Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release notes just said minor bug fixes and improvements.

Is it just me, or are the release notes only giving descriptions of what has changed when they are adding things or big changes to the current functionality?

Maybe it is because my first Tesla is with HW2, so I'm just been used to new functions with each update. But now I'm mostly reliant on other users review of the firmware to have an idea of what has been changed. And more importantly, what to watch out for in order not to get a heart attack when changing lanes (that's right 17.26.76, I'm looking at you!).

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and JHWJR
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG

Not quite going wide but its also only going to AP2 which is a good sign. Hopefully my car gets it. The lane change is far too abrupt and skittish. I liked the slow and graceful change before more than the hesitation and then dart method with 17.26.76

Actually would like to know how AP performs on a highway in a rain storm. Would be a great benefit to the driver. Sometimes get stuck on long highway routes with heavy rain.

Worked great for me the many many times I've been in downpours. Last revision drove during drenching t-storm and it could really only safely go 65mph but msotly everyone else was going 50mph or slower. It could see better than me (I wasn't going to trust it though so I kept it at the speed I felt comfortable).

Worked great for me the many many times I've been in downpours. Last revision drove during drenching t-storm and it could really only safely go 65mph but msotly everyone else was going 50mph or slower. It could see better than me (I wasn't going to trust it though so I kept it at the speed I felt comfortable).

Ditto, and I found the same during high-glare situations. Was driving through the mountains with 17.26.76 and honestly at one point I was feeling uncomfortable not because AP2 was doing anything wrong, but because I could not see well enough to supervise AP2 because it was tracking lane lines better than I could see given the sunlight and faded markings.

Not quite going wide but its also only going to AP2 which is a good sign. Hopefully my car gets it. The lane change is far too abrupt and skittish. I liked the slow and graceful change before more than the hesitation and then dart method with 17.26.76

uggghggh, no, the old was way to slow and unstable, seems like it would straddle the lane and not make up it's mind, this .76 is much much better.

They need a setting to satisfy all people, something like abnormally slow lane change to wickedly fast lane change modes. :)