Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chill mode=eco mode. Prius mode. Mini van mode. Geo mode. Yugo mode. Now the question is better range mode?
Should be, based on power curves I have seen in the last a lot of “waste” (if you’re not having fun) coming from harder acceleration. Tesla, basically added the valet mode acceleration to the normal profile. Something I had mentioned before was when I drove for a day in valet mode, I noticed an improvement in my range.

So I just got the update and pulled some numbers on "Chill". Even flooring it, it definitely retards the acceleration. It starts off slow and builds, feels very very linear.

Uncorked X100D
33F, Clear, Cold battery

Standard
0-60 5.0s
512 Max HP

Chill
0-60 8.5s
340 Max HP

Is it just a delayed power ramp-up? Did the power continue creeping up beyond 340hp?

This kind of makes me wish the Tesla accelerator had a kickdown switch at the end of its pedal travel. In an automatic, in general the driving profile (sport/comfort/normal) affected acceleration unless you pressed down on that switch, at which point it goes into max acceleration.

Bummer, I don't want either of those features. No AP improvements?
I haven't gotten 2017.44, but I did get 2017.42 last week and I will say AP did improve. After previous release, I think there were some issues with AP where I definitely didn't trust it in certain scenarios, but after 2017.42--it seems more stable. I am hoping 2017.44 doesn't mess it up

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
.44 seems like a very welcome update so far.

Entry Mode works very well and is most welcome. I like it that I can adjust it as a I see fit, too.

Chill seems to be well implemented. Not sure I will use it personally, but really a nicely done feature at least on the P100D. It doesn't feel artificial or do anything unexpected, it is just more benign, and it is not too slow.

This kind of makes me wish the Tesla accelerator had a kickdown switch at the end of its pedal travel. In an automatic, in general the driving profile (sport/comfort/normal) affected acceleration unless you pressed down on that switch, at which point it goes into max acceleration.

Yes, good idea. Maybe Tesla could develop something that would do a similar thing through software... Kickdown On/Off...

So I got the 'easy exit' update this morning. Tried it out as I was looking forward to it. But 'WHAT HO' they made it useless. It activates when you put it into Park. Now it is logical to me to have it activate on opening the drivers door but PARK????? I can't relax in the car when someone gets in or out or I am waiting for them. Raising the steering wheel and moving the seat back would be good if I was actually leaving the car.

Another demonstration of how to screw up a simple thing by Tesla.

I'll add this observation here....
Ladies and gents! .44 has sort of/kind of blind spot detection!

Now, when on local streets where auto lane change is not truly available when autopilot is on (so basically non-highway streets) if you put on your blinker, the cars in the adjacent lanes appear as soon as you put the blinker on! Which is nice because when you decide to switch lanes, and disengage the autopilot, you know what cars are to the left and right. Also, the ultrasonic sensors appear to be much faster with recognizing curbs, grass, etc..... That being said, I haven't yet tested this with a car behind and to the left or right which is actually where the real blind spot is.... however, it is a new development, I just don't know if it is the front camera or if it picks up the actual blind spot. I'll test it more tomorrow, but so far, pretty cool

I don't think that is new, it has done that for quite a few versions.

This has not been my experience off highways until .44, and I have not tested this with cars in the actual blind spot, which is why I say, kinda-sorta blind spot detection... For me, it is a clear change though in how AP2 displays model cars in adjacent lanes that it has no intention of conducting an autolane change on

.... For instance, 30-40 mph in suburban streets, with autopilot on, if you hit the lane change signal, the cars instantly appear in adjacent lanes, similar to what was happening in previous version on highways.

Whaaaa??? We are drooling for some pictures of this. You do mean cars beside/behind you and not in front?

Beside, yes, but I have not had the chance to test truly behind in the real blind spot.... short commute today, but I'm excited to see if you guys find something similar or can test it before me tomorrow

You saw this at low speeds? City streets and not on highway? This was the first time observing this on city streets and I just upgraded from .40....

Dammit, now I have to go test this out tonight don't I? Be back in 30 minutes.