Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 P85 Pack Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might be wrong... but I think I am pretty sure I did read somewhere on this forum that there are 75s? out there running a limited 85kWh pack... something about european model or something?
Yep. 400v BTX8 ended up in hundreds of 75Ds. Same part number as the old P85 battery. Some in the Middle East as well. Kind of ironic really when 85 owners are getting 90s as replacements. Max Power doesn't change much 0-60 but max power stays steady well into high speeds when the regular 14 module 350v 75 battery with its lower amperage starts to show back EMF.

I am enjoying this thread immensely.

Last edited:
Does he get more range? isn't the 75 pack faster 0-60 (0-100 km) than the old 85D?

I still think its a fair trade.. b/c the extra range is great to have.. unless he is software locked from accessing same.

Incorrect info. The 85 packs, if using the same fuses (outside of the pack), etc. can discharge power faster than the 75 pack. Remember, the 85 pack supported all the way up to the P85D, which still blows the doors off any 75 ever made.

Car to car comparison, the 85D is still a SMIDGE faster than an uncorked 75D, but it is close enough that driver variance would probably be a bigger variable than the cars themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: Galve2000
Yep. 400v BTX8 ended up in hundreds of 75Ds. Same part number as the old P85 battery. Some in the Middle East as well. Kind of ironic really when 85 owners are getting 90s as replacements. Max Power doesn't change much 0-60 but max power stays steady well into high speeds when the regular 14 module 350v 75 battery with its lower amperage starts to show back EMF.

I am enjoying this thread immensely.
I also do remember reading about a 2017 manufactured 85-pack with a new part number and denoted with A in the end... like a new A pack.

So I think this is really interesting... because while there are at least a couple of people on here that got upgraded into P90... there are also those who got "new 85As" as replacements...

Why did some people get a mini-upgrade (81.5kWh to 85.8kWh) while others did not?

Personally... I think that if my battery failed and I didn't get a 90-pack... I wouldn't feel anything really... but then again... if mine became a P90... it would be kinda cool... cos it's different

Currently waiting for a pack replacement on my 15 S85d. Approx 80k miles. Service center told me i would be getting an 85 pack and not a 90, but i still havent receive d an eta. 1 week and counting since it was towed.

Received an alert through tesla app that. battery is low and needs to be plugged in. Went out that morning and both screens dead but doors windows and trunka opened. Checked 12volt and it was good and even did a quick 12v charge to 12.8.....still no screens. Call tesla and they towed it. Have a gas guzzler loaner at the moment. Smh

Currently waiting for a pack replacement on my 15 S85d. Approx 80k miles. Service center told me i would be getting an 85 pack and not a 90, but i still havent receive d an eta. 1 week and counting since it was towed.

Received an alert through tesla app that. battery is low and needs to be plugged in. Went out that morning and both screens dead but doors windows and trunka opened. Checked 12volt and it was good and even did a quick 12v charge to 12.8.....still no screens. Call tesla and they towed it. Have a gas guzzler loaner at the moment. Smh
While it may be frustrating at the moment, getting a pack replacement after 2-3 years on Tesla's dime might be good for you in the long run.

Reactions: camthehombre
For those of you with 85's getting 90 replacements that have a ludicrous upgrade, are you getting 1500 or 1600 amp 90 batteries? The 1500 amp batteries that were problematic and had early degradation are the 1500 amp versions that have no more power than a regular P85DL. The 1600 amp batteries in the L upgraded cars get have significantly more power.