Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about doing this

Attachments

• 4C5E8580-2E5A-4BFB-9005-34FC86389810.jpeg
    4C5E8580-2E5A-4BFB-9005-34FC86389810.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 118
Anyone selling a P75D badge?
Thinking about doing this

Me too. Was thinking about it but did not because I did not want to deal with all the questions about a model
that does not exist.. I could see an 85 adding it after being uncorked because P85s do exist..

And since now all new 75Ds have the same performance, it would just make a P redundant?? IMHO

Me too. Was thinking about it but did not because I did not want to deal with all the questions about a model
that does not exist.. I could see an 85 adding it after being uncorked because P85s do exist..

And since now all new 75Ds have the same performance, it would just make a P redundant?? IMHO

I don't think the P should be applied at all. The 75Ds now have the same performance as the 90Ds (which use the same motors as the 75D) but they do not have the larger rear motor. The P badge in my opinion requires the higher power motors. Think 90D vs P90D, 100D vs P100D, 85 vs P85 all have larger more powerful rear motors.

Reactions: vandacca and BWa75D
For those earlier in the thread who were wondering about whether 100Ds were eligible for a half-second upgrade that occurred in July, the answer from my escalation on tesla.com is “no.” That’s not terribly surprising as EVERYTHING shared so far by Tesla has focused on the 75D and that’s the vehicle that was most disadvantaged by the lower cost Model 3’s 0-60 speed. Maybe it will change in the future but who cares - we’ve got a great SUV no matter what.

Email Reply:

“At this time, there is no retrofit available to increase the performance on your Model X. If anything changes, we will let you know.”

For those earlier in the thread who were wondering about whether 100Ds were eligible for a half-second upgrade that occurred in July, the answer from my escalation on tesla.com is “no.” That’s not terribly surprising as EVERYTHING shared so far by Tesla has focused on the 75D and that’s the vehicle that was most disadvantaged by the lower cost Model 3’s 0-60 speed. Maybe it will change in the future but who cares - we’ve got a great SUV no matter what.

Email Reply:

“At this time, there is no retrofit available to increase the performance on your Model X. If anything changes, we will let you know.”
Their response seems to indicate that it might be possible at a later time - not a complete “no”.

Could anyone post an image of their X75D powermeter after uncorking? Is the highest value displayed still 200 kW or should it read 300 kW?

Mine has supposedly been uncorked before delivery but still shows 200 kW.

I have a MX 90D delivered in September, 2016.

Is there any scope of uncorking for my model?
Could anyone post an image of their X75D powermeter after uncorking? Is the highest value displayed still 200 kW or should it read 300 kW?

Mine has supposedly been uncorked before delivery but still shows 200 kW.

Attachments

• DE115BAB-BCA9-4F49-B722-D685009D2417.jpeg
    DE115BAB-BCA9-4F49-B722-D685009D2417.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 107
Meter has not changed.

-Corked S75D Max output was around 270 or so. It would go past the 200 reading.
-Uncorked Max output is around 330.

The only way to see the end readings would be through an app. ( Like Dashboard for Tesla on Android)

If you have a 60D, you may want to ask the SC if you upgrade to the 75D, the no may very well become a yes... I have heard of no 60D's eligible for the uncorking, but many of us who have upgraded from 60D to 75D have uncorked with glee... Well worth the upgrade... especially now...

I have a 2016 AP2 Model X 60D upgraded to 75D.

Called in to ask about uncorking and they can do it. No reason they COULDN'T do it on a 60D from a technical perspective but maybe they want a little coin to do so. (60D to 75D) upgrade.

Well I received my MX 75D back today and could not notice any "seat of the pants" difference in acceleration. I pulled up the power output graph on my dashboard and floored it. I only saw ~ 260kw which is unchanged prior to uncorking. Lastly, I did several timed acceleration runs to 60 and the best I could do what 6.1s.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems as though my MX wasn't successfully uncorked. I emailed my SC requesting they try again :)

I have a 2016 AP2 Model X 60D upgraded to 75D.

Called in to ask about uncorking and they can do it. No reason they COULDN'T do it on a 60D from a technical perspective but maybe they want a little coin to do so. (60D to 75D) upgrade.

Yeah, but mine is a lease, and I don’t know if I’m going to keep the car. There really isn’t any reason they can’t uncork a 60D.