Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the first version of ap that successfully makes it through a very steep off ramp I take every day. Even ap1 fails on it.

Now, if they’d just get car ID in and cars in other lanes and I’d be totally happy.

OK, I'm back... here is the short and synopsis.

Definitely not using side cameras to see cars behind and to the side, so it is not representing the actual blind spot yet. It is, however, representing the adjacent lane cars at low speed on city streets which is new to me as of .44, but may be only because my car is tracking through difficult turns on these streets where prior to this, it had failed, so it's possible that this is why I'm just noticing now.... I may not have tried to engage auto lane change on these streets at low speeds so may not have picked up on it in previous updates.. So, I'd consider this a kinda-sorta precursor to blind spot recognition. I think the car is tracking really well through difficult intersections and old city street curves, where the streets are not anything like straight suburban streets. I'll try to post video

• Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio
OK, I'm back... here is the short and synopsis.

Definitely not using side cameras to see cars behind and to the side, so it is not representing the actual blind spot yet. It is, however, representing the adjacent lane cars at low speed on city streets which is new to me as of .44, but may be only because my car is tracking through difficult turns on these streets where prior to this, it had failed, so it's possible that this is why I'm just noticing now.... I may not have tried to engage auto lane change on these streets at low speeds so may not have picked up on it in previous updates.. So, I'd consider this a kinda-sorta precursor to blind spot recognition. I think the car is tracking really well through difficult intersections and old city street curves, where the streets are not anything like straight suburban streets. I'll try to post video

Yeah that fundamental behavior has been present for a few releases but I do think the distance at which it’s tracking cars is better than before

For what it’s worth, my jaw nearly dropped at how well autosteer is working for you in that lane, where there’s no distinct lane boundary on the left.

Reactions: buttershrimp
Yeah that fundamental behavior has been present for a few releases but I do think the distance at which it’s tracking cars is better than before

For what it’s worth, my jaw nearly dropped at how well autosteer is working for you in that lane, where there’s no distinct lane boundary on the left.

Thanks for cheering me up, I agree about the lane tracking, it's really quite impressive, although I got ahead of myself on the possibility of camera catching adjacent lane cars in the blind spot, it is clear that it's not appearing until the front camera. The more I think of it, the more I think I just tried changing lanes for once on these roads at slower speeds because there were no disengagements. By the way, this is the first time I've done car video, it's hard as hell to hold the camera steady!

So I got the 'easy exit' update this morning. Tried it out as I was looking forward to it. But 'WHAT HO' they made it useless. It activates when you put it into Park. Now it is logical to me to have it activate on opening the drivers door but PARK????? I can't relax in the car when someone gets in or out or I am waiting for them. Raising the steering wheel and moving the seat back would be good if I was actually leaving the car.

Another demonstration of how to screw up a simple thing by Tesla.

OMG -- something so simple and they f it up!!! I would suggest they key it off Park and Seatbelt (i.e. if in Park and Seatbelt unbuckled, then go to easy exit)

Last edited:
Noticed one bug today on .44 Easy Entry. I put the car on park while stopped in traffic (needed to reach for something) and soon after put it back in Drive, but the Easy Entry remained on. I had to click the driver profile from the touchscreen to get my steering wheel back where it should be. :)

OMG -- something so simple and the f it up!!! I would suggest they key it off Park and Seatbelt (i.e. if in Park and Seatbelt unbuckled, then go to easy exit)

I don't know. The concept of initiating Easy Entry on Park makes sense. Moving seat and wheel takes time and if you only start when opening the door, a big part of the exit benefit is lost...

One can abort the easy entry from the touch screen and also return by selecting the driver profile again from the top menu...

Mind you, I am all for a user-selectable option for this...

@Retired I like that it uses Park because it gives the steering wheel some time to move away. Just opening the door comes quite late...
It is early enough, when you open the door; just like in my Porsche. The seat starts moving backwards, when you open the door and you can get out of the car very easily. I share the concern of "Retired". I am still waiting for the .44 and will see for myself, though.

Noticed one bug today on .44 Easy Entry. I put the car on park while stopped in traffic (needed to reach for something) and soon after put it back in Drive, but the Easy Entry remained on. I had to click the driver profile from the touchscreen to get my steering wheel back where it should be. :)

I don't know. The concept of initiating Easy Entry on Park makes sense. Moving seat and wheel takes time and if you only start when opening the door, a big part of the exit benefit is lost...

One can abort the easy entry from the touch screen and also return by selecting the driver profile again from the top menu...

Mind you, I am all for a user-selectable option for this...
So far I like the easy entry on park, kind of neat to press the brake and have it all motorized and move in to gear like a spaceship :). I like that it’s adjustable too as opposed to other car brands .... easy entry for one person is probably a hole to fall into for another

You also need to put the car in Park to open a FWD while dropping off the kids.

This feature is made needlessly difficult to implement by the lack of an OFF function for the car. In every gas car that has this feature, it's turning off the engine that triggers it. Avoids so many false trigger situations. Without that, the car (especially the X!) will do the wrong thing often.

Sure, I can just turn this off, but in a car with an off button I can have easy exit AND competently drop off the kids in the school drive up.

Car needs an off button already. Just let me tell you when I intend to stop driving. Stop the guessing.

For some other scenarios it seems to make sense too. It seems that putting it in Park just sit for a few minutes to wait for someone or sort through your purse or folders or bag .... it moves the steering wheel out of the way and your seat back/down ... which gives you more *room* around/in_front of you.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
It is early enough, when you open the door; just like in my Porsche. The seat starts moving backwards, when you open the door and you can get out of the car very easily. I share the concern of "Retired". I am still waiting for the .44 and will see for myself, though.

If I recall my Audi A8 did it on opening the door (probably same tech as in the Porsche) and it always felt a bit too late for me... I like the P solution. But user selectable Park or Door would be great!

Tesla should have lots more configurability really, the screen and software updates would allow so much...

@buttershrimp On that vein, I too like the configurable Easy Entry position. :)

Last edited:
So I got the 'easy exit' update this morning. Tried it out as I was looking forward to it. But 'WHAT HO' they made it useless. It activates when you put it into Park. Now it is logical to me to have it activate on opening the drivers door but PARK????? I can't relax in the car when someone gets in or out or I am waiting for them. Raising the steering wheel and moving the seat back would be good if I was actually leaving the car.

wow, overreact much?

this is ideal for me cuz i drive mostly by myself and honestly don't give a rat's about my passengers comfort..lol

Reactions: Bilen
Have to disagree with you on that. I like it on Park. My previous car it was tied to opening the door - so you want to get out, you pull the handle and then wait until it moves the wheel, the seat ,and whatever else, and then step out. At least with Park you push the button, it starts doing it's thing, you grab your phone and go to open the door. It's all done by the time you get to the opening the door bit.

I haven’t received the update yet but If Tesla named it “Easy Entry” then they are not really paying much attention to how you exit? So engaging it when in P as opposed to when the door is opened seems premature.:D A toggle when/if to activate would be nice... why not?

Personally, I don't like the current activate-on-park solution. It makes it very difficult for rear seat passengers waiting to exit and the seat pins them in. If they have long legs they're screwed. Good thing it moves slowly. Also makes it tighter if you've stopped to let someone get in the rear seat. At least for MS. Don't know about MX.