worked perfectly. Is it possible to do it on Model Y? I didn't find any information in the user manual.

Reactions: ionsphere
Getting used to new Model Y.
I have noticed that wipers in AUTO mode works not good at all....
When there is a light rain, they performs the cleaning too often, on almost dry windshield with just a few drops, so I had to switch to manual mode.

On my Volvo, I could adjust the sensitivity of the rain sensor, so the AUTO mode worked perfectly. Is it possible to do it on Model Y? I didn't find any information in the user manual.

There's not really a separate rain sensor. Tesla uses the front cameras that look through the windshield to detect rain.

If your wipers start going wild on a sunny day, stop and look for a fresh bug splat in front on the cameras.

• Funny
Reactions: ionsphere and Art84
There's not really a separate rain sensor. Tesla uses the front cameras that look through the windshield to detect rain.

If your wipers start going wild on a sunny day, stop and look for a fresh bug splat in front on the cameras.
I see.
Yeah, I already had this, that wipers just started working on the sunny day... so I switched them to off and now use only in manual mode :(((

This was not the first time it happened. It was not raining this morning I was driving around 80 mph, The windshield wiper turned on automatically. I had the windshield wiper set to auto and when I tried to manually set it off the off button was greyed out? Anyone experienced this? Could it be some sort of software problem?

Reactions: beachmiles
Welcome to Tesla vision.

IMG_5322.jpeg
IMG_5319.jpeg

Edit: if cruise control or autopilot are in use the ability to turn off the windshield wipers is greyed out.