Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 100D with ventilated seats! I DID IT! WOOO WOOOOOOOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't feel sorry for any of us 1 percent whiners lol but it isn't what happened buddy boy. I know what my rep told me - she was wrong. No harm no foul. Life is full of Teslas - there will be more.
I think you might have gotten away with it if you did not post about it. Everyone else that could not get the same deal pointed to your original success and I am sure that attention was not positive.

Reactions: Sully's8
Yes, Callisnow will, until the next week :rolleyes:

I think the s100d is good for me. Should give ~230 miles at high freeway speed?

150 mile round trip day trips possible with watching the speed and wind.
When scouting out the Brush, CO supercharger location in November and December, we did three highway trips of ~225 miles round trip at ~80 mph in two different 90Ds and had no problem with range. A 100D with additional range might be making its way to my garage eventually but the 90D works fine for now with 295 miles range when charged to 100%.

I think you might have gotten away with it if you did not post about it. Everyone else that could not get the same deal pointed to your original success and I am sure that attention was not positive.

Obviously, you did not read the entire thread and I dont blame you.

The short version is that there was never any "success" on upgrading from 90D to 100D with FUSC but only an assumption by the OP that the change is possible as he was in the last day of the 7 day period (I'm in the camp of those who think the assumption was warranted and logical). Instead, apparently, Tesla made 100D battery part of a new "Price Book" which did not have FUSC or ventilated seats options.

IMO they should be consistent with whatever they have done in the past with this type of issue, just allow them to also have FUSC. My understanding is they could upgrade for a change fee. I'd let them do that and include FUSC. I could be wrong, but I think they should be consistent with their handling of this in the past plus honoring the FUSC.

If you want them to be consistent with how things have been handled in the past, then saying 'except honor the FUSC', would translate to you don't want them to be consistent with the past. You want the new thing, but not the other new thing that goes with it.

They are being consistent. It's just some people don't like it.

If you want them to be consistent with how things have been handled in the past, then saying 'except honor the FUSC', would translate to you don't want them to be consistent with the past. You want the new thing, but not the other new thing that goes with it.

They are being consistent. It's just some people don't like it.

I'm not really disagreeing with the pricelist consistence part, but some notes:

I agree Tesla has used the pricelist reasoning before. On the other hand, P100D was handled very differently. You could even upgrade after manufacturing. This is not consistent with that.

IMO one thing is, Tesla just decided to present to FUSC this way and group it with the other Design Studio changes. They could have easily just detached it from the pricelist proper and said it applies to all orders made then and then, no matter any changes.

Tesla definitely has made other changes where old orders were grandfathered into new features, creating unusual mixes of products from an ordering stand point. I hear Tesla even made a Founder's AP2, quite inconsistently... ;)

Tesla is making business decisions quarter to quarter that they feel are in their best interest, not following some higher logic. Nothing wrong with that, of course. And sometimes they are just erratic.

Customers make their own business decisions, as can be seen happening.

Reactions: schonelucht

I will always wonder if you're right about that.

Callisnow didn't you promise to move to Canada if Trump was elected president? J/K Hope you enjoyed your "protest"

Nope - didn't promise to move to Canada. Why are you putting the protest in quotation marks? Not sure why'd you'd make fun of something which is clearly a serious issue to hundreds of thousands of of people - and women in particular. If you disagree on the policy positions of the protesters that's fine. But to mock someone for engaging in one of a free society's most honored and valuable traditions - protest - that's -odd.

Obviously, you did not read the entire thread and I dont blame you.

The short version is that there was never any "success" on upgrading from 90D to 100D with FUSC but only an assumption by the OP that the change is possible as he was in the last day of the 7 day period (I'm in the camp of those who think the assumption was warranted and logical). Instead, apparently, Tesla made 100D battery part of a new "Price Book" which did not have FUSC or ventilated seats options.

Just for the record I didn't make any assumptions - I was going off what I was told by my sales rep would be possible. Did she make an assumption? I'll never know.

@calisnow

If it helps at all, I sincerely believe you were never getting the 100D with FUSC and ventilation. I believe all the signs are your DS made a mistake and would not have been able to make good on that mistaken promise due to policy.

Now, should or would Tesla change that policy, that is another question. I find it very unlikely they would change, but I guess if they get enough cancellations they might reconsider.

Reactions: calisnow
Hi everyone -- we didn’t announce the 100D earlier because the pack is more complex and requires more time to produce. The 100D is in the new price book and does not include free unlimited Supercharging, nor ventilated seats. This is the same approach for all, no one is getting a special deal or treatment.

Extending free unlimited Supercharging beyond the custom order date wasn't fair to those who ordered by the deadline. The ventilated seat availability is the result of a decision to give the best possible in-car experience. They are now no longer available in our supply chain, and thus we can't include those in orders going forward.

Your feedback and input is super helpful.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi everyone -- we didn’t announce the 100D earlier because the pack is more complex and requires more time to produce. The 100D is in the new price book and does not include free unlimited Supercharging, nor ventilated seats. This is the same approach for all, no one is getting a special deal or treatment.

Extending free unlimited Supercharging beyond the custom order date wasn't fair to those who ordered by the deadline. The ventilated seat availability is the result of a decision to give the best possible in-car experience. They are now no longer available in our supply chain, and thus we can't include those in orders going forward.

Thanks,

Jon
@JonMc , I really appreciate Tesla Motors management reading the TMC forum and taking the time to respond. Thank you!

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks Jon. We appreciate your participation in the forum. Most of us on this thread are confirmed customers- buyers of 90Ds not yet in production- who would definitely have been interested in the 100D $3K upgrade had Tesla been able to honor the interior options we selected, including the color combos and the ventilated seats. It's obviously a first world problem, grant you, but the resulting equivocation for those of us who ordered in December has been stressful. For example, my interior choice- tan / figured ash / BLACK headliner, is out with the new bundling, and I also had secured the ventilated seats, which you explained well above. I'm frankly much less concerned about FUSC based on the financial modeling I've done.

We all understand the need to simplify and streamline in advance of the Model 3 manufacturing commencement, just seems to have caught us in a conundrum that has, if nothing else, been a fun thing to talk through with other customers. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to get my Tesla!

Reactions: P100DHG.
I need to point out the elephant in the room here. 90D orders can be switched to 100D orders with the relatively minor loss of FUSC and aerated seat, and the minor gain of 38 rated miles, which really is less than 30 miles of real world use.

So those wanting the 100D feel nickeled and dimed over FUSC... since these are nickels and dimes, why on earth are some of you so upset over a few hundred dollars in charging fees over the life of $100K+ car? Most of you won't even keep that car that long for FUSC to make much of a difference. And I surmise most current 90D owners would be glad to loose FUSC for a 100D.

Finally, if FUSC and ventilated seat are important to you, what does it really matter if you get 30 miles less per charge? For the vast majority, it makes little difference. On a road trip with a family, stops are far more dictated by food and bathroom stops than charging.

The upshot is that both options are great, and that the value of either is blown out of proportion here. At least when HW2 came out, those miffed had good reasons to be. HW2 will make a very significant difference down the road from HW1 from a resale and usefulness perspective when (if) FSDC is released. An older HW2 vehicle could turn into a money-generating taxi.

I'm happy with my 90D with FUSC and vented seats, but I probably would upgrade to a 100D if I were in the order pipeline, especially since I have towing plans.

Wasn't just FUSC and ventilated seats. . . The new bundled interiors eliminated some combos, namely mine. . . Tan figured ash and black headliner. . .which I don't think is too off the wall. The ventilated seats and the FUSC were relatively minor in comparison. . But your point is well made.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon, I appreciate you coming to the forum. I do have a question however. Those customers who ordered by the deadline were in fact able to still upgrade to a 100D if they wanted, with no free unlimited super charging, for a change fee of $500 correct?

So if that is the case, why wouldn't they, and anyone who ended up ordering by the 15th be able to get free super charging on their 100D as long as their original order was placed by the 15th? To me, I am failing to see how this is a fair issue, unless I am missing something with the change ability.

It seems to me to be more of a pricing issue, then a fair issue. Which is fine, but I have to ask why the 60/75 remained unchanged from a price perspective once the FUSC offer was no longer being offered? Even if it could have been done for say $5,000 instead of $3,000 for those making the switch from a 90D to the 100D within the time frame for FUSC would have been fair for everyone. In the end, I am not ordering a $108,000 car becasue of this, and for the record, I would have happily ordered a $110,000 car if it came with FUSC.