Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... I like the P solution. But user selectable Park or Door would be great!
Tesla should have lots more configurability really, the screen and software updates would allow so much...
I think they are trying to find the balance of flexibility without an overwhelming number of options. A common problem in the 'software' world. I'm guessing they try to strike a balance. The pendulum swings on this topic and UI trends.
Are these cars and the early adopters to them tech savvy and love all the options and more. What about the more general public once you get through the early tech adopters? What about the 100,000s in the Model 3?

I think they are trying to find the balance of flexibility without an overwhelming number of options. A common problem in the 'software' world. I'm guessing they try to strike a balance. The pendulum swings on this topic and UI trends.

One doesn't have to go all iDrive on this, but IMO this configurability is good. They could easily put away some more specific stuff behind an expert more or such... make it an easter egg.

Reactions: buttershrimp
Our car no longer sees the lane nor displays speed signs after this update. And cruise control and auto steer is disabled. Haven't restarted the small screen yet (restarted the big one). AP2.

Had a similar issue (after .44 failed) and Tesla Service said I needed to do a hard reboot.

Park car and remove all connected USB devices/harddrives. In Settings (I think), go to the E-brake (or something like that) tab and shut the car down. Sit for 3 minute WITHOUT touching anything or opening the doors. Then hit brake to wake the car back up. It fixed my issues.

Well, I don't really *need* the entry/exit assist, but I do like that it will act as a reset for seat position. My X has an odd habit of leaving one or more customized seat positions in some other location if someone has been playing with them or using easy entry in the back.

Looking forward to the amusing combination of uncorking and Chill mode.

I would like the option to include a ride hight setting in the exit profile.
A thousand times yes. This or geo-linked suspension lowering. My dog can't get into the back when it's above Low, but that doesn't stop her from trying and scratching up my bumper in the process.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Gwgan
Had a similar issue (after .44 failed) and Tesla Service said I needed to do a hard reboot.

Park car and remove all connected USB devices/harddrives. In Settings (I think), go to the E-brake (or something like that) tab and shut the car down. Sit for 3 minute WITHOUT touching anything or opening the doors. Then hit brake to wake the car back up. It fixed my issues.

Tried that twice. Still doesn't work. :(

Can anyone on .44 use voice control to get Slacker to play a specific artist and song? Mine's stopped working since either .42 or .44 and I don't know if it's an issue with my Slacker account or with the firmware.
Works fine for me on .44. How often are you requesting the song? Maybe they have increased the time between allowing a particular song to be requested?

Works fine for me on .44. How often are you requesting the song? Maybe they have increased the time between allowing a particular song to be requested?
Doesn't work at all now, just opens a browser like search window with no results. Used to be I could only request a particular song once per day or two, otherwise it would just put me in a custom channel in that genre. Now, requesting a song plays nothing.

I just hit the 1 year anniversary of my build date, so I'm thinking the complimentary Slacker subscription might have expired. I'll try switching to a personal, paid Slacker subscription and see if it starts working again.

Doesn't work at all now, just opens a browser like search window with no results. Used to be I could only request a particular song once per day or two, otherwise it would just put me in a custom channel in that genre. Now, requesting a song plays nothing.

I just hit the 1 year anniversary of my build date, so I'm thinking the complimentary Slacker subscription might have expired. I'll try switching to a personal, paid Slacker subscription and see if it starts working again.
I'm a couple of months past my build anniversary, so I doubt that's it. Maybe the way it recognizes how you ask for the song has changed? I was doing "Play <song> by <artist>". If it didn't recognize the song, it would play something else by the artist. If it didn't recognize the artist it brought up a list. I think. You are speaking toward the rear view mirror where the mike is, I assume?

I'm a couple of months past my build anniversary, so I doubt that's it. Maybe the way it recognizes how you ask for the song has changed? I was doing "Play <song> by <artist>". If it didn't recognize the song, it would play something else by the artist. If it didn't recognize the artist it brought up a list. I think. You are speaking toward the rear view mirror where the mike is, I assume?
Yeah, that's exactly how I've done it in the past and now as well. It recognizes what I'm saying since I can see it parsing the speech on the instrument cluster and it has the correct song and artist in the search window that pops up, there's just no content there.

I've emailed the SC to see if there's something going on with my Slacker account. If I don't get a resolution from them, I'll just pay for a month of Slacker Plus and see if that fixes it.

Definitely a strange problem.

Yeah, that's exactly how I've done it in the past and now as well. It recognizes what I'm saying since I can see it parsing the speech on the instrument cluster and it has the correct song and artist in the search window that pops up, there's just no content there.

I've emailed the SC to see if there's something going on with my Slacker account. If I don't get a resolution from them, I'll just pay for a month of Slacker Plus and see if that fixes it.

Definitely a strange problem.
Problem solved. SC sent me my Slacker credentials and I logged out of the @teslamotors.com account it was logged into and into mine instead. Song search is working again. I can only assume the subscription expired on whatever account the car was logged into, the one they gave me renews on 8/8/2018.

Slacker will not always play the song you request. It has limits on how many times a song can be played within a specific time limit. If the counter is exceeded, it will pick a song that it thinks similar.

If you want to be guaranteed to play a specific song (if in the catalog), you would need slacker plus.

As long as the car is displaying the correct song on the dash, it is probably decoding your speech correctly.